Which scenrio hurts more?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Which scenrio hurts more?

What scenario hurts more?

Winning the wooden spoon or losing a grand final by a point with a kick after the siren

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Winning the wooden spoon doesn't hurt at all...infact it's the second best thing next to winning the premiership. All that hope and excitement going into the draft.

2009/10....there is nothing to take out of those three days...nothing but a lifetime of pain

Bring back the Lockett era
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Winning the wooden spoon doesn't hurt at all...infact it's the second best thing next to winning the premiership. All that hope and excitement going into the draft.

2009/10....there is nothing to take out of those three days...nothing but a lifetime of pain
Hurts seeing ur team lose every week though?

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
StNoodles
Club Player

I wouldn't trade the 2009 season for any of our wooden spoon years.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

One hurts and the other means jack s***.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
jonesy wrote:Winning the wooden spoon doesn't hurt at all...infact it's the second best thing next to winning the premiership. All that hope and excitement going into the draft.

Hurts seeing ur team lose every week though?
Quite used to seeing my club lose.....so when we get to grand finals and lose them in time on...it is quite the real life traumatic experience

Bring back the Lockett era
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wooden spoon years are like footy mogodon. Never fully engaged hoping that some excitement will break through the sameness.

4 years hoping Cayden Beetham really is the next Tim Watson.

I wonder f Melbourne think tanking for Scully was worth it?

I'd rather ride the lightning than sit at home watching the walls.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

2009 was like a fantastic euphoric drug, but the comedown was immediate and f...cked me up well and truly.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Wooden Spoon wouldnt hurt if we were in a rebuilding phase.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

There can be no question it's better to have made the big dance and fallen short than finishing last. No doubt whatsoever. Have some pride. Making the GF means you've been winning all year and beaten up on 14 (16) other clubs. I's rather beat up on fourteen other clubs than be beaten up by everyone.

As to whether it "hurts" more, well, yes, losing a GF is a traumatic experience, but the club gets stronger in every GF it makes, and the immediate, suffocating pain and anger of a GF loss is a much better pain than the dull, monotonous, all encompassing pain of being a perennial loser, which contains no anger, only acceptance.

There is no excitement in drafting players, there is only excitement in WINNING. The only indirect link between drafting players and excitement is tthat those players drafted might lead to more WINNING. I honestly cannot possibly fathom how someone would rather finish last and experience LOSING all year rather than experience WINNING all year bar the big one. The club is not about the players, as much as we love them, they are expendable, what is important is the red, black & white colours the players wear, and that the players wearing those coloursa WIN, WIN, and WIN at every oppurtunity, even if it means that losing hurts more when you've been winning lots.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Austinnn
Club Player

hungry for a premiership wrote:There can be no question it's better to have made the big dance and fallen short than finishing last. No doubt whatsoever. Have some pride. Making the GF means you've been winning all year and beaten up on 14 (16) other clubs. I's rather beat up on fourteen other clubs than be beaten up by everyone.

As to whether it "hurts" more, well, yes, losing a GF is a traumatic experience, but the club gets stronger in every GF it makes, and the immediate, suffocating pain and anger of a GF loss is a much better pain than the dull, monotonous, all encompassing pain of being a perennial loser, which contains no anger, only acceptance.

There is no excitement in drafting players, there is only excitement in WINNING. The only indirect link between drafting players and excitement is tthat those players drafted might lead to more WINNING. I honestly cannot possibly fathom how someone would rather finish last and experience LOSING all year rather than experience WINNING all year bar the big one. The club is not about the players, as much as we love them, they are expendable, what is important is the red, black & white colours the players wear, and that the players wearing those coloursa WIN, WIN, and WIN at every oppurtunity, even if it means that losing hurts more when you've been winning lots.
+1 'kin oath.

Years of being laughed at and/or pitied by everyone hurt far more than losing GF 2009.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:One hurts and the other means jack s***.
Do I need to see a doctor :wink: ? I agree 100% with this !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:One hurts and the other means jack s***.
Do I need to see a doctor :wink: ? I agree 100% with this !!
No Doctor required! As p66 is 100% correct!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
ThePunter
Club Player

Winning is better than losing.

goods
Club Player

no one has mentioned the financial gain of playing in a grand final win or loose

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ThePunter wrote:Winning is better than losing.
agreed
but wasnt the question about losing the GF?
that hurts @25 times more than home and aways

Seeya