AGM Questions ??????????? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

AGM Questions ??????????? !!

Are you going?

Will you ask any questions?

Those NOT going. What would you ask if you had the opportunity?

Please try to keep this thread civil

I'll kick it off;

Would the club consider holding future AGMs at a Central Location like Etihad Stadium? Yes, I stole this one from saintbrat :oops:

Could the club please give us an update on any news regarding a replacement sponsor for Centrebet !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: AGM Questions ??????????? !!

Where is the contract with the Dome at and is there any scope to pressure the AFL to re-negotiate a better deal.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Why doesn't somebody answer the Membership Phone?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Why Seaford? Out of all the places across Australia why Seaford?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
howlinwolf
Club Player

Do we have a long term plan for financial sustainablility that prevents our current position occuring again ?
If so what is it ?

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Why doesn't somebody answer the Membership Phone?
They have caller ID ?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Meaning of Life and why does the shower curtain move inwards when the hot water is turned on?

Follow up - potato's mashed, or whole?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

1 What strength as a lobby group does the new president and it's board have with regards to participating in the ensuing discussions with the AFL and the issue of equalisation?

2. If it hasn't already happened, has the club considered joining forces with any other Victorian clubs to improve its lobby power in any future equalization discussions or negotiations with the AFL?

3. Have they done anything as yet to prepare for the ensuing equalisation discussions with the AFL?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

joffaboy wrote:Meaning of Life and why does the shower curtain move inwards when the hot water is turned on?

Follow up - potato's mashed, or whole?

Thermodynamics.

Whole, IMHO (jacket on).

Hope that helps. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Why doesn't somebody answer the Membership Phone?
They have caller ID ?
I don't think so, otherwise they would have put on the recorded message that says "f*** off you old prick".

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Some damn good questions in here gals and guys. :D :idea:

I'd also like to ask something re:
- Sponsorship... uhmmmm... we have blokes on the board with strong and intimate links to some major companies :idea: ... surely we can find a way around any trifling 'conflict of interest' issues...?

- The eventual aim of competing with the interstate faux clubs :evil: and with the Hillbillies... our own home ground again... Moorabbin or Junction Oval, either would be very acceptable to me.

Actually..., like to ask(?)..., hell, I think that I will... just need to be able to formulate the questions properly, and find some selective Wikipedia refs. :wink:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The big issue is when will the AFL take ownership of Etihad.

They get it for a dollar in 2025 but maybe it would be more cost effective for them to buy it out 5 to 7 years prior, given the millions of dollars compo they are already dishing out due to poor deals. The pressure our club and others put on the commission may help push that agenda issue higher up on the pecking order.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Some damn good questions in here gals and guys. :D :idea:

- Sponsorship... uhmmmm... we have blokes on the board with strong and intimate links to some major companies :idea: ... surely we can find a way around any trifling 'conflict of interest' issues...?

- The eventual aim of competing with the interstate faux clubs :evil: and with the Hillbillies... our own home ground again... Moorabbin or Junction Oval, either would be very acceptable to me.

Actually..., like to ask(?)..., hell, I think that I will... just need to be able to formulate the questions properly, and find some selective Wikipedia refs. :wink:

I think Seaford is our home ground whatever that means these days. I think the term should be training ground. Not sure the Pies call where they train their home ground. I would ask do you think people care where we train when most sessions are closed and even when open bugger all really go these days and that was even at Moorabbin.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Some damn good questions in here gals and guys. :D :idea:

I think Seaford is our home ground whatever that means these days. I think the term should be training ground. Not sure the Pies call where they train their home ground. I would ask do you think people care where we train when most sessions are closed and even when open bugger all really go these days and that was even at Moorabbin.
In modern football, training venues are just that.

The Seaford location is irrelevant.

philtee
Club Player

Worth asking, but won't get answered...

"The Scott Watters sacking was a debacle costing the club a wad of cash and credibility. Can you explain
step-by-step the events that led to the decision to let Watters go".

"Who is/was leaking all the info out of Linen House?"

"Please cut through all the usual warm and gooey BS about coaching selection, and tell us if Alan Richardson is the real deal."

defacto
Club Player

i'd ask what initiatives are in place for the club to create a revenue stream outside of football. every effing year they say they need to do it, were still waiting

70s sainter
Club Player

" What were the multiple projects in the pipeline (soon to be announced - months ago) that Nettledfold was referring to as the reason he couldn't commit to the club anymore."

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

What are the plans for the introduction of a stand alone VFL team and how will the separation from Sandringham be managed?

What is the projected cost of having a Saints VFL team?

What are the plans for the redevelopment of Moorabbin? Lots of talk of it being community based redevelopment. What would this look like in practice?

Are there any plans to make Seaford more supporter friendly? e.g. some way for kids to see over the fence, etc.

If supporters want to discuss any of these type of questions with the club who should they contact? (With the idea being to get an actual name and contact details, rather than just "phone/email the club".)

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Worth asking, but won't get answered...

"The Scott Watters sacking was a debacle costing the club a wad of cash and credibility. Can you explain
step-by-step the events that led to the decision to let Watters go".

"Who is/was leaking all the info out of Linen House?"

"Please cut through all the usual warm and gooey BS about coaching selection, and tell us if Alan Richardson is the real deal."
:lol:

Hi philtee, please don't ask those questions! I've promised to be a good boy and not bring up the subject, but if someone else does, then I don't think that I'll be able to keep a straight face. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for your final question, yes, Alan R is the real deal... he's a Ramrod! (Eastern knows this. :P )

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

PS: To all my fellow Saintsationalists who don't care where we train... I'm not primarily talking about where we train.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:PS: To all my fellow Saintsationalists who don't care where we train... I'm not primarily talking about where we train.

Well what are you talking about?

suss
Club Player

Why does everything you touch turn to ****? I think that covers the field but is it direct enough?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:Why does everything you touch turn to ****? I think that covers the field but is it direct enough?

if you are talking to me which i gather you are then tell me what I have said that has turned this to crap. Put me on igore if cant handle basic simple questions. A really weird statement for no reason at all.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

How is a training session at Seaford ever closed? It's wide open to whoever happens to be in the neighbourhood.

How many used to watch training in the good old days, and where did they watch it?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:Why does everything you touch turn to ****? I think that covers the field but is it direct enough?

if you are talking to me which i gather you are then tell me what I have said that has turned this to crap. Put me on igore if cant handle basic simple questions. A really weird statement for no reason at all.
It's a question for the board, not you. Not everything is about you princess. :wink: