Fixture

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dazvolt
Club Player

Fixture

Saints to play gws in the 2nd last round of 2012.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yep

SCOTT Watters' stint as St Kilda coach starts with a Sunday twilight match against Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.

Given Melbourne and North Melbourne are expected to at least be vying for a place in the lower part of the top eight, two outings against GWS loom as a huge advantage.

The biggest loser is St Kilda, which plays GWS only once and has to wait until the second last round for a crack at the Giants.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 6175679244

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

thats crap

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Yep

SCOTT Watters' stint as St Kilda coach starts with a Sunday twilight match against Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.

Given Melbourne and North Melbourne are expected to at least be vying for a place in the lower part of the top eight, two outings against GWS loom as a huge advantage.

The biggest loser is St Kilda, which plays GWS only once and has to wait until the second last round for a crack at the Giants.

Last team to play Gold Coast and GWS :x
Even more bulls*** are Adelaide and Melbourne- considered to have the softest runs this year getting GWS twice.
Crows will have played 9 out of a possible 10 against GC, GWS and Port.
Pies not going to Perth is hardly a shock but again shows how disgraceful it all is.
At least we get Port Pathetic first up.
Last edited by dcstkfc on Tue 25 Oct 2011 12:27am, edited 1 time in total.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Well we will get a lot of Sunday twilights this year.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:

Even more bulls*** are Adelaide and Melbourne- considered to have the softest runs this year getting GWS twice.
Pies not going to Perth is hardly a shock but again shows how disgraceful it all is.
Soft run never helped anyone though.

Pies had their toughest run in recent years in 2010.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Take a look at Sydney's season in 2006 and repeat that statement.

And to add to that our tough run this year could have cost us a top 4 spot- switch 2 games against Geelong and Collingwood with 2 against GC and Port and we probably do.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
SainterK wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Take a look at Sydney's season in 2006 and repeat that statement.

And to add to that our tough run this year could have cost us a top 4 spot- switch 2 games against Geelong and Collingwood with 2 against GC and Port and we probably do.
And get knocked out in straight sets. We werent up for it this year.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Well we will get a lot of Sunday twilights this year.
Graveyard shift. Crap timeslot. Lacks lustre.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

So the crows get port twice GWS twice and GC once... That's pretty much five confirmed wins... They should not miss the 8 with a run like that...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood dont go to WA this year. sounds fair

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Sunday twilight first round.

whack whack whack cop that.

Worst slot possible.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

So we are the biggest loser?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Round one we play probably the third worst side. Surely a good start is important especially after our poor start last year. A win can give you confidence. Anyway if we are as good as a few suggest it shouldnt matter. As I dont subscribe to that next year the fixture is rather important. Hopefully a reasonable second round gets us off to a flying start. You can whinge all you like but the fixture is done. Lets just be positive we can start well next season.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Round one we play probably the third worst side. Surely a good start is important especially after our poor start last year.
Yep, I think last year proves how vital a good start is. We lose to Geelong narrowly and it sets the tone for both our seasons.

We need to get off to a flyer this time.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Then the rumour is Fremantle at Etihad in round 2, so not a bad couple of games to start off with i wouldn't have thought, football wise that is, not financially.

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Well we will get a lot of Sunday twilights this year.
Graveyard shift. Crap timeslot. Lacks lustre.
Agree, I hate Sunday Twilight.

Saturday twilight, on the other hand, sounds a lot better!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Sunday twilight first round.

Worst slot possible.
I suspect the Membership Dept will like this even less than you & I !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Worst slot possible.
You'd think after being footy starved for a few months, the fans would get along to our home ground for what will probably be one of the easier opponents in 2012.

Membership department won't like it if Saints lose :wink:

Geelong have to travel west Rd 1, that is worse IMO.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

This thread is living proof that people care far too much about when we play and not enough about who

Surely a Round 1 agasint one of last years easybeats is something to be pleased about?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Worst slot possible.
You'd think after being footy starved for a few months, the fans would get along to our home ground for what will probably be one of the easier opponents in 2012.

Membership department won't like it if Saints lose :wink:

Geelong have to travel west Rd 1, that is worse IMO.

An easy home game at AAMI? I know I won't help sell it out. Not that hungry.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:This thread is living proof that people care far too much about when we play and not enough about who

Surely a Round 1 agasint one of last years easybeats is something to be pleased about?
Yes and no.

Timeslots determine who can or can't go. I like taking my kids, but can't for night games. That impacts a supporters experience etc.

Agree it's good playing a rubbish side in round 1. Would've been better in Melbourne, but still better than playing Geelong or the Filth!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:This thread is living proof that people care far too much about when we play and not enough about who

Yes and no.

Timeslots determine who can or can't go. I like taking my kids, but can't for night games. That impacts a supporters experience etc.

Agree it's good playing a rubbish side in round 1. Would've been better in Melbourne, but still better than playing Geelong or the Filth!
Maybe I am nit-picking but that will now be three away games in round 1 in a row...Last round 1 home game was 2009 v Sydney.
The opponent is pleasing but the venue is not.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Considering we've only beaten Port in Adelaide a couple of times in ten years, I wouldn't be sketching in a win just yet no matter how bad we think Port are at the moment. We seem to have a knack of losing to them like the Bombers…

Any guesses on the number of interstate trips next year - 7?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The round 1 fixture is good. If we don't win that we're not fair dinkum,and it's over there so who cares what time slot it is,how will it being played at 4.40 in Adelaide hurt the membership?

The part of the article that is relevant however is the part where it says Stkilda are next years biggest loser.....people are suprised by this?

Bring back the Lockett era