St Kilda FC needs YOU !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda FC needs YOU !!

With almost everyone in the football industry/media talking our club DOWN, anything & everything you can do to help our great club needs to be done NOW. Membership, Merchandise, Player Sponsorship, bums on seats. It would be great if the club could land a Major Sponsor (a brand that we could easily identify would be a bonus), but all of us "nobodys" can do our little bit too. It's easy to put your hand in your pocket when all is going great, but it is NOW, when the club is struggling that they need us the most !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda FC needs YOU !!

again..

Bring back the Lockett era
lloyd21
Club Player

8-) Agree with you Eastern and have bought the usual 2 memberships this year and will next year too.
Unfortunately perception is law in the footy world , we have a large supporter base who follow Stkilda but will not " support club " financially .

I know a lot who will not be a member in fact they have never been a member and were all calling me for " Grand final tickets ".

Scott Watters was correct in one thing" THE club " should have 50,000 members , the bayside angle is good one the big problem with club in the past admin's
have let the club down over it's history which has been the problem.
The constant hope is the club get's the little things right in the future and we get a " Microsoft " " Apple" " BHP " "Samsung" " Revlon" " Versace" as a sponsor.

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

Well spoken Eastern.
Maybe some of the NEGATIVE TYPES on this forum could start posting some positive and encouraging stories to boost the enthusiasm.
I don't read the negative crap, but I assume it's still flowing from those who will remain nameless.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well for a start we need a better Facebook presence to get more likes for the Saints FB page. Best free advertising you can get

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sentiment always from the fans, when's the club going to need us?

FQF
SS Life Member

Glad to announce that I have ensured the addition of 3 new memberships to our tally.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

GoSaintersGo wrote:Well spoken Eastern.
Maybe some of the NEGATIVE TYPES on this forum could start posting some positive and encouraging stories to boost the enthusiasm.
I don't read the negative crap, but I assume it's still flowing from those who will remain nameless.

This type of statement annoys me.

I'll post what I like and what I think. Obviously not everything is right so unsure why people can't be negative about our club right now.

I for one won't be doing a predicted ladder with us finishing first. In fact, if someone does, I probably wouldn't think much else of their other views, opinions and predictions.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Well said Eastern !

PADDLEPOP1000
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
GoSaintersGo wrote:Well spoken Eastern.

This type of statement annoys me.

I'll post what I like and what I think. Obviously not everything is right so unsure why people can't be negative about our club right now.

I for one won't be doing a predicted ladder with us finishing first. In fact, if someone does, I probably wouldn't think much else of their other views, opinions and predictions.

I think being negative about the club on an internet forum, serves about as much purpose and achieves about the same as being positive about the club.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, it's going to be a pretty rough period for the club. We'll all need to dig deep and keep supporting our beloved Saints and hope that we're not too far away from some onfield success to bring back the bandwagon jumpers.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

+1

PADDLEPOP1000
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

They had me at halo 8-)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern my good friend! :D What a great post! As has been said previously by Spinner; folk are free to post whatever their opinions/feelings are on matters concerning the club, no problem as far as I'm concerned, it is a forum for ALL lines of thought, whether these are seen as "negative" or not by some is not the issue per-se. It doesn't take the brains of an Einstein to see that we are looking at what COULD be a L-O-N-G (and difficult) season ahead of us. If folk want to express an opinion toward this way of thinking, and to focus on what is wrong, then as long as it doesn't get personal or offensive, we should welcome the debate. Personally, I am looking forward to the season, and can hardly wait to get back to "The Dome we call Home" and instead of worrying about the result, simply look forward to going along to the footy and meet up with my pals! This could be a season from hell, OR it might just be a GREAT season when we see the emergence of a new young and hungry Saints side surpising a few "pundits, gurus, boffins" or whatever they want to call themselves! REALLY? who knows? why not just wait and see what the season brings? instead of anticipating either disaster or triumph. All that I know, is that I'm there come round one!

GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:They had me at halo 8-)
Doc you are just too funny and too clever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mullet
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Glad to announce that I have ensured the addition of 3 new memberships to our tally.
Good Job FQF :D :D :D

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic thread Eastern! Love the commitment and dedication to the brotherhood! I will give what I can! and I will hound those around me to give even more!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Mmm...

So after inept administration for years, which has put us in a precarious position (when this was stated in the past, there was complete denial... Even attack?)

We need to give? How about giving the club our money for membership, and loyally following them.... But expect the club to be run competitively and professionally...

You can only go the pity road so often IMO ..... They need to accept f*** ups and enact change.

We are almost an official basket case, and to think when this was forewarned, which was met with aggressive (ignorant) opposition?!

Of course we will always support the club, but those in charge of running it, need to be accountable for its performance also....

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:They need to accept f*** ups and enact change.
You're right!!

We should get a new President, New Coach, and new CEO........... :wink:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

So it seems people are happy for the club to die a slow death because of miss deeds of people not at the club anymore. What short sighted disgusting and self harming that is.

To have a ex coach and saints man in Grant Thomas spaming everyone suggesting the saints will relocate to new Zealand, yet refuses to dip into his own pocket to buy a membership, sums up where most of our supporter base is currently.

I applaud the OP and demand that people get behind this club. Lets not get to the SOS stage again!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:To have a ex coach and saints man in Grant Thomas spaming everyone suggesting the saints will relocate to new Zealand, yet refuses to dip into his own pocket to buy a membership, sums up where most of our supporter base is currently.
???

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

First time I've agreed with BM in awhile, own it saints...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:First time I've agreed with BM in awhile, own it saints...
Hopefully they are however it will be a while before we can tell if the new regime is effective, however I can't agree with BM because any fool can criticise and throw rocks as much as BM does and eventually be right.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I will be buying a membership for as long as I can, if I could afford I'd buy a country membership for my niece in L.A. but sadly money is tight.
Trust this year will be hard, so will next, but the stronger our membership, the stronger the club and the better stuff we will attract.
Yes you can disagree with the board and whatever, but the club membership should always be above that, if you think by not buying a membership sends a message when you can, you are right, the message it sends is that you don't care about the clubs future, that you don't want to help it to re build and are just a parasite who sucks on it when it's successful but abandon it when it needs you most.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
We are almost an official basket case...

What exactly, does that mean?

In an official sense, what is the definition of a basket case?