Definitive preview: StKilda v NMFC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Club Player

Definitive preview: StKilda v NMFC

On the NMFC official site a very interesting match preview complete with all sorts of stats. Someone has too much time on their hands

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Definitive preview: StKilda v NMFC

It's a huge game for them.

If they trash us, they could get on a roll and set themselves up for 8th spot and another trouncing in the first week of finals!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I just don't like the fact that we are down with the dregs on the bottom of ladder- it is not acceptable for a team who played in finals a couple of years ago. We bloody well need to play to win today, and none of this insipid fade out in the second half.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I just don't like the fact that we are down with the dregs on the bottom of ladder- it is not acceptable for a team who played in finals a couple of years ago. We bloody well need to play to win today, and none of this insipid fade out in the second half.
I agrees s now we are a game behind the bullfrogs , but with so many kids in the team you can expect those fade outs to continue this year, and as usual we are playing a team that's had a drama or pasting in the media this week so will be fired up for us

I love this club
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If we get within 4 goals ill be pleased.

God I remember last year we played a shocker against them.
Pretty much ended our finals hopes and made me face reality we were a spent force. Our clanger count was massive.

Like most weeks - if we are competitive and we tackle hard and the youngsters show improvement Ill be happy.

They need this win desperately and if Roo doesnt play for us we probably cant win.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

A good effort is the baseline requirement. Minimum clangers going forward would be great, as soft turnovers put our defence under enormous pressure - North run very hard on turn-overs.

At Etihad, we are still a chance. A win would be great for the boys, but a late fade-out is very possible. It's another game/learning experience under the belt for the younger guys.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:A good effort is the baseline requirement. Minimum clangers going forward would be great, as soft turnovers put our defence under enormous pressure - North run very hard on turn-overs.

At Etihad, we are still a chance. A win would be great for the boys, but a late fade-out is very possible. It's another game/learning experience under the belt for the younger guys.
It might come down to who out fades the best, if they out fade us then we will win. They have been pretty good at fading out to

I love this club
karnaby
Club Player

Actually after looking thru it I reckon it's quite a reasonable summary:
http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-05-30/ ... w-st-kilda

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Buckets
SS Life Member

spert wrote:I just don't like the fact that we are down with the dregs on the bottom of ladder- it is not acceptable for a team who played in finals a couple of years ago. We bloody well need to play to win today, and none of this insipid fade out in the second half.

Why is it unacceptable? You look at the teams currently in the Top 8 and all bar Geelong have spent a year or more at the tail end of the ladder. It's the way the comp is set up in terms of equalization. We have won 10 or more games each season since 2003 and that was after spending 3 years at the bottom. Swings and roundabouts. Our turn to be down its now up to the coaches and recruiters to make sure that we jump back up, sooner rather than later.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

we need the break. like a lot of teams with a fair share of youth we a running out of legs in every game now. Expect us to fade away again. Ideally we'd rotate our younger players more but longer term we'll benefit.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

there is a feeling around the club that we will win today.

for mine i think north have been very unlucky. they have lost a number of games by 5 points or less. the difference would mean being in the top 4. that said it takes character, quality and confidence to get home in those tight ones....so i think i overrated their chances at the start of the season where i had them as a lock for the 8.

with all this in mind i think it will be a close first half and then the roos will smash in the 2nd. even when we were good they were a bunny side for us. i think it could get ugly tonight

#1 Ryder fan
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

What we need is to win some contested footy !

Teams know , all you have to do to the saints is man up and they'll turn it over .

In red white and black from 73
stevie
Saintsational Legend

That reviewer has drawn some long bows about their close losses, citing teams in the past losing a few close ones then winning flags two years later or some guff.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:

Why is it unacceptable? You look at the teams currently in the Top 8 and all bar Geelong have spent a year or more at the tail end of the ladder. It's the way the comp is set up in terms of equalization. We have won 10 or more games each season since 2003 and that was after spending 3 years at the bottom. Swings and roundabouts. Our turn to be down its now up to the coaches and recruiters to make sure that we jump back up, sooner rather than later.
To drop away a little is understandable, but to fall over the edge and go into free-fall is not and just because some others have done it, doesn't mean we have to, and the club hierarchy should have made sure the fall away wasn't as bad as this. Let's not start being like the Saints of the '80s where failure was accepted in the hope of something good on the horizon, as it is not a good blooding for young inexperienced players to be playing in a losing environment.