Be POSITIVE, SAINTS FANS !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Be POSITIVE, SAINTS FANS !!

There has been a bit too much "Doom & Gloom" and NEGATIVITY around here lately. I reckon it's about time for all of us to channel our energies in a more positive light. What can WE do, you ask? The short answer is PLENTY. Here are a couple of ideas that some of you might want to build on;

MEMBERSHIP. Those on the roll-over plan can let their membership roll-over automatically. They were posted out last week. Some might even consider upgrading their memberships. Others might want to be like the Jiggster and get down to Seaford soon to renew your membership.

LOYALTY MARCH. Yes, I'm blowing my own trumpet here but this attracted more than 1,000 people at the first attempt. Yes, some see it as a bit of a gimmick but it connects people with the club and the club with the people. I say the more events like this, the better for the club, the members and the fans. Who knows? We might eventually get a sponsor on board. I will get on the case as soon as the FIXture for 2014 is released. An idea that I will be putting to the club will be to involve the "Soldier On" program in next year's march.

I SEE RED DAY/NIGHT. This will involve a HOME game against Collingwood. The idea is to get as many saints fans as possible to wear as much RED as possible for this game. We could even get the club (Ian McLoed) to seek some sort of "sponsorship" for this event through Coles or Coles little RED car insurance (RED T-Shirts?). This idea still needs some work, but we've got time.

Both of the above events are Low Cost, Easy to Organise, Involve SAINTS FANS of ALL AGES and are a way of connecting the fans with the club. Yes, some will see them as "Gimmicky" but my experience from the "March" this year tells me that everyone involved really enjoyed it. They are ways of bringing a bit extra FUN into going to the footy.

I know that the club is open to ideas like this and if they see merit in it they will run with it. Do any of you have any/better ideas? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: Be POSITIVE, SAINTS FANS !!

good on you eastern like your ideas

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Good stuff eastern. Too much negativity and too much navel gazing and looking at the past.

This is where I see us going fwd

Gilbert Bruce simpkin
Webster Roberton Geary
Saunders Ross Aish
? White curren
Minch Lee ?

Hickey stanley Macca ?
Steven
Markworth
Int from Newnes ? ??

So for me we need to work out which is our best ruck combo
Plus whether siposs is any good as the third fwd.
I am making big assumptions on white Amish and markworth

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Good stuff Eastern,

I love this club
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern you beauty! Wonderful post my good friend! there's PLENTY to be positive about around here! I am with you 200%! The march around the "dome we call home" was a great initiative and will I'm sure become a permanent feature of being a Saints supporter. When you consider just how poor our results were for the year, and an interstate opponent to boot, the turnout for the march was magnificent. I am proud to say that I took part in the first march! Make no mistake, it's going to be a tough gig being a Sainter for a few seasons to come. But by gum I'm more than ready to roll up my sleeves with my good pals from the St Kilda footy club and do what I can for our club!
ONYA Eastern! Your blood's worth bottling mate!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm positive that most of the stuff written on here makes for good or interesting reading, BUT, you'd be silly to believe any of it.

Only believe what becomes reality, the rest is speculation, especially in the off season.. :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:There has been a bit too much "Doom & Gloom" and NEGATIVITY around here lately. I reckon it's about time for all of us to channel our energies in a more positive light. What can WE do, you ask? The short answer is PLENTY. Here are a couple of ideas that some of you might want to build on;

MEMBERSHIP. Those on the roll-over plan can let their membership roll-over automatically. They were posted out last week. Some might even consider upgrading their memberships. Others might want to be like the Jiggster and get down to Seaford soon to renew your membership.

LOYALTY MARCH. Yes, I'm blowing my own trumpet here but this attracted more than 1,000 people at the first attempt. Yes, some see it as a bit of a gimmick but it connects people with the club and the club with the people. I say the more events like this, the better for the club, the members and the fans. Who knows? We might eventually get a sponsor on board. I will get on the case as soon as the FIXture for 2014 is released. An idea that I will be putting to the club will be to involve the "Soldier On" program in next year's march.

I SEE RED DAY/NIGHT. This will involve a HOME game against Collingwood. The idea is to get as many saints fans as possible to wear as much RED as possible for this game. We could even get the club (Ian McLoed) to seek some sort of "sponsorship" for this event through Coles or Coles little RED car insurance (RED T-Shirts?). This idea still needs some work, but we've got time.

Both of the above events are Low Cost, Easy to Organise, Involve SAINTS FANS of ALL AGES and are a way of connecting the fans with the club. Yes, some will see them as "Gimmicky" but my experience from the "March" this year tells me that everyone involved really enjoyed it. They are ways of bringing a bit extra FUN into going to the footy.

I know that the club is open to ideas like this and if they see merit in it they will run with it. Do any of you have any/better ideas? !!
That's great Eastern. I especially liked the " I see red" concept, very clever.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
Eastern wrote:There has been a bit too much "Doom & Gloom" and NEGATIVITY around here lately. I reckon it's about time for all of us to channel our energies in a more positive light. What can WE do, you ask? The short answer is PLENTY. Here are a couple of ideas that some of you might want to build on;

That's great Eastern. I especially liked the " I see red" concept, very clever.

if we could only get Tim Finn involved.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

or his brother Mickey? :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
lloyd21
Club Player

Agree Eastern very excited about seeing who the Saints draft this year too.

Hopefully a few South Aust kids , great chance to set club up for years to come finishing low and with teams out of draft.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Hey eastern - love the"I see Red" concept.

Perhaps we can get sponsorship from Red Rooster and people can dress up as chickens for fun ...or at the very least everyone brings along a rubber chicken .. and we can have a ceremonial throwing of the chicken at the Collingwood cheer squad. :lol: :lol:

Geez Id fly half way around the world to be part of a group rubber chicken pelting ... :lol:

.. its going a be a long summer ...

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Good on you Eastern, it is way easier to be negative in the hard times; it takes fortitude to stick fast and have some faith in a longer term plan. Love the "red" plan. And love Zed's chook sponsorship/missile combo deal!

Round 23 showed the goodwill that subsists amongst Saints supporters even in the gloomier times, and as a club and its members and extended supporter base we need to do whatever we can to better harness that. Being reminded yesterday that Hawthorn (who nearly ceased to exists not long ago) has 65,000 members shows that we can only improve.

My kids were born in and after 2006; it's hard to explain to them that the Saints don't always make the finals or that the bloke on their back might end up playing for Essendon (or, this year, North - our family either better improve our guernsey number selections or revert to the old days of not choosing). But I can't wait for next year (and, if the truth be told, the year after and the year after that). I promise this year to renew all our memberships as early as possible, to save the poor membership department having to waste money chasing us up.

I am choosing to believe in the new president, the coach and the new kids, and pray to the footy gods to deliver up a fresh, competent new CEO and some benevolent sponsorship bucks ...

And Eastern, we'll be there for your next march. Super effort.

Always loyal
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Good ideas Eastern,

Well worth consideration by the club.

Keep those ideas flowing.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we can only get better

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I like the "I see red" idea eastern...

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

fantastic stuff Eastern, this is what supporting a club is all about, I am so over the negative crap thats constantly posted on here.
I for one will be upgrading my entire family's membership next year as soon as they open up.
Cant wait for 2014 season

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Great work Eastern!

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I'm positive we're gunna be s*** for the next 3 years.....joking....

I loved at Melbourne v St Kilda game this year they were playing Stones "Sympathy for the Devil" (perhaps trying to get Andy D to give them a priority pick). I've always thought the Saints and Demons should do a Halloween theme game. Halloween comes from "All Hallows Eve" or "All Saints Eve" so fits in with our club perfectly You could have entertainers dressed up as zombies, devils, good witches and bad witches, angels, mummies wandering in the crowd handing out lollies. Kids would love it. Some schools could do a Thriller performance at half time. People could wear halos or little horns. I don't think families really want to go trick or treating in Australia hasn't caught on so this could be an alternative.

milney044
Club Player

Absolutely love your work Eastern, especially the fact that you put your idea into action - the march was awesome and is sure to get even bigger and better!

One thing i would love to do is steal some ideas off the moorabbin wing for the social club.. we need more people like the jiggster down there to really ignite the saints fans.. it is seriously so dull down there compared to other club's fans and has so much room for improvement.. the cheersquad could start something up with some basic, strong chants. No offense to them but a lot of fans are well and truly over the "goal goal goal wooo" chant, something fresh and not so 'daggy' would be ideal. I even like the simple "St.Kilda" chant or chanting player's name after a goal. The hardest part seems to be getting fans to join in and as a vocal myself i just find it so hard to believe fans go to games and don't want to cheer for their team! There's gotta be a way to fix/improve this!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

we will survive

we have for 140 years so keep it going Saints fans.......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The little red car thingy is a great idea.

Hey Mr McLeod, how about 50 cents a litre fuel vouchers for all new Saints members that sign up by 31 October?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I have never been more sure that I will never see my club win a premiership in my life time than I am today. I am 37 and am so sick of never seeing us win one and all of these teams like Hawthorn just win them at will. I will always get a membership and get along to the games but I just don't have anymore faith in that I will ever see a flag!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I have never been more sure that I will never see my club win a premiership in my life time than I am today. I am 37 and am so sick of never seeing us win one and all of these teams like Hawthorn just win them at will. I will always get a membership and get along to the games but I just don't have anymore faith in that I will ever see a flag!
Hard to believe that in the 1971 Grand Final Hawthorn and StKilda were both playing to win their 2nd Premiership.
Hawthorn have just won their 11th, we are still pining for our 2nd, these clubs have followed radically different paths since 1971, one, in a huge understatement, a lot more successful than the other. :shock:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I have never been more sure that I will never see my club win a premiership in my life time than I am today. I am 37 and am so sick of never seeing us win one and all of these teams like Hawthorn just win them at will. I will always get a membership and get along to the games but I just don't have anymore faith in that I will ever see a flag!
:shock: :?: :?

You're on the wrong thread...try "Saints in disarray" or "That bitter aftertaste left in your mouth on GF day"

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand the red thing. Why would I want to not wear red white and black to a home game?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"