Dusty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dusty

woodrow, as the big brother, you worried about him?

I'm getting the feeling he shadows fish a bit, like someone he wants to emulate?

I could be wrong though.

Don't feel you have to share if you don't want though

Hope he's fit and firing for the saints come preseason

gringo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Apparently

Don't tell us that Woodrow, I was looking at his stats in the review today and he actually had a killer year. Much better than I even remembered. He is starting to play like we thought he could. He was over shadowed by Jack but he was really as good as Ball ever was in his last few years with us.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
dragit wrote:Watters is an idiot if he thinks its okay to tell people who they can holiday with...

Trade or sack people that do the wrong thing... banning people from their holidays is ridiculous & against the law.
Given the Saints recent off field discretions surely it makes sense to do whatever you can to look after the clubs best interests.

Asking a couple of players to "reconsider" their holiday plans so the club may avoid further media scrutiny makes sense does it not?

IF something does happen then we would all be aghast that the club hadn't taken at least some steps to try to avoid any further damaging situations and protect its already tattered identity.

What I'm surprised you dont realise dragit is that the club can't wait for players to do the "wrong thing" - we can't afford them to do the "wrong thing" - and given the intense media scrutiny around Martin and his perceived "badboy" image any minute indiscretions will be reported by the media and if it involves St Kilda players then we are farked once again.

The St Kilda brand has been through the rinser - to the point where we are struggling for sponsors - we are struggling for members - we don't need anymore s*** going down.

IMO - given where we are at the moment - the club was right to ask Fisher and Armo to reconsider their holiday plans however they don't have to listen to the club and they should be able to go on holiday where they want and with whom they want - but if they are found to have ignored the club's advice and are meeting up with Martin in Bali then they have no right to bitch when the club decides to move them on - that's if any clubs want them!!
I understand the motivation… but we're not talking about Ivan Milat here, this is another high profile AFL footballer, albeit with a "bad boy" reputation.

I don't understand how the catalyst of this request was because another 30 year old player set fire to a dwarf… if we are fair dinkum we should have sacked him…

Was Armo & Chips holiday plans okay before Mad Monday?

I heard a few players were asked to change their holiday plans… after a pretty shitty year, it's a pretty big kick in the pants to be asked to not take your planned holiday. No wonder we are hearing reports that the older players don't like Watters…

defacto
Club Player

does armos brother really post in here?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

defacto wrote:does armos brother really post in here?
If he did, he would be extremely careful to say nothing.
Fine, Caro, Whately, Robinson, any of those reprobates could be in here too.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: I understand the motivation… but we're not talking about Ivan Milat here, this is another high profile AFL footballer, albeit with a "bad boy" reputation.
Ivan milat - WTF!! :shock:

Course he is not Ivan Milat - stupid comparison - what Martin is though is "in the gun" - and media are just hoping that he farks up and if St Kilda players are involved its would be like that their Xmas's have come all at once!! Caroline Wilson would probably have triplets
dragit wrote: I don't understand how the catalyst of this request was because another 30 year old player set fire to a dwarf… if we are fair dinkum we should have sacked him…

Yes we probably should have but the club relented and warned the players that any further indiscretions would not be tolerated and asked some players to reconsider their holiday plans - at least in the short term - in order to minimise any successive undesirable mental misjudgements
dragit wrote: Was Armo & Chips holiday plans okay before Mad Monday?
That we dont know what we do know is that the dwarf incident lead to the club were being forced to react and they did so by cautioning and advising the players accordingly.
dragit wrote:I heard a few players were asked to change their holiday plans… after a pretty shitty year, it's a pretty big kick in the pants to be asked to not take your planned holiday. No wonder we are hearing reports that the older players don't like Watters…
Yet guys like Curren and Ferguson - if reports are to be believed - are in the gym already - now that's the kind of commitment I like - not saying players should not be allowed to take a break but great to see and unfortunate at the same time that two young guys seem to be setting the standard for a few older guys.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
stevie wrote:I love this time of year when daylight saving ( or 'fake' time as I call it) starts in other states...
Ah Queensland one hundred years and one hour behind.

All because Flo Bjelke Petersen said daylight saving faded the curtains in WW2 :wink:
Are you guys serious? Daylight savings makes a shitload of sense in the southern states and makes very little sense in most of Queensland (and the rest of the north). You both seem to suggest that the place you live has the only "right" way - that's kinda stupid.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

So Clinton Jones sets someone alight which is breaking the law and Fish and Armo get lambasted because of...what?

Is it because CJ talks like a retarded 5-year old that we cut him slack and offer him contract after contract?

And no, don't go down the entire 'he tries hard and plays football route'...so do Fish and Armo

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:So Clinton Jones sets someone alight which is breaking the law and Fish and Armo get lambasted because of...what?

Is it because CJ talks like a retarded 5-year old that we cut him slack and offer him contract after contract?

And no, don't go down the entire 'he tries hard and plays football route'...so do Fish and Armo
The club saw the dwarf clothes burning incident for what it was "a silly stupid prank" - if Flint broke the law then why was he not charged??

As for Fish and Armo getting lamblasted - from reports the whole group got lamblasted and some players were advised that they should "reconsider" changing their plans as to minimise the chances of successive F*** ups and another St Kilda wipe-out media frenzy

Most players with even a tiny amount of maturity and respect for the club would be able to understand the postion the club was coming from - no doubt even Flint Jones

Unfortunately it seems that some players MAY- and please see that I have emboldened the word MAY - have their heads so far up their own backsides along with several mirrors that they are oblivious to what is actually happening around them and tthe cause for concern.

Either that or they don't give a sh1t

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Kickit
Club Player

I heard that Martin has been staying with Mark Williams and Trent Cotchin. Richmond should sack these guys as it is clear they only want to party with Martin.

They are in Bali, which is a great place to sip a few Bintangs. Anything over and above that at Bali and they are all a hell of a lot stupider than we all thought.
I just heard that Tony Abbott is over there though, and I'm worried he might be a bad influence, and also that Katut guy.

DWOODROW
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
What's there to say

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
What's there to say
You could say a lot, but from reading your posts over the years, I suspect you are too sensible, and sensitive to your brothers position to cause any type of issue, especially on a gossip forum like this, where anythign could be blown out of proportion and multiplied ten fold.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
DWOODROW
Club Player

Nothing to say tho mate. He's on holiday and is oblivious to what is being said on this site or what people think might happen while he is on holiday and with who.

No footy = too much time to come up with crazy ideas. Need something to talk about tho otherwise this site wouldn't be what it is. :lol:

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:Nothing to say tho mate. He's on holiday and is oblivious to what is being said on this site or what people think might happen while he is on holiday and with who.

No footy = too much time to come up with crazy ideas. Need something to talk about tho otherwise this site wouldn't be what it is. :lol:
Pretty much.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Nothing to say tho mate. He's on holiday and is oblivious to what is being said on this site or what people think might happen while he is on holiday and with who.

So you are saying he hates Scott Watters and want to reunite with Ross Lyon - well if i was an SEN journo that's what I'd get from that.

DWOODROW
Club Player

gringo wrote:

So you are saying he hates Scott Watters and want to reunite with Ross Lyon - well if i was an SEN journo that's what I'd get from that.
Yes that's correct. Him, Sam and roo are actually heading to freo. You heard it here first

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
gringo wrote:

Yes that's correct. Him, Sam and roo are actually heading to freo. You heard it here first

And I just heard it as "confirmed" breaking news on SEN. :wink: :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think Armo should be kept out of these conversations.
Hasnt set a foot wrong. Club warrior.
He is really an innocent bystander.
I think the issue has been the Fisher-Dusty link.

Kickit
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
gringo wrote:

I've heard you can get cheaper airfare if you go via bali.

Kickit
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think Armo should be kept out of these conversations.
Hasnt set a foot wrong. Club warrior.
He is really an innocent bystander.
I think the issue has been the Fisher-Dusty link.
Given that Richmond are very sensitive to Martin, and his ahem, special needs, wouldn't they be worried about who he hangs out with.
Maybe Richmond consider Fisher to be a relatively good role model.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
DWOODROW wrote: Yes that's correct. Him, Sam and roo are actually heading to freo. You heard it here first
I've heard you can get cheaper airfare if you go via bali.
Yep, Dustin packed them a boogie bag each… says he couldn't carry everything himself.

slider
Club Player

News just in, Armo and Chips are under the table

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:
stevie wrote:I love this time of year when daylight saving ( or 'fake' time as I call it) starts in other states...
Ah Queensland one hundred years and one hour behind.

All because Flo Bjelke Petersen said daylight saving faded the curtains in WW2 :wink:
Are you guys serious? Daylight savings makes a shitload of sense in the southern states and makes very little sense in most of Queensland (and the rest of the north). You both seem to suggest that the place you live has the only "right" way - that's kinda stupid.
I love daylight savings down here in the Deep South and I cannot understand why two states reject it because it is dark in Qld by 530pm even in the height of summer. Meanwhile sun up at 430am which is a total waste of daylight for those who rise at a later time and can't enjoy the longer evenings.

Seriously Flo B-P discussed how the curtains faded due to 'extra' daylight, during Workd War2 . Someone should have told her it was introduced during the war as a way of saving energy which contributed to the "War Effort"

And if you view daylight saving as evil try travelling and living in Alaska at the height of summer, the daylight never fades for three months.

Kickit
Club Player

Hehe technically ( apart from people who get up at unearthly hours ) the curtains would fade less during daylight savings.

With daylight saving , you wake up and open the curtains ( getting them out of the sunlight ) an hour before you otherwise would have.
For those farmers worried about milking the cows.... don't change. Just keep your old time and pretend that only the shops and the television have changed ...the cows sure as hell wont change.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:Hehe technically ( apart from people who get up at unearthly hours ) the curtains would fade less during daylight savings.

With daylight saving , you wake up and open the curtains ( getting them out of the sunlight ) an hour before you otherwise would have.
For those farmers worried about milking the cows.... don't change. Just keep your old time and pretend that only the shops and the television have changed ...the cows sure as hell wont change.
gold kickit
and spot on
Having lived in ds and non-ds States - I just cant understand the numpties against it.
Firstly Australia is the most urbanised nation on the earth with around 90% of people living in cities - so not sure why dairy farmers get a say but anyways - for most of us who work the typical hours - the extra hour daylight after work provides a huge amount of extra utility in life.
It makes all the difference - it can be the difference between a run, a surf, 9 holes of golf, tennis - or whatever u like doing - that hour extra to be outdoors is truly life changing.