More Lyon bashing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felix
Club Player

More Lyon bashing

I was listening to Lyons post match conference Freo vs Richmond , a journo asked him about what the pre season means, he said "WE lost to essonden by 80 points in the nab cup then WE went on to win 20 games straight you work it out "
WE , he's not WE anymore .How dare he say WE, He should have said I or stkilda . He has to let go . Absolute disgrace. :-) :lol:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Re: More Lyon bashing

Okay.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
felix
Club Player

Just a rant

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

and then we lost to essendon !
what was his point?

In red white and black from 73
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Is it accurate, more to the point? if he's referring to the 2009 season (in which we won 19 consecutive home-and-away games), I could be wrong but I think our pre-season went like this: Brisbane, small loss; Bulldogs, win; Richmond, win; Port Adelaide, nine-goal loss.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.i agree. :)

.it's time to let go woss.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Is it accurate, more to the point? if he's referring to the 2009 season (in which we won 19 consecutive home-and-away games), I could be wrong but I think our pre-season went like this: Brisbane, small loss; Bulldogs, win; Richmond, win; Port Adelaide, nine-goal loss.
OP was incorrect. Ross did say Port not Essendon and he did say 2009.

Saintsational Legend

“You should all stop belittling Ross!”

saintly
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:I was listening to Lyons post match conference Freo vs Richmond , a journo asked him about what the pre season means, he said "WE lost to essonden by 80 points in the nab cup then WE went on to win 20 games straight you work it out "
WE , he's not WE anymore .How dare he say WE, He should have said I or stkilda . He has to let go . Absolute disgrace. :-) :lol:

:roll:

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

felix wrote:I was listening to Lyons post match conference Freo vs Richmond , a journo asked him about what the pre season means, he said "WE lost to essonden by 80 points in the nab cup then WE went on to win 20 games straight you work it out "
It took Ro$$y a fair while to start refering to St Kilda as 'we'. Wonder if it will take him a similar amount of time to stop...?

Personally, I quite like it that he is still refering to St Kilda as 'we'. Could be indicative of a deep down gnawing thought that maybe he made a mistake leaving the club that gave him the chance to make his name... :twisted: and now he is having to dress in purple? :oops:

A Freudian slip maybe??? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I just watched the press conference in question and I have no doubt that Ross Lyon has a love of StK.F.C deep in his heart that he will always cherish. He may not entirely regret leaving, he made his decision and he stands by it, but you just know that he's seeing what's going on at St.Kilda now and he's wondering, "what if?" What if he'd "stayed for the long haul," ala Mick Malthouse at Collingwood, and rebuilt this list with the new resources at the club to finally bring home the bacon further down the track? Wouldn't that really be something extremely special?

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video%20% ... fault.aspx

RL put absolutely everything he had into his time at St.Kilda, and he came up so unfairly and so very very unluckily short. Just two very small strokes of luck in two infintismal moments at the death throws of two marathon seasons where he had dragged us to the summit of the mountain, and we'd be sitting here right now with 3 premierships. The way he coached us up into the top four then to the clear standout team and kept us up there was outstanding. He tried his guts out, and you can't put your heart and soul into something for 5 years and achieve so much and not have a soft spot for that place for the rest of your life. IMO.

After his career is over, he should be welcome back to StK.F.C for his solid contribution to it's history.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:After his career is over, he should be welcome back to StK.F.C for his solid contribution to it's history.
Of course he will be, I don't doubt the club is at a place where this is sure to be the case.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If the players and club have moved from all of this then why can't some supporters? It's very very amusing and sad.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:If the players and club have moved from all of this then why can't some supporters? It's very very amusing and sad.
Agree.

Why can't we post Ross stuff in the opposition forum or at least have one merged Lyon thread on the main board? Over the Lyon SPAM.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think he a nice person, I admire him for his strength through some pretty difficult times.

He appears to put family high on his priority list, who can fault that.

I hope one day he elaborates on this shocking thing that caused him to be emotionally out, because until he does, he appears to have muddied up a little what appeared to be strong life principles.

It's a strange position, I almost want him to be justified in leaving, because up until that point I liked the guy. However in being justified, the club must of done something terrible.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote: He tried his guts out, and you can't put your heart and soul into something for 5 years and achieve so much and not have a soft spot for that place for the rest of your life. IMO. After his career is over, he should be welcome back to StK.F.C for his solid contribution to it's history.
Hear hear!! I second the motion...After all; even a prick of a man like Carey was welcomed back to the Kangas

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Despite Lyon's tremendous efforts with us, I can't help but view Lyon as a bit of a twit now. Think he did himself untold damage by leaving St Kilda. He's no doubt a little uneasy at just how easily we've moved on. I hope he has a terrible season.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:Despite Lyon's tremendous efforts with us, I can't help but view Lyon as a bit of a twit now. Think he did himself untold damage by leaving St Kilda. He's no doubt a little uneasy at just how easily we've moved on. I hope he has a terrible season.
He's probably preoccupied with coaching Freamantle and I'd say he doesn't give a stuff just like the Saints.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

He's an opposition coach. Couldn't give a f*** what he says or thinks.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Why is everyone so fascinated with Ross Lyon?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Why is everyone so fascinated with Ross Lyon?

“Agree clarky. At least you and me have moved on”