Dusty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dusty

So Armo and Chips are hung drawn and quartered on the basis of one pic and a tweet that doesnt even mention them

Some budding SEN reporters here lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

If Fisher and Armo are meeting up with Martin in Bali then they have practically shat on Watter's request to not to go on holiday with him. -

Fair enough it is their call however Watter's request had the club's best interests in mind knowing that if anything bad goes down then the club would definitely be dragged into another media shitfight.

Wouldn't surprise me if some media organisations have actually sent undercover reporters to Bali knowing that Martin is likely to be there. (Assuming he is)

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Pretty much

He says he's going Monday...

Armo tweets a pic of him & fish there now.

They may leave before he arrives.

Still, joined at the hip those two.
If the three are together in Bali, even for a day, then they are clearly not giving any respect to our coach. If thats the case, ship both of them off to GWS, I don't care how good or important they are, everyone needs to be going in the same direction. I remember RL laying down the law when he first got to Freo - different situation but its that sort of 'buy in' from everyone that is required to be successful.

If they don't want to 'buy in', then ship them off, say, Armo and Fish for a pick in the teens and Brucey. Maybe even Armo, Fish & pick for Bruce and 9? Either way, I'm with Scotty, and am sick of the attitudes of some and the culture issues - mind you, if its a storm in a teacup and somehow a freakish coincidence, then I retract my thoughts! :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:If Fisher and Armo are meeting up with Martin in Bali then they have practically shat on Watter's request to not to go on holiday with him. -

Fair enough it is their call however Watter's request had the club's best interests in mind knowing that if anything bad goes down then the club would definitely be dragged into another media shitfight.

Wouldn't surprise me if some media organisations have actually sent undercover reporters to Bali knowing that Martin is likely to be there. (Assuming he is)
Yet Martin has never been caught out doing anything bad or never followed or something similar to what happened with Ben Cousins multiple times. Because that is the way people carry on about Martin as if he has killed Santa and is a Nazi.

If Armo and Fish want to party/hang/chill/whatevs with him then so be it. Just play good football boys and thats it.

Why are people whinging about what our two boys do with another boy that has never been found guilty of anything via the courts or has never even been interviewed...

Makes sense dunnit?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Devilhead wrote:If Fisher and Armo are meeting up with Martin in Bali then they have practically shat on Watter's request to not to go on holiday with him. -

Yet Martin has never been caught out doing anything bad or never followed or something similar to what happened with Ben Cousins multiple times. Because that is the way people carry on about Martin as if he has killed Santa and is a Nazi.

If Armo and Fish want to party/hang/chill/whatevs with him then so be it. Just play good football boys and thats it.

Why are people whinging about what our two boys do with another boy that has never been found guilty of anything via the courts or has never even been interviewed...

Makes sense dunnit?
Fair enough the kid hasn't done anything super bad (good movie btw) but the point of the "whinge"is that the media are currently all over Martin - just waiting for him to slip up -- and if he does slip up it - even a smidgen - it would be absolutely devasting for our club if some of our players were involved

You question people whinging now but IF - and that is IF - something happens then the Saints get dragged through the mud once again and the whinging will go stratospheric.

That said they are adults and they can do want they want in their spare time but common sense says steer clear of Martin for the time being - just in case - at least for the sake of the club which cannot afford another scandal.

Makes sense dunnit?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

The issue wouldn't be hanging out with Martin, the issue would be being asked not to hang out with Martin by senior figures at the club and doing it anyway. Lots of speculation in my comment, but that would be where my issue would lie if it were the case

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:The issue wouldn't be hanging out with Martin,
The senior figures at the club think its an issue.

Ignoring the club's advice only compounds this issue further.

If they do meet up I wonder if they will be bold or stupid enough to tweet or upload photos confirming as much

Because if they do then the media are likely to latch on to it and once again the headlines will be "St Kilda in turmoil - Saints players flip the club the bird"

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
St Ick wrote:The issue wouldn't be hanging out with Martin,
The senior figures at the club think its an issue.

Ignoring the club's advice only compounds this issue further.

If they do meet up I wonder if they will be bold or stupid enough to tweet or upload photos confirming as much

Because if they do then the media are likely to latch on to it and once again the headlines will be "St Kilda in turmoil - Saints players flip the club the bird"
Maybe Watters didn't even ask them not to see Martin...?

Not everything reported is accurate.

Saints43
Club Player

Why doesn't Martin holiday with some of the 40 other blokes from Richmond?

DWOODROW
Club Player

Oh dear

:roll:

slider
Club Player

Armo and Chips on the draft table

DWOODROW
Club Player

slider wrote:Armo and Chips on the draft table

This

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Maybe Watters didn't even ask them not to see Martin...?

So did he or didn't he??

What do you think went down??

Here is Caroline Wilson's considered take on it

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2tqd0.html

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
dragit wrote: Maybe Watters didn't even ask them not to see Martin...?

So did he or didn't he??

What do you think went down??

Here is Caroline Wilson's considered take on it

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2tqd0.html

I can assure you he did and did it in front of the whole group.

slider
Club Player

Armo and Chips available for trade

DWOODROW
Club Player

slider wrote:Armo and Chips available for trade
Everyone's available for trade arnt they

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Watters is an idiot if he thinks its okay to tell people who they can holiday with...

Trade or sack people that do the wrong thing... banning people from their holidays is ridiculous & against the law.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

If the trip to Bali with their "mate" is so important to them despite the coaches advice, trade them out ASAP
Let the whole group know that the tail does not wag the dog!
Maybe Richmond will want them and they can be the new "3 amigos"
Don't let the door hit you on the way out guys.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:

True but you would hope we wouldnt be looking at trading Armo. he is in the exact age group we need to keep.

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

True but you would hope we wouldnt be looking at trading Armo. he is in the exact age group we need to keep.
Apparently

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Watters is an idiot if he thinks its okay to tell people who they can holiday with...

Trade or sack people that do the wrong thing... banning people from their holidays is ridiculous & against the law.
I dont think they were banned.
He just called them on it and challenged their world view - which he has some right to do seeing our club pays these guys 500k per year to play for us - something Sam hasnt done real well in the last 2 years.

You see a 31yo white kid from regional sth australia playing 'gangster from the hood' you call them on it.
Heaps of people go through that phase of life - but most are out of it by 23.

On the other hand - you may be right- maybe hed be better just sacking or trading him rather than getting in some childish parent/child spat.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

stevie wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Is the title of this thread how most feel Sunday mornings because its suit me today especially losing an hours sleep.
I love this time of year when daylight saving ( or 'fake' time as I call it) starts in other states, and all the whingers up here start, well, whinging! f*****' hilarious.

The ironic thing is most are ex pat. Vic's. They don't realise it is ok down there but not up here. And they have never experienced what it's like in a hotter climate - totally unnecessary.

It's all good and I love reading their whinges
Ah Queensland one hundred years and one hour behind.

All because Flo Bjelke Petersen said daylight saving faded the curtains in WW2 :wink:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

[quote="DWOODROW"]

Is he looking at leaving?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Watters is an idiot if he thinks its okay to tell people who they can holiday with...

Given the Saints recent off field discretions surely it makes sense to do whatever you can to look after the clubs best interests.

Asking a couple of players to "reconsider" their holiday plans so the club may avoid further media scrutiny makes sense does it not?

IF something does happen then we would all be aghast that the club hadn't taken at least some steps to try to avoid any further damaging situations and protect its already tattered identity.

What I'm surprised you dont realise dragit is that the club can't wait for players to do the "wrong thing" - we can't afford them to do the "wrong thing" - and given the intense media scrutiny around Martin and his perceived "badboy" image any minute indiscretions will be reported by the media and if it involves St Kilda players then we are farked once again.

The St Kilda brand has been through the rinser - to the point where we are struggling for sponsors - we are struggling for members - we don't need anymore s*** going down.

IMO - given where we are at the moment - the club was right to ask Fisher and Armo to reconsider their holiday plans however they don't have to listen to the club and they should be able to go on holiday where they want and with whom they want - but if they are found to have ignored the club's advice and are meeting up with Martin in Bali then they have no right to bitch when the club decides to move them on - that's if any clubs want them!!

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I agree with Watters and the club on this one - player behaviour has cost the club considerably over the years. If they have gone to Bali with Martin against recommendations then neither deserve to remain at the club and both should be traded!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!