Big Footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

Big Footy

I'm probably asking for trouble here, but I wanted to know your opinion on Big Footy Saints forum.

I hadn't checked it out before but I came across it recently and it seems to be have the same types of discussion about football, but without all the pitiful sniping that is commonplace here. In fact one poster there recently slagged off Saintsational as a place for posters who want to get nasty. It seems to actually be moderated there, which is one key difference.

I was interested to know what Saintsational veterans thought of the Big Footy forum and if/why you prefer Saintsational. I notice that a few of you have your toes dipped in both ponds, and that is my intention too. But why do people prefer this forum?

Not trolling, just asking.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Big Footy

I just join in saints discussion that interests me, it doesn't bother me with who or where...bigfooty, SS, truesainters...all have passionate supporters.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IMHO, whilst BigFooty have many good posters (by far the mojority of posters) they have their fair share of 'bad' ones as well.
There is also a small group who seem to have a 'superiority complex' about their role in the St Kilda Fan Forum world and take any opportunity to 'bag' other Saints forums (like this one).
They were especially vocal when this site had technical problems and quite a number of saintsational regulars joined up on BF to get their 'fix' of Saints discussion. I must admit that I've not visited there for quite some time though, and it may have changed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:IMHO, whilst BigFooty have many good posters (by far the mojority of posters) they have their fair share of 'bad' ones as well.
There is also a small group who seem to have a 'superiority complex' about their role in the St Kilda Fan Forum world and take any opportunity to 'bag' other Saints forums (like this one).
They were especially vocal when this site had technical problems and quite a number of saintsational regulars joined up on BF to get their 'fix' of Saints discussion. I must admit that I've not visited there for quite some time though, and it may have changed.

You havent visited here much lately either. Whats the story? There are still great posters like me on here.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

FFS

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:FFS

Do you have any sense of humour at all? I suppose it is hard to when you arent usede to engaging in conversations with proper friends.

howlinwolf
Club Player

I think he's trying to be funny BigMart :-)

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Bigfooty is a very funny place! Always good on a night time

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
|Andy|
Club Player

I used to go on Big Footy all the time. The reason I got sick of it wasn't the St Kilda supporter, but rather it was all the other supporters who would come into the St Kilda forum and bait/troll everyone. Happens all the time, but luckily that forum is much better moderated than some other forums I go on.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

There is a bit of friction over there at the moment, including a thread about posters being nasty. Very touchy. They don't seem to like newer posters. I find it amusing.

Do you call people on here friends....

Because at 16 hours a day it must be hard to find time for all of your great mates....

I would suggest I have more mates from school, 8 years in the forces, 4 at uni, 12 in education and 25 in cricket and footy than you have in your dungeon posting away on SS

Ever had a premiership team mate??

Ever actually achieved anything...... That haven't ended in failure?!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Do you call people on here friends....

Because at 16 hours a day it must be hard to find time for all of your great mates....

I would suggest I have more mates from school, 8 years in the forces, 4 at uni, 12 in education and 25 in cricket and footy than you have in your dungeon posting away on SS

Cool story bro! Tell another.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Another lie. 16 hours on here. Lie. 12 at the most. No friends on here. Actually only met 2 that I know of andd that was a quarter offooty at Sandy. They seemed like good guys. Im glad you told us what you have done. No idea what it proves though. I just go by how arrogantly you post on here that suggests you would struggle for friends. Ever had a primership team mate? Yes. I have acheived plenty. No idea why you would ask that. I have acheived a great life, great friends and a great family. And a sense of humour. Again no idea about you having a great life or family but your posting on here would suggest the friends and the and the sense of humopur avaded you.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Classic thread.

|Andy|
Club Player

Probably reinforces why the OP asked the question to begin with.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Our plugger's better than their plugger!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I thought this thread was about BigFooty, not BigMart.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
philtee
Club Player

Prefer Saintsational because it is more gritty. Not worried about the "nasty" posters because
the bitch-fights are guaranteed to be amusing (see above), they keep the trolls down,
and at the end of the day these are only words floating around in cyberspace...

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:I'm probably asking for trouble here, but I wanted to know your opinion on Big Footy Saints forum.

I hadn't checked it out before but I came across it recently and it seems to be have the same types of discussion about football, but without all the pitiful sniping that is commonplace here. In fact one poster there recently slagged off Saintsational as a place for posters who want to get nasty. It seems to actually be moderated there, which is one key difference.

I was interested to know what Saintsational veterans thought of the Big Footy forum and if/why you prefer Saintsational. I notice that a few of you have your toes dipped in both ponds, and that is my intention too. But why do people prefer this forum?

I prefer the sniping...that's why i post here

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I have always enjoyed the fact that someone will make a statement about something and within two pages its been hi-jacked by posters slagging off at each other .

I believe it's called freedom of speech !

If people don't like what i say , they can tell me to get stuffed .

Obviously there wrong , but I respect there right to do so !

In red white and black from 73
fingers
Saintsational Legend

I think we know each other a little better here...smaller community. Familiarity breeds contempt.

I like the odd bit of sniping on here.

evo
Club Player

As SS, there are some good posters on bigfooty like BrianSpeaking but also a large percentage of kid and idiots unlike the well informed people on this board..........

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I always got the impression that despite some knowledgable forumites, the Saints forum on BF generally doesn't have the same level of movement that this forum does. Seems quiet and slow.

Still no plugger and no Clarky is awfully appealing

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Austinnn wrote:I'm probably asking for trouble here, but I wanted to know your opinion on Big Footy Saints forum.

I prefer the sniping...that's why i post here
I was totally wrong about you... :roll:

:D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:Classic thread.
Classic in the way that this thread has gone the way of most others.......
Last edited by Verdun66 on Thu 08 Nov 2012 4:35am, edited 1 time in total.