Time to back the board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Time to back the board

Okay, we've all had our rants and raves about the Coach and the circumstances surrounding his departure, the time has now come to calmly and quietly get on with the task of getting prepared for next season. Time to get behind this board in the task of doing the right thing for the club, instead of initiating witch hunts!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Agree with that jiggs, as we have no choice but to move forward as best we can. However, to be successful in the future, the Club needs to have a good look at its own management, or all the hard work will once again end with a bad result.

In today's Age by Steve Butler & Jesse Hogan : Paul Roos " said he spoke to Lyon at least weekly and considered his position had become untenable, hinting at relationship breakdowns."

Roos again - "I know exactly what's happened at St Kilda and there's no way known he could have continued at St Kilda."

Clearly, there have been "management issues." If these problems at the Club aren't addressed, they will inevitably re-surface again and again, which is something we don't want. Let's not simply put our heads in the sand until this type of thing occurs again.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Agree with that jiggs, as we have no choice but to move forward as best we can. However, to be successful in the future, the Club needs to have a good look at its own management, or all the hard work will once again end with a bad result.

In today's Age by Steve Butler & Jesse Hogan : Paul Roos " said he spoke to Lyon at least weekly and considered his position had become untenable, hinting at relationship breakdowns."

Roos again - "I know exactly what's happened at St Kilda and there's no way known he could have continued at St Kilda."

Clearly, there have been "management issues." If these problems at the Club aren't addressed, they will inevitably re-surface again and again, which is something we don't want. Let's not simply put our heads in the sand until this type of thing occurs again.
Clashing egos, workplace politics, people trying to expand and justify their position... awesome stuff.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Markup commented :
Clashing egos, workplace politics, people trying to expand and justify their position... awesome stuff.
.... and see what damage that can do !! ...........

markp
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Markup commented :
.... and see what damage that can do !! ...........
Yep... it's probably 'funny' how similar workplace politics is from the top of town to the bottom, from boardrooms to lunchrooms!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I worked for 45 years in the printing/publishing industry and during that time saw good and bad traits in the people I worked with. Let's get one thing straight, this nonsense and tripe thats peddled about a "culture" at St Kilda ignores the fact that NO organisation involving humankind can be free of some degree of conflict either of personality or whatever. I'm heartily sick of the media sticking their boots into the board, and we should be sticking up for our own!!! This board are not perfect, but have done terrififc things in stabilising the ship and taking us forward. I think its bad form to be rolling out a "catalogue" of their past errors instead of looking for ways in which we can lend SUPPORT to them and communicate our concerns in a calm and reasonable way.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Agree with that jiggs, as we have no choice but to move forward as best we can. However, to be successful in the future, the Club needs to have a good look at its own management, or all the hard work will once again end with a bad result.

It helps to have mates in the media who comprehend the concept of loyalty. Roos was saying up until last week that nothing had changed and Ross was still committed to St Kilda. You can't believe anything these guys say. Don't get me started on Walls.

Looks like Freo is a perfectly run place. Just ask Mark Harvey. :lol: Ross is going to fit right in. :lol:

So contract negotiations are put on hold by both parties and Ross does a deal behind St Kilda's back? How is St Kilda to blame for that?
Last edited by SaintPav on Tue 20 Sep 2011 11:49am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

You know folks, sometimes, just sometimes, I think "Mr Nice Guy" Roos is just a WEE bit too nice to be true! I wonder if "rocket eade" would like to have him as an assistant again?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to back the board

They're all lying flogs; the lot of them and we're all suckers. :x

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
markp wrote:

It helps to have mates in the media. Roos was saying up until last week that nothing had changed and Ross was still committed to St Kilda. You can't believe anything these guys say. Don't get me started on Walls.

Looks like Freo is a perfectly run place. Just ask Mark Harvey. :lol: Ross is going to fit right in. :lol:

So contract negotiations are put on hold by both parties and Ross does a deal behind St Kilda's back? How is St Kilda to blame for that?
Looks like Ross won't be coaching Freo at all! :shock:

I heard he just got wind of another (as yet unnamed) team which apparently has an even better list than Freo and that club is prepared to match the offer from the WA based club.

Ross will later on today announce that he has exercised the 4 year "get out clause" he negotiated with the Dockers.

Stay tuned everybody :wink:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I worked for 45 years in the printing/publishing industry and during that time saw good and bad traits in the people I worked with. Let's get one thing straight, this nonsense and tripe thats peddled about a "culture" at St Kilda ignores the fact that NO organisation involving humankind can be free of some degree of conflict either of personality or whatever. I'm heartily sick of the media sticking their boots into the board, and we should be sticking up for our own!!! This board are not perfect, but have done terrififc things in stabilising the ship and taking us forward. I think its bad form to be rolling out a "catalogue" of their past errors instead of looking for ways in which we can lend SUPPORT to them and communicate our concerns in a calm and reasonable way.
Exellent stuff as always Jiggster. I was very annoyed at first but once i had a good think about it, about 10 mins after finding out, I was clear that whatever happened that it was not at all the clubs fault. I am sure maistakes were made, but all clubs make mistakes, like the bummers appointing Knights for 4 years and sacking after 2.
Your point about the "StKilda culture " is a good one. That annoys me no end and I think thats lame journos like hutchinson not being good enough to come up with a good story quick enough so they spout crap like that.
Also, I know we have a bit of work to do but I do not see the arse dropping out of the club like some others seem to think. After the initial shock I am now looking foward to the new coach freshning things up a bit.
(ps, any spelling errors are the fault of the computer)

I love this club
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I always permit myself a wee ironic chuckle when someone like Caro points a finger at the "perceived culture" at St Kilda, particularly when it's coming from a "Richmond person" :roll: Here we have a club and board that's had more coaches, directors of football and CEO's than they've had games in finals during this past ten years (a decade that's seen OUR club make progress - albeit not as much as we would have liked)
As St Kilda supporters let's not join in the frenzied attacks on our board! IF we have issues with our board let's do it through the right channels!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Apologist CRAP!

They are incompetent and should be booted immediately!

The club is going down the toilet with these clowns!

Do not say you were not warned!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Apologist CRAP!

We weren't warned. :P

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

We weren't warned. :P
I saw this thread and expected to hear the Jaws music.

Does the 4 in the nick represent the fin? :wink:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I'd love to be life and death situation with you. I bet you would be really calm and collected and that you would hold your nerve.... :roll:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

I'd love to be life and death situation with you. I bet you would be really calm and collected and that you would hold your nerve.... :roll:
Obviously had a bad experience with clowns as a youngster 8-)

bob__71
Club Player

Ah the frootloop has rolled into town again

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

didn't you quit the forum because someone hurt your feelings?

do you ever post about anything other than GT, the board and Seaford? Oh and lets not forget the ruck stats

Thomas
Club Player

Can you tell us also when will the end of the world happen please!
Oh prophet of doom :)

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Thomas wrote:

Can you tell us also when will the end of the world happen please!
Oh prophet of doom :)
Leave him alone, he's just passionate and frustrated, as he should be.

As we all should be. Still no Flag, and now no coach. They deserve at least SOME of the S*** heaped on them.

Any good management team ALWAYS have a plan B.

Unfortunately our board dropped the basket, and now all the eggs are smashed.

LUCKILY for them, they can go back to the market and buy some more.

The end of the world is 21st December 2012. Dont you read the newspapers, history books on ancient civilisations or watch movies.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The move to Seaford will end up being a total disaster!

You lot were warned three years ago!

The current board announced the relocation to Frankston just after being elected, YET chose to not inform anyone about it prior to the vote!

A small matter of relocating the club and they didn't bother mentioning it to members before the vote but announce it two weeks after being elected!

:shock:

And no one has an issue with that?

And now the one thing that could have brought some stability has been monumentally screwed up!

They inherited a brilliant coach who should have been at least a ten year coach for us and have now managed through their incompetence to lose him.

The fallout will be huge!

Free Agency is coming, players will leave, not many star players will want to come because of the location

sponsorships thin on the ground

membership less than 30,000 next year and eventually will struggle for 25,000

we are the next Port Adelaide

it's coming

And ALL of this due to an incompetent and clueless board who have NFI

bob__71
Club Player

But Ross Lyon wasnt playing the kids Barks....you told us....

Ross who?
Club Player

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blake Acres fan club VIP
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!