Ross Lyon on The Couch this Monday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon on The Couch this Monday

Source: Mike Sheehan

I requested that he gives him grief! (got a laugh out that!).

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon on The Couch this Monday

saintspremiers wrote:Source: Mike Sheehan

I requested that he gives him grief! (got a laugh out that!).
Someone will say it so it may as well be me.

Opposition Forum? :P

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I won't lie, I'll be tuning in.

Curious and all that.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Hopefully this will be good for the pure theatrics of it all.

Facts are Ross left. We gone down another direction however both sides had/have damn good positives about them.

Ross will deflect and talk about his ageing talls and how they have nothing coming through and what is slightly above average midfield that really will not contend for the big prize.

Oh wait...

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

We will see a very intelligent man talk. KNows what he is saying. Freo are lucky to have him.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:We will see a very intelligent man talk. KNows what he is saying. Freo are lucky to have him.
And we are luckier he left and have Watters!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Kernal75
Club Player

Have to agree saintspermiers on this one. Lyon is gone and it's about time we all started looking forward rather than back. We've heard it a thousand times before but with any new era comes new opportunity. Bring on 2012!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:Hopefully this will be good for the pure theatrics of it all.

Facts are Ross left. We gone down another direction however both sides had/have damn good positives about them.

Ross will deflect and talk about his ageing talls and how they have nothing coming through and what is slightly above average midfield that really will not contend for the big prize.

Oh wait...
Don't expect theatrics or much querying on why or how it was done.
Roos is his closest friend- closer than those he worked with- he knew he was leaving- even his GOOD friend SOS didn't know that
Healey seems to have a beef with saints at present think Cousins issue there.

and Sheahan just wants a story.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:Hopefully this will be good for the pure theatrics of it all.

Oh wait...
Don't expect theatrics or much querying on why or how it was done.
Roos is his closest friend- closer than those he worked with- he knew he was leaving- even his GOOD friend SOS didn't know that
Healey seems to have a beef with saints at present think Cousins issue there.

and Sheahan just wants a story.
Probably won't say much about the Saints and why he left.

And the stuff he does talk about will be pretty much what we've heard for the last 5 years, albeit with a purple tinge.

Happy enough to tune in but won't slash my wrists if I forget to do so 8-)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Doubt we'll hear any questioning about the following:-
-His inability to woek with Pelchen being installed as a 'buffer' between himself and the Board
-His need for money
-His 'intriguing' way of negotiating with Fremantle
-The 'beggars belief' notion that they only spoke with him after the Elimination Final loss.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:We will see a very intelligent man talk. KNows what he is saying. Freo are lucky to have him.
This.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

\Fair dinkum he was better than Mother Theresa Enstein Jesus and Elvis combined.
Sometimes sacking the board is not enough BEHEAD THEM(after castration) :sarcasm:

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

David Parkin, is that you? :wink:

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

no i reckon he (Lyon) did to some posters on here what he did to development of our list hence their undying adulation!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spare me. The way you guys carry on he is some kind of molecular physicist and just cured cancer for fun.

It will go something like this:

Mike: So Ross, you know I have to ask, Do you have any regrest about the way you left St Kilda.
Ross; No regrets. I mean I might have done a few things differently, but thats all in hindsight. You know we work in a brutal industry and Ive moved on and theyve moved on. You can't look back.

some such drivel.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 18 Feb 2012 7:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

pleasing

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
David Parkin, is that you? :wink:
It's actually a cross between Einstein and Prof. Stephen Hawking.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

clarky449 wrote:...Freo are lucky to have him.
Agreed, but Ro$$y will soon find that he is not lucky to have the Purple Pukers. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't happen often but I wholeheartedly agree with plugger on this one.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Your love affair with Ross the Toss has reached the embarrasing stage. Can his name be mentioned on here without you posting how fantastic he was and how lucky Freo are to have him.

He's gone. He now works or the enemy. Get over it. It sounds like you are related. Either way it's getting boring. Some of us are glad to see the back of him and his unwatchable style of football.

saintspremiers wrote:
And we are luckier he left and have Watters!
How on earth a "Sane" Football Supporter can say that. A man who has never Senior Coached compared to a man who is one of the most intelligent coaches around and turned us into a team that could compete at Grand Finals. Footy Nimbats.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Your love affair with Ross the Toss has reached the embarrasing stage. Can his name be mentioned on here without you posting how fantastic he was and how lucky Freo are to have him.

He's gone. He now works or the enemy. Get over it. It sounds like you are related. Either way it's getting boring. Some of us are glad to see the back of him and his unwatchable style of football.
Im just trying to put sense in Bias supporters who only think Who/What ever is at the Saints is as good as Jesus Christ.

I personally prefer watching winnable football, something Ross developed. Each to their own.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
8856brother wrote:

Im just trying to put sense in Bias supporters who only think Who/What ever is at the Saints is as good as Jesus Christ.

I personally prefer watching winnable football, something Ross developed. Each to their own.
But was that winnable footy going to continue ? The fact is the game plan although great in 09 was less effective in 10 and by 11 was being figured out by those who we were playing finals footy against had we not lost Ross I feel we would be getting more of the same with more teams learning how to beat the Ross Lyon game plan ... In the end I think Ross knew he had got all he could out of our teamand the prospect of reinventing the saints seemed like a task he couldn't do under the situations at our club ... Will we be worse off maybe but in the long term we might be better off with a new coach and new style .. No one knows yet had Ross stayed we may have missed the eight with him gone we may still miss the 8 ?!?! But as it stands now I feel much better about our teams future and direction with this new approach then I did about the whole bubble era ... But maybe that's just me

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon is smart enough to tweak his gameplan, which we saw during last year. We saw the team play on and take the game on alot more. Ross Lyon identified what was needed to change. We lost games because the players werent good enough and may be on the down.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Ross Lyon is smart enough to tweak his gameplan, which we saw during last year. We saw the team play on and take the game on alot more. Ross Lyon identified what was needed to change. We lost games because the players werent good enough and may be on the down.
Thank you for stating the obvious.