One Positive

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

One Positive

OK we have plenty of threads about yesterday.

We have a negatives thread

Post just one positive about the 2014 Saints after the first two games.

Try and just make it one positive.

Heres mine.

Attack on the opposition players. Seems to be up significantly from last season.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: One Positive

Fitness. We seem to be consistently running out quarters well. It was noticeable in the third quarter when we kicked the last 4 goals (trailed by 20 points) of the quarter and then when we settled in the last.

one point
Club Player

The coach! We have a very very good one.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Love the overall effort!

PADDLEPOP1000
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Kicking for goal very accurate

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

A coach that the players play for and for each other not just themselves and personal pride. Sums it all up.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

There are many positives, even the negatives, because the negatives are expected in the teams development right now.
There's a lot less stress out there because our expectations are not high right now. All we want to see is effort, which we are getting, some good talented kids developing, which we have had plenty of.
Plus, a win or two is greatly appreciated no matter who the opponent is.
As I said 4 years ago, we would have been upset because we would have assumed that we should have totally smashed those two teams and be at the top, because that was where we were back then, a contender.
Now, we are happy to be down near the bottom because we will get better recruits to put us back to being slightly arrogant supporters again with expectations of ultimate success.
Also, we can enjoy the teams who are just realising they aren't contenders and have further to go than we do.
For me, the only negative has been the form of Roberton, but hey, we have Simpkin and Bruce who can come in, both are good players and can get there chance to be part of the next generation. Roberton too, can go back to Sandy, regain some form and force his way back into the side, all good.
I said I'd be happy with five wins, we now have 20 to get just 3 more.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

For me there's a big one that has been evident over the season so far and marked yesterday as well.

To a degree, we're playing smarter football in contests... Players spoil the ball towards team mates, they block for each other in packs and do the old one two over the top

They handball through packs...

Moving forward we kick it to the advantage of our forwards... Guys like Roo, Stanley, Hickey, Maister, Dunstan etc all were able to get on the end of good passing (didnt mark necessarily)... Havent seen that for a long time

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Our captain leads the Coleman Medal race and possibly the Brownlow with 8.1.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintbob
SS Life Member

The kids

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:There are many positives, even the negatives, because the negatives are expected in the teams development right now.
There's a lot less stress out there because our expectations are not high right now. All we want to see is effort, which we are getting, some good talented kids developing, which we have had plenty of.
As I said 4 years ago, we would have been upset because we would have assumed that we should have totally smashed those two teams and be at the top, because that was where we were back then, a contender.
Now, we are happy to be down near the bottom because we will get better recruits to put us back to being slightly arrogant supporters again with expectations of ultimate success.
Also, we can enjoy the teams who are just realising they aren't contenders and have further to go than we do.
For me, the only negative has been the form of Roberton, but hey, we have Simpkin and Bruce who can come in, both are good players and can get there chance to be part of the next generation. Roberton too, can go back to Sandy, regain some form and force his way back into the side, all good.
Why did you even bother to post.

I asked for a simple one positive not a bunch of positives and negatives.

Is it that bloody hard?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:There are many positives, even the negatives, because the negatives are expected in the teams development right now.
Why did you even bother to post.

I asked for a simple one positive not a bunch of positives and negatives.

Is it that bloody hard?
Sorry JB, got a little carried away with the positives that some on here said a few weeks ago we had none of.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

We have positives.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

One positive is that the drunken supporter from last week was not sighted yesterday. :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, the skills that have been on display with the young kids is a sight to behold. Once they become more settled with the pace & tempo of the game their disposal will improve. A lot to look forward to for Saints fans.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:We have positives.
As long as it's not HIV it's all good!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
luc1966
Club Player

Really live watching the older guys and there passion for the jumper

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:One positive is that the drunken supporter from last week was not sighted yesterday. :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, the skills that have been on display with the young kids is a sight to behold. Once they become more settled with the pace & tempo of the game their disposal will improve. A lot to look forward to for Saints fans.
Heard he was at the Melbourne game bagging the crap out of Watts :D

Lance or James??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Eli makes me want to stand up when he gets the ball. A young Stevie Milne had that ability. Dunstan is like a bull at a gate. Wright and Saunders look like they will be players. Newnes is going to be very good. Delaney is a bit like Zac but despite attracting the usual critics he substantially improves our structure.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

We have another solid full back in Delaney !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
sverik25
Club Player

Just happy with the all round effort and commitment to the game plan.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

efforts
im happy with the effort and attack on the ball

stevie
Saintsational Legend

The boys are enjoying their footy

And a big positive is we aren't Essenscum

St Lenny
Club Player

Hard tackling is back.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Our recruiting looks like it has significantly improved.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Another point on our improved fitness. GWS had 2 weeks between games so should've been a lot fresher.