Bad Luck Sainters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bad Luck Sainters

4 points in it. Just the flip of the coin. No way that McKenzie should have kicked the last goal. That was a mistake.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bad Luck Sainters

Effort and intensity was fierce all night, that's what I want to see....

Hughjarce
Club Player

I was at the game and we dominated in patches but couldn't translate it on the scoreboard. Was very happy with the effort overall and the progress of our youngsters!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
oh when the
Club Player

i thought we had the ball on our forward line for 90% of
the 2nd qtr for 2 goals return - no scoreboard pressure
this is when we lost the game.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Stay competitive for the remainder of the year, get loads of games into the kids, win 3 or 4 more games but finish bottom 4 - swoop in and pick up a few young guns as well as a trade for a few major holes - couldn't think of a better result to be honest.

Look again it's the Flash!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:Stay competitive for the remainder of the year, get loads of games into the kids, win 3 or 4 more games but finish bottom 4 - swoop in and pick up a few young guns as well as a trade for a few major holes - couldn't think of a better result to be honest.
+ 1

Actually + 1000 exactly what needs to happen

#1 Ryder fan
southernsaint
Club Player

+1

the minor pain of this year is going to save us alot of pain in the future. Im thinking a quick rebound from the bottom and back to finals in a year or two. Happy with the coach

and happy with the recruiting of the club.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

As long as the effort is there, we can take the close losses. Each tight game adds enormous experience to the younger guys.
Last night I was sitting close to the interchange and could clearly see that they were completely stuffed when they came off - giving their all. They learn a lot about what it takes to win. Another pre-season will make a big difference.

Watts the Buzz
Club Player

The result was really irrelevant as finals are not on the agenda this year......yay let's plan that September holiday! I thought the Mighty Sainters were fantastic yesterday and I was really proud of them - the younger guys show plenty to suggest that it's not going to be that long before we're up there challenging again and the veterans also showed a bit of spirit - Dal, Milne, Joey etc were all good.

We've been up for the best part of a decade, we're obviously going to drift back a bit while we're rebuilding.......as long as we keep playing the kids, regardless of the result, that's the main thing....let's just get as many games into these guys as we can....we'll have some decent draft picks at year end so we can address our deficiencies then.....the future looks bright!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Was really angry and disappointed last night. Woke up this morning, with a headache, and looking at the result with a clearer head and am quite happy. If we can play with that intensity whilst getting games into our kids, we are on the right track. I'm looking at losing as an added bonus. Although it hurts briefly, the closer to higher draft picks we will receive.

Spot on brother. No pain no gain. We are not a bottom 3 side. Fixturing, key injuries and poor pre-seasons to a few important players have lead to where we find ourselves. It just happens some years collingwoods had a similar story and will only make up the numbers if they do make finals. The bonus is this year for us is low draft picks and games into our good young players. Over all very happy

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

All good posts, can't quote them all but in general. Stay fierce at the contest and get games into the kids that deserve it to sort out who's who. Stay in the game even if we're not getting the 4 points. Use low pick wisely in the draft and look to bring in a free agent or some kind of trade for a midfield gun and rebound.
I think when that intensity is there and the skills are on we have a decent game plan so it's just about building a tank in the kids and let Pelchen do his thing at the end of the year.

Fortius Quo Fidelius