When do we discuss the elephant in the room?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

When do we discuss the elephant in the room?

Namely:

The susceptability of SS to hacking?

The slow response that causes multiple postings?

The reasons for the frequent outages that SS has?

The fact that SS reappears with no apparent reasons for its disappearance?

Some of us would like to know the answers, to see if we can assist in providing something better.

Like it or not, SS has become important to many of us, its beyond being a plaything for its owner.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Is it a matter of money? would a small donation improve things to help

I love this club
stinger
Saintsational Legend

this might shed some light on that subject for you...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889078

....far be it for me to stick up for plugga but....

...see that we still have a few internet heroes on here that use ss down time to post offensive /derogatory comments on big footy about ss regulars.....same posters who are too cowardly to say the same things on here ...or to your face......happened last time as well....they are actually beneath contempt.... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I noticed that a few were slagging ss on other sites, posters that post here to, so I assume then that as this site is so bad they wont come back here!

I love this club
battye
Saintsational Legend

I'll post something a bit more detailed tonight as this is being posted on my phone. Saintsational wasn't hacked, the webhost suspended the service (wrongfully, the reasons have been posted in that thread linked to above).

Obviously this is the last straw with this provider.

Nobody is more frustrated with this downtime than me. Getting the website back online was outside of my control since the web service was suspended. We were at the mercy of the webhosts incompetence - the redirection to ecospill was a separate issue which they failed to resolve even after the service was unsuspended!

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:I'll post something a bit more detailed tonight as this is being posted on my phone. Saintsational wasn't hacked, the webhost suspended the service (wrongfully, the reasons have been posted in that thread linked to above).

Obviously this is the last straw with this provider.

Nobody is more frustrated with this downtime than me. Getting the website back online was outside of my control since the web service was suspended. We were at the mercy of the webhosts incompetence - the redirection to ecospill was a separate issue which they failed to resolve even after the service was unsuspended!
Appreciate both your continuing efforts Battye, and especially your efforts to get SS back on track.

My view is that SS has become bigger than the small forum of mates it was when I joined, and it has become essential participation for many many Saints supporters.

Should we be looking at a different structure to get more reliability into SS, and thereby using it as a vehicle to support our club more, much like the sponsorship admirably controlled by Mr Magic.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Looks like i am very popular on BF. That was a cracker of a thread. I should have got involved as it seems they would have loved my imput.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Looks like i am very popular on BF. That was a cracker of a thread. I should have got involved as it seems they would have loved my imput.
Are you the elephant? 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Looks like i am very popular on BF. That was a cracker of a thread. I should have got involved as it seems they would have loved my imput.
No my trunk isnt big enough.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Your head is though.

They all love your work over at BF :D
Last edited by joffaboy on Tue 15 Nov 2011 3:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Didn't think you were trying to eat those peanuts...

They walk amongst us...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Your head is though.
Have you met me?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Plugger???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Your head is though.
Have you met me?
yes - see above, you were at our meeting.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Your head is though.
Have you met me?
Yes It has come back to me. You guys were discussing ringing overseas and I said you should make a trunk call.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Your head is though.
Have you met me?
Yes It has come back to me. You guys were discussing ringing overseas and I said you should make a trunk call.
We ignored you though.............

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Your head is though.
Have you met me?
Are you my daughter?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Your head is though.
Have you met me?
Are you my daughter?
Depends if you're African or Indian.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Your head is though.
Have you met me?
Are you my daughter?
No Luke

I AM YOUR FATHER..........

Lance or James??

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Nooooooooooooo!

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

I was more concerned about who rode in on it...

Last edited by HSVKing on Wed 16 Nov 2011 9:40am, edited 1 time in total.

They walk amongst us...

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Sorry forumites... I won't follow the sycophantic chorus.

G.O raised some valid concerns in his O.P. ............. and I'm not thumping my keyboard or even ranting at this point.....

I will calmly say (in the spirit of constructive criticism);

"battye, you are letting the side down.. the continued downtime of SS is pretty shameful, and you constantly blaming external factors is pretty pissweak...
.. You are the admin/owner and the 'dodginess' of the site rests solely with you.....

I was more than happy to make a substantial contribution to the site costs during the last money drive; and I will be more than happy to contribute again..
....My commitment however, will be dependent upon yours....

.. battye, you either need to be more involved in improving this site; or you need to pass the baton on......

...I for one don't want to be involved in the running of this site in any way (unless it was on its knees and there was no other choice.. but we're a long way from that)... I'm happy enough just to chuck a few bucks in as required to keep it afloat.

..but I'd really like to see improvement; and some sort of undertaking from you that this site will be better.

Good luck, best wishes...and you can count on my financial support if I can count on you.

Cheers,
BF"

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:I was more concerned about who rode in on it...

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:P

ripper rita.

re the supposed 'dodgy link' ... people make coin out of hits to a website don't they battye?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:I was more concerned about who rode in on it...

nice skills…!