Joey???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Joey???

Because I was watching the match on TV, & therefore one misses a lot of what is happening off the ball and what ground the players are covering at times.

Joey to me didn't seem to have his usual run and carry. Was he carrying an injury? Was he being heavily tagged when off the ball?

I noticed a couple of times his running kicking was a bit high, loopy and hanging in the air, not the long and penetrating kicks he usually delivers.

A few on here have put Joey in their best players........... to me he didn't seem to have that usual spark and ability to gut run and link up....... I saw it a few times, but not up to Joey's usual standard IMHO.

Is it because I missed his good position work being done and running out of the camera focus? It's a bummer when you have to watch so many games on the telly, hard at times to judge players work rates off the ball.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Joey???

Copped a couple of Very Heavy knocks early in the game, including one just below his knee. Still ended up with 25 touches, including a couple of vital touches late in the game. They said on radio that he still had ice on his leg well after the game, but should be OK for next week !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

eel33
Club Player

Leg injury (shin or calf?) in the first quarter. Spent a fair number of minutes off the ground a couple of times while they tried to get it right.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Copped a couple of Very Heavy knocks early in the game, including one just below his knee. Still ended up with 25 touches, including a couple of vital touches late in the game. They said on radio that he still had ice on his leg well after the game, but should be OK for next week !!
Ta Tom.............. noticed he was proppy for awhile after a knock in the first quarter...... it was his running (or not so much of it today) that worried me.

Nothing like seeing a Joey run a ball out of defence, around the flank and sending it into the Saints attacking half............. or gut running past a team-mate, getting a handball and letting fly from the pocket for great goal.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep...sore leg....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Has he shed a couple of kilos over the summer? He looked lighter.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Our next chance for a win is against Brisbane on Anzac Day. If players are a bit sore don't fly them to Perth. Markworth Milera Lee etc need a run also in the big league

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Our next chance for a win is against Brisbane on Anzac Day. If players are a bit sore don't fly them to Perth. Markworth Milera Lee etc need a run also in the big league
Adelaide might be gettable

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107