Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StThomo
Club Player

Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

This new site is going to take a bit of getting used to. Hopefully all my old "mates" are around and we can pick up where we left off. Now that I have relinquished ALL of my media duties - thankfully - engaging with other (like) footy nuts on here and Twitter (@Thomo_Grant) will be great.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

Welcome back. Footy Calcified, however scripted, will be the poorer for the lack of a member that isn't simply beholden to towing Dimwits's AFL corporate line.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

StThomo wrote:This new site is going to take a bit of getting used to. Hopefully all my old "mates" are around and we can pick up where we left off. Now that I have relinquished ALL of my media duties - thankfully - engaging with other (like) footy nuts on here and Twitter (@Thomo_Grant) will be great.
i'm going to miss you on tellie.....who is going to stick it to caro now..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
StThomo
Club Player

Hi Stinger! Long time no hear. Hope you are well. Youve done very well to stay on the site this long. How are your old sparring partners? Not going to miss the media at all. Im just completely over it along with all the associated crap. Dont underestimate Caro - she is smarter than most footy analysts.

StThomo
Club Player

Cheers TB. I think Andy's in for a rough year. The skeletons are starting to come home to roost. Its not if but when.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

StThomo wrote:Hi Stinger! Long time no hear. Hope you are well. Youve done very well to stay on the site this long. How are your old sparring partners? Not going to miss the media at all. Im just completely over it along with all the associated crap. Dont underestimate Caro - she is smarter than most footy analysts.
The problem I think most have with Caro though, is that intellect is rarely, if ever, directed at on-field issues. She has taken increasingly, in fact almost exclusively, to immersing herself in off-field politics and gossip column style non-issues......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
StThomo
Club Player

I disagree. There are enough monkeys reporting on the game. Its analysed to within an inch of its life. The real issues are off-field, which dictate the games direction. FIXturing, equalisation and other strategic decisions are critical factors that warrant being raised.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How's the diet going Thomo? Does Saad still live in your garage?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

StThomo wrote: Im just completely over it along with all the associated crap. Dont underestimate Caro - she is smarter than most footy analysts.
I dont understand how the likes of Caro, Robbo, and her ilk back up year in year out. AFL is such a provincial fishbowl and echo chamber, no wonder you are over it.

Follow you on twitter and enjoy your take on football. You said too many things that were too close to the truth for the AFL politburo and they made sure your comments were censored enough for them not to be made widely known. SEN were disgraceful in their behaviour but we all understand the pressure that Chairman Demetriou and his lackeys put on them to silence you.

Nice to see you back and able to say what you like (without defamation :lol: ).

Didn't agree with you on lots of stuff re football but hey, I'm sure you dont give a stuff.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thommo - do you think we can get Moorabbin back as our base again?

That's a huge key to any future for our club IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

StThomo wrote:This new site is going to take a bit of getting used to. Hopefully all my old "mates" are around and we can pick up where we left off. Now that I have relinquished ALL of my media duties - thankfully - engaging with other (like) footy nuts on here and Twitter (@Thomo_Grant) will be great.
Think you were gone before I started.

Anyways, welcome back :)

StThomo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:How's the diet going Thomo? Does Saad still live in your garage?
Out the window. About ready to have another shedding! Saady has moved out. He is a great young man.

StThomo
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
StThomo wrote: Im just completely over it along with all the associated crap. Dont underestimate Caro - she is smarter than most footy analysts.
I dont understand how the likes of Caro, Robbo, and her ilk back up year in year out. AFL is such a provincial fishbowl and echo chamber, no wonder you are over it.

Follow you on twitter and enjoy your take on football. You said too many things that were too close to the truth for the AFL politburo and they made sure your comments were censored enough for them not to be made widely known. SEN were disgraceful in their behaviour but we all understand the pressure that Chairman Demetriou and his lackeys put on them to silence you.

Nice to see you back and able to say what you like (without defamation :lol: ).

Didn't agree with you on lots of stuff re football but hey, I'm sure you dont give a stuff.
Nice summary..... and youre right :lol:

StThomo
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Thommo - do you think we can get Moorabbin back as our base again?

That's a huge key to any future for our club IMO.
One of the more terrible decisions. Hopefully they can do something groundbreaking at Moorabbin.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

StThomo wrote:Hi Stinger! Long time no hear. Hope you are well. Youve done very well to stay on the site this long. How are your old sparring partners? Not going to miss the media at all. Im just completely over it along with all the associated crap. Dont underestimate Caro - she is smarter than most footy analysts.

i'm well mate.....steering clear of those punters you mentioned...does wonders for my general well being....yep...i grudgingly admit that caro is pretty switched on...but she still peddles crap at times...imho, that is...how do you think the saints will go this year???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
StThomo
Club Player

stinger wrote:

i'm well mate.....steering clear of those punters you mentioned...does wonders for my general well being....yep...i grudgingly admit that caro is pretty switched on...but she still peddles crap at times...imho, that is...how do you think the saints will go this year???
I have concerns. No real substance to them just a feeling the fire may not be in the belly like it was with the older experienced guys. They absolutely need them to lock and load like they have never done before to improve their position from last year. A big ask after such a long enduring campaign. Doable but will require some very special leadership and coaching.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

is Watters our Matty Knights?
i.e preparing and up skilling a list for some Lyon-like "messiah" to take over the reins and reap the benefits?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:is Watters our Matty Knights?
Hopefully he's our White Knight 8-)

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

had a few of those over the years, but our self destruct tendencies kicked in before completing the deal.
EG Sheldon, Alves, Thomas.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Welcome Back GT. I hope this visit ISN'T a one off !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:had a few of those over the years, but our self destruct tendencies kicked in before completing the deal.
EG Sheldon, Alves, Thomas.
Those Knights didn't self destruct; simply flesh wounds :P

paddy
Club Player

Really impressed that you're on here Thomo...

It demonstrates your genuine saints passion

8-)

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Why don't you post a photo of yourself with today's newspaper just to rule out any fraudulence. :)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

up there for danc'n.
... i like it dragit.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:is Watters our Matty Knights?
i.e preparing and up skilling a list for some Lyon-like "messiah" to take over the reins and reap the benefits?
Hird hasn't shown anything to suggest he's any improvement on Knights, let alone a finishing coach of Lyons ability (not that I'm unhappy to see Watters at the helm over Lyon, but clearly he has coaching talent)...

Lets see the Watters style this year with a fair amount of time now under his belt before we make any judgements..