2013 Social Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

2013 Social Club

We received our 2013 membership letters yesterday and they have changed members categories again in relation to Social Club.

I am a category 1 member and my partner is deemed category 2.

The reason being is that I have a reserved seat and she doesn't.

The effect is that category 1 members are issued Grand Final Tickets first. Therefore means we cannot sit together unless I opt out of category 1 and join category 2.

:?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2013 Social Club

Couldn't your partner get a reserved seat?

Probably all academic anyway...Can't see us making the GF next season.

mcadam05
Club Player

I have become a "Ultimate Member" don't know what that means but it sounds good ;)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yet to receive the letter. I'm also a SC member that doesn't have a reserved seat. This stinks!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
noddy04
Club Player

We got our letters today as well. Said we were Catergory 2 members. We are Social club members with the 11 game thingy but NO RESERVED SEATS because we live Interstate. What a load of s hit if we are penalised should we make a GF because I have not got a Reserved seat. We have been Social club and 11 game members for 17 years and seem to be getting shafted more and more every year.. I have only just read the letter and came in here so it is too late to ring the club but there will be a call placed tomorrow with my grievance(s)

saintkellerm
Club Player

I got my letter yesterday and was a bit peeved that I am classified as Category 2 and have been a SC member for 10 years now. I completed a survey after I got the letter, so I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't add this to my peevs, as I am still bugging about the foundation members and then the SC seating has gone on Level 1. I was going to change my membership to have a reserved seat this year....so will see what happens. I think that if you have been a member for consecutive years you should get first priority for GF tickets ie. Gold (1st), Silver (2nd), Bronze (3rd) which I think is fair...anyway I know that is probably hard because i might buy my GF tickets with someone who may have been a SC member for a short time.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Well I have mine, social club, reserved seat rollover and classified Premium with Priority 2 grand final access? Im a foundation sc as well?

Suggests that its not the seat that matters

Before Im 85
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Well I have mine, social club, reserved seat rollover and classified Premium with Priority 2 grand final access? Im a foundation sc as well?

Suggests that its not the seat that matters
That's very strange.

Perhaps there is some sort of nepotism going on? :?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Kate
Club Player

mcadam05 wrote:I have become a "Ultimate Member" don't know what that means but it sounds good ;)
Have also scored "Ultimate Member" status. Would love to know what that means.

Spud02
Club Player

noddy04 wrote:We got our letters today as well. Said we were Catergory 2 members. We are Social club members with the 11 game thingy but NO RESERVED SEATS because we live Interstate. What a load of s hit if we are penalised should we make a GF because I have not got a Reserved seat. We have been Social club and 11 game members for 17 years and seem to be getting shafted more and more every year.. I have only just read the letter and came in here so it is too late to ring the club but there will be a call placed tomorrow with my grievance(s)
I'm in the same boat noddy - interstate so no reserved seat. I'm pretty pi$$ed off that this means I get second crack at a ticket to GF.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

No clarity of the changes.

Lack of transparency.

Getting people to pay and commit earlier for a product they have failed to describe and outline.

Expected.

Laurie
Club Player

I have been a social club member for 31 years and do not hold a reserved seat ticket and feel that i have also been shafted by now being a priority 2 grand final access member.I am a home and away ticket holder and will certainly make my feelings felt to the membership dept tomorrow.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So we are all shafted once again.

Once again our membership department makes changes...and does even have the courtesy to explain the changes in advance..or even at the time!!!!!!!!!

You get your renewal in the mail with a new classification, and no explanation (incomptence).....but with the implication that your GF access has been downgraded.

Well over 3 decades of being a SC Member, and currently with a reserved seat...but once again the Westaway "Member Last" Board treat us with no respect.

Personally IMO Westaway and Co have not comprehension of what being a member is. We are just purely "cash" to he and his ilk.

If are going to make changes...then at least come clean.

It is just arrogance personified to make changes without proper explanation.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote: I am a category 1 member and my partner is deemed category 2.

The reason being is that I have a reserved seat and she doesn't.
No. That cannot be the reason.

My family has 4 SC memberships and 4 reserved seats..and all are labelled Category 2. Two of us have been SC Members for well over 3 decades.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm a social club member, they hold me to ransom over my level 2 reserve seat......plus they void my Grand Final ticket allocation because i'm also an AFL member.

but they don't offer me a discount because i receive less, they don't even deliver me a flag

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
St Lenny
Club Player

35 consecutive years, Diamond Crest Member and Category 2, not happy Jan. What the hell is the Club thinking.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Kate wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:I have become a "Ultimate Member" don't know what that means but it sounds good ;)
Have also scored "Ultimate Member" status. Would love to know what that means.
President's lunch and things like that maybe?

Elementary

Like many above, I have been a social club member for about 20 years. Joined cheersquad at a later time and sit in cheersquad area. Got my renewal and it only has that I am 'Premium cheersquad'. This includes my social club membership but no indication of category 1 or category 2 or ultimate, just premium cheersquad. As with all the people above, no mention of this change before getting my notice of renewal of monthly pay plan. Seems the club can make decisions for us and we just have to accept them.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Im catergory 2, 20yrs member next yr. Im a 7yr social club member with reserved seats. But not social club reserve seats.
Although I can understand why the change was made. I got great seats in 09', and both of 10', but a work college was a foundation member got standing in 09' and nose bleed in 10' when wanting best avail.

The social club gf ticket allocation should be like the membership crest program. Years paid = better access. This would give priority to longer serving social club members.

Not a lucky dip.

if members want to sit together then downgrade to lowest social club holding level.

We are not there enough anyway so I would stand with restricted viewing to witness a live winning stkilda premiership.

saint1974
Club Player

39years consecutive social club membership with a reserved seat in the social club area along with 4 family members 1 x 25years 2x 21year, 1x19yeas all social club and reserved seats in social club all classed categoryv2, WT... Can someone please explain at the moment I am very angry.
Was a foundation member now no recognition all my loyal years even during the tough times see not to count anymore last grand final got standing room tickets when a 1year member got premium seating, please explain!!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Kim Duthie is category 1. Everyone else is category 2.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Lots of love and support,

Saints Membership Department.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
oh when the
Club Player

They have also changed cheer squad membership to include Soc Club membership - they say inline with other clubs - but most other clubs deliver their members premierships. They are screwing our loyalty of following them through all the bad times. They are becoming a business first and club second. As we know a club without members will not stay in business.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Doesnt category 2 get a seat anyway. I am that. Not that it matters as I am an AFL and MCC member so cant use the seat anyway.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

From what I can make out of the renewal letter, it appears I've received a $140 discount on my total cost of membership!
I've been categorized as an 'Ultimate Red, White and Black Member with reserved seat on Lvl 2 and the total cost is $508 compared with my sons who are classified as 'Ultimate Member' with reserved seats on Lvl 2 at a total cost of $648 each.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wtf is this cat 1 and 2 shite???

all i have is "your package is now referred to as a Premium membership"

no mention of cat 1 or 2

we both have Premium Interstate
we didnt see the point staying with 11 gamer and Social club when we were hardly getting to melb except for finals

Prem interstate gets you the grannie ticket
yet theres no mention of cat 1 or 2?

dont they just stick all SC'ers in the hat and pull the numbers out (luck of the draw) for the grannie tickets??

f*** me every year it gets worse somehow
its like each year they try to think of a new way to piss loyal members off
i mean shesh when someones family of four have all been members for nearly 20 years each, show some f****** loyalty back ffs.

same shite every year by the looks

but stop whinging and just buy the new 140 year scarf