We Need You

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We Need You

If you are sitting there in the sidelines of this board, busily reading, clicking refresh in the hope that someone may have just put up some intriguing footy related news or opinion.... for the love of god we need you!

Get off the fence, don't be afraid and post.

Once upon a time this site was full of some great opinion, Wildebeasts roamed equally amongst Lions (not my best work..) and the site was richer for it. Now I click refresh.... and all I get are the same tired opinions, Tugger v Marto pissing contests and incoherent Stinger rumblings. Clarky pining away in the corner for Lyon and Sainter K telling us all here on the SS Titanic that what we are seeing isn't an iceberg but a large, fluffy cloud full of cuddly St Kilda players...

At the annual Saintsational Web Board meeting I attended last night (just me at the minute... membership is slow) I passed a motion that a call to arms for all posting fence sitters was needed. That's you.

By the way if you see:
Jeffdunne (desperate times call for...)
JoffaBurns
Meewhobabblelots
Spelly
Noddy
Krabb
Saintbec05
Big Red
HarvsDesciple

Anyone.....tell them to bring a friend as there is room at the Inn

I do apologies in advance for my little rant...

“Yeah….nah””
noob
Club Player

Re: We Need You

Need to take off the login on every visit we come to this site. Who cares if you get a few trolls.. won't be the end of the world..

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Give me full control of the site, and i promise to bring this site back to the glory days.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
howlinwolf
Club Player

I can see what you mean Teflon.
Personally, I try to only post if I have something worthwhile to say. Maybe I should shoot from the hip more ? :-)
On a side note, at the risk of sounding patronising, I enjoy reading Sainterk's posts :-)

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Hi Teffers, I hear where you are coming from.

I also agree with 'Howlin re Mrs Geary. I'd even go further and say that whilst I don't share every opinion they express (which is doubtless a positive for them), I for one do actually enjoy reading the works of all the posters whom you questioned. (Maybe that means I need therapy?)

Noob's suggestion is also worth a try I reckon. If not successful, it can always be reversed back to the current log-in thing...

Clarky, your offer would no doubt be different and probably exciting, but knowing the multi... uh... faceted and unconventional person that you are (which is all good)... more details first please. :wink:

What do others think???

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Need to take off the login on every visit we come to this site. Who cares if you get a few trolls.. won't be the end of the world..

Agree. This site is not what it once was and needs new blood. The trolls were easy to spot and deal with anyway.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Give me full control of the site, and i promise to bring this site back to the glory days.

You're too busy polishing Lyon's shoes (tongue) to manage the site.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Add rogerwa & firthy to that list.

Noddy is still lurking around !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't it be great if there were past players contributing to this site, maybe even current players but obviosly current players would have to sensor themselves a bit so what would be the point. We should invite Aker to be a member. Not a saints man but he'd contribute some cracking yarns.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Wouldn't it be great if there were past players contributing to this site, maybe even current players but obviosly current players would have to sensor themselves a bit so what would be the point. We should invite Aker to be a member. Not a saints man but he'd contribute some cracking yarns.
Maybe get Kosi on after retirement see if the bagging continues then!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Hi Teffers, I hear where you are coming from.

I also agree with 'Howlin re Mrs Geary. I'd even go further and say that whilst I don't share every opinion they express (which is doubtless a positive for them), I for one do actually enjoy reading the works of all the posters whom you questioned. (Maybe that means I need therapy?)

Noob's suggestion is also worth a try I reckon. If not successful, it can always be reversed back to the current log-in thing...

Clarky, your offer would no doubt be different and probably exciting, but knowing the multi... uh... faceted and unconventional person that you are (which is all good)... more details first please. :wink:

What do others think???
Why do you think i post under another name. So far from the truth it isint funny.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintkellerm
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:I can see what you mean Teflon.
Personally, I try to only post if I have something worthwhile to say. Maybe I should shoot from the hip more ? :-)
As a long time reader but only post once in a while (although might not be worthwhile), I enjoy reading the opinions of various supporters, it makes me laugh, it sometimes makes me mad, sometimes it makes me wanna cry, and sometimes I want to throw my hands up and say r u 4 real, but I try to hold my emotions before I actually type, unlike others, but that's what makes it interesting. I hate when players get bagged at the game, and what makes it worse when it is our supporters, so I try not to go there, but hey I am not perfect either. Don't get me wrong I am just as frustrated as anyone when things go wrong or don't go our way, but it's funny, following the saints back in the 80's we were so happy they won and we really didn't expect to win and now as supporters we expect them to win now and when they don't it's grrrrr.

Anyway looking forward to some more interesting reading from everyone both newbies and the regulars.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

On a side note, at the risk of sounding patronising, I enjoy reading Sainterk's posts :-)
Wolf you should post more - I reckon you make a lot of sense when you speak/type!

“Yeah….nah””
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

On this forum, people used to post their opinions and if you disagreed, you'd counter with your an opinion of your own.

The problem IMO is that we have a small number of very prominent posters that abuse posters and predominantly mock and ridicule the opinions of others without actually contributing anything to the topic themselves. IMO that's why people are posting less - who wants to endure that. Even without posting names, chances are if we took a poll 3-4 people would be heavily represented.

I myself used to rarely get involved in stoushes as I'm only on here to talk all things Saints but after baited and slammed by the same few people again and again often joining a thread only to have a dig... sometimes abusing even when they're agreeing with my view... well it's fair to say that i've certainly dropped my bundle quite a few times. Is it any wonder regular forumites are jumping off the ship

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SP2008, Reincarnated, Zac Attack.

Pure. Quality. Genius.

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

I also felt this way after reading the OP.

Not being in Vic I tend to come on SS to catch up on all the goss and its a great resource for links to news articles (even if I refuse to pay to read the Hun), YouTube clips, team announcements, training updates and sometimes even a bit of trivia.

I've seen posters get shot down over not much at all and that would be something I imagine could affect some ones decision between keeping their opinion to themselves and sharing it.

I also enjoy reading comments from all posters, I don't need to agree with them all but its good to get some one elses point of view on things.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Where is Big Mart?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintkellerm wrote:
As a long time reader but only post once in a while (although might not be worthwhile), I enjoy reading the opinions of various supporters, it makes me laugh, it sometimes makes me mad, sometimes it makes me wanna cry, and sometimes I want to throw my hands up and say r u 4 real, but I try to hold my emotions before I actually type, unlike others, but that's what makes it interesting. I hate when players get bagged at the game, and what makes it worse when it is our supporters, so I try not to go there, but hey I am not perfect either. Don't get me wrong I am just as frustrated as anyone when things go wrong or don't go our way, but it's funny, following the saints back in the 80's we were so happy they won and we really didn't expect to win and now as supporters we expect them to win now and when they don't it's grrrrr.

Anyway looking forward to some more interesting reading from everyone both newbies and the regulars.

Agree Keller -but the reality is now we expect success and I reckon thats probably a good thing. To me, it says we now think we belong in the top echelon and we immediately want back in the top 4.

Must say, I feel (as we battle for 8th spot...) a tad deflated....coming off being that side that people feared playing to now being mid table it is harder to feel that excitement. I can remember getting smacked stupidly in 2001/2 even 3 at times but always then I felt genuine excitement as I watched a young blonde skinny kid lead out from the fwd line thinking......this guys gonna be one of the best CHF's to play.....and hes ours and we are coming!

Cant wait to feel that genuine "We are coming" again...I dont feel it now.

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

AccidentallyTim wrote:Not being in Vic I tend to come on SS to catch up on all the goss and its a great resource for links to news articles (even if I refuse to pay to read the Hun), YouTube clips, team announcements, training updates and sometimes even a bit of trivia.
reminder if you go
Courier mail
Adelaide Now or
Perth now
you can get most of the Hun's content without the paywall

or go to News.com.au and post the headline under search and you will get the story without paywall..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:On this forum, people used to post their opinions and if you disagreed, you'd counter with your an opinion of your own.

The problem IMO is that we have a small number of very prominent posters that abuse posters and predominantly mock and ridicule the opinions of others without actually contributing anything to the topic themselves. IMO that's why people are posting less - who wants to endure that. Even without posting names, chances are if we took a poll 3-4 people would be heavily represented.

I myself used to rarely get involved in stoushes as I'm only on here to talk all things Saints but after baited and slammed by the same few people again and again often joining a thread only to have a dig... sometimes abusing even when they're agreeing with my view... well it's fair to say that i've certainly dropped my bundle quite a few times. Is it any wonder regular forumites are jumping off the ship
I agree Skeptic and its why in the OP the point I make is once upon a time youd hit refresh and get lots of new posts with people's comments.........now the threads hardly move...when they do its Plugger having a shot at Stinger etc etc same old same old.

I just think people would be best served to disagree - state their opinion based on football merit ONLY and move on.It seems a small minority spend more time commenting on someone elses opinion...than getting one of their own.

No doubt it has an impact on the site and its worthwhileness (dont think thats a word btw..)

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

AccidentallyTim wrote:
I also felt this way after reading the OP.

Not being in Vic I tend to come on SS to catch up on all the goss and its a great resource for links to news articles (even if I refuse to pay to read the Hun), YouTube clips, team announcements, training updates and sometimes even a bit of trivia.

I've seen posters get shot down over not much at all and that would be something I imagine could affect some ones decision between keeping their opinion to themselves and sharing it.

I also enjoy reading comments from all posters, I don't need to agree with them all but its good to get some one elses point of view on things.
Really well said. If more had the ability to accept anothers view, state their own then move on this place would improve.

“Yeah….nah””
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
AccidentallyTim wrote:Not being in Vic I tend to come on SS to catch up on all the goss and its a great resource for links to news articles (even if I refuse to pay to read the Hun), YouTube clips, team announcements, training updates and sometimes even a bit of trivia.
reminder if you go
Courier mail
Adelaide Now or
Perth now
you can get most of the Hun's content without the paywall

or go to News.com.au and post the headline under search and you will get the story without paywall..
Cheers SB

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

clarky449 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Clarky, your offer would no doubt be different and probably exciting, but knowing the multi... uh... faceted and unconventional person that you are (which is all good)... more details first please. :wink:
Why do you think i post under another name. So far from the truth it isint funny.
Hi Clarky, since you are so insistant, then I believe you... that's why I wrote multi faceted.

BTW, I don't have a problem with your postings either way, and always read them when they appear. I enjoy the way you never miss a chance to chime in with a Ro$$y defence, and I really admire your cheerful disposition even when some others insult you. :D

Maybe if a few more of our fellow posters could adopt a similar attitude to that, then one of the main themes of this thread would be addressed...? :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
bigred
Saintsational Legend

The forum has a douche bag problem like never before.

If you have been around for a few years then all the douche baggery just gets plain boring.

I blame Grant Thomas, the juice diet and the nail bed.

It all went downhill when he lost all that weight in two days.

Now where is that cheese grater.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
asiu
Saintsational Legend

you're kiddn me.
(this is not at u teffers , but the 'situation')

AS CREATED by piss poor leadership.

oh yea , segway , clarky you're a cabbage ... leadership skills of a prawn swimming in a pavlova.

**** me , when the place was humming ,
laughs 'n exasperations flowed.
... the joint pumped.

then , like the pencil pushers taking over our team that was built on passion ,the goody goodies campaigned long loud and consistently via pm
... followed by the plea 'what of the poor posters to scared to post ???

huh !
timid fence sitters will maintain the fun.

its a joke.

well , **** them ,
supporting footy is a contact sport.

... people dont leave , stop participating for any other reason than ... its boooooooring.

goody goodiess rule ... yay

yawn.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.