Walk out the door with dignity?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Walk out the door with dignity?

Hilarious!

To have his management conducting good faith contract extension negoatiations with St Kilda - to who he was contracted - while speaking to another club behind closed doors, and (despite his assertions to the contrary) lying to the players... how could any spin on that involve dignity?

Get your hand off it Lyon, you're a lowlife snake and you and Fremantle are made for each other...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
bozza1980
Club Player

If I wasn't so livid I would have found that funny.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
SaintWodonga
Club Player

After seeing the presser, I have lost even more respect for RL. Arrogant, full of himself, if that is his true colors, the Saints will be better off without him. He took us as far as he could.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

What a bull**** artist.

When's someone going to put a Hitler parody up on YouTube?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:After seeing the presser, I have lost even more respect for RL. Arrogant, full of himself, if that is his true colors, the Saints will be better off without him. He took us as far as he could.
The problem for Freo is that they'll know from the start what RL's views are on loyalty. About looking after one's self. About going to greener pastures etc.

Makes it a bit harder for him to expect any more from his players.

Our blokes only found out after he f...ed off.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:After seeing the presser, I have lost even more respect for RL. Arrogant, full of himself, if that is his true colors, the Saints will be better off without him. He took us as far as he could.
Agreed.

Lyon is a turncoat. Plain and simple. Definitely doesn't live by the "Strength through loyalty" creed of the club (I suppose the aspect of people living to their word in this day and age is gone now-a-days?).

Would a bit of honesty gone astray? Freo would have accepted him with open arms regardless if he was upfront and honest about his intentions - god forbid the Saints might have offered him a more lucrative contract? At least he might have saved a bit of face with Saints supporters outlining his plans. The club has come out with egg on its face thanks to this, thanks to Ross Lyon primarily.

It's like bidding for a house. You never lay your cards 100% out on the table from the start. Anyone would know there is always room for more negotiation.

I'm glad he's f##ked off to be honest.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Lyon is a hard nosed pr!ck but I'm afraid we are a bit of a rabble..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saints43
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:The problem for Freo is that they'll know from the start what RL's views are on loyalty. About looking after one's self. About going to greener pastures etc.

Makes it a bit harder for him to expect any more from his players.

Our blokes only found out after he f...ed off.
Did you see the look on President Steve's face while RL saying that he'd acted with dignity, integrity and had no opinions on loyalty? Gold. I think he's just worked out that it applies to them as well.

I reckon when Ross arrives Monday and says "Good morning" the president will look out the window to make sure.

Nice tie, also.

spert
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Lyon is a hard nosed pr!ck but I'm afraid we are a bit of a rabble..
Dunno, after our press conference this morning, I think the real tosser has left the club and has no premierships as a coach to back himself up in his arrogant grab for power and fortune. This definately paves the way for Fev as captain/ coach next year. :D

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Well Fremantle can now enjoy having hacky players drafted who play the 'role'

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

When he tried to justify his end of an era comments and said 'if you can't win a final at your home ground v an interstate team after reaching the heights'

Well I was staggered.

When by his own admission he didn't coach well that night, made errors at the selection table....

4th September 2011, the day Freo's season was finished, and Ross mind (I won't say heart, because I'm not convinced it's something he utilises in regards to football) was elsewhere.

Surely nobody bought the 'we were talking about 2013 when we were amazed to discover Ross had an out clause and within a few hours 2012 became the discussion' crap if you want, I'm personally not going to.

Least that dude on the left of Ross could blush.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:When he tried to justify his end of an era comments and said 'if you can't win a final at your home ground v an interstate team after reaching the heights'

Well I was staggered.

When by his own admission he didn't coach well that night, made errors at the selection table....
Yes, pretty mind-blowing. He can stitch up a 7.5mil contract in seven seconds flat, but it takes him 2 quarters to put Dempster on O'Keefe.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

coaches box - swans v saints:
harvey - ah ross, o'keefe is kind of killing us out there.
ross - hmmm?
harvey - o'keefe - should we put sean on him?
ross - what?..sorry, my mind was elsewhere...do whatever, don't we have a system in place?
kingsley - ah ross, call on your mobile. from some rosich fellow. says it needs to be done by mid- sep, whatever that means.
ross - s***...
harvey - ross, o'keefe? shall we put sean on him?
ross - aah...no!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bozza1980
Club Player

I felt the same, not sure if that's my biased eyes or not though.

Definitely looked like he wanted to believe that "he walked out with his head held high" but not quite there yet.

Petty word game claims of never using the word "loyalty" with players, whilst having a manifesto claiming it and integrity above all else.

Surely it would have been an easier sell trying to claim his deceit to St Kilda was in deference to Mark Harvey rather than to put on his best Bill Clinton and deny, deny, deny.

It is hard to believe, but I think he has come out of the press conference with his reputation further damaged.

That said, it is nothing that winning games of football won't fix.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:coaches box - swans v saints:
ross - hmmm?
ross - what?..sorry, my mind was elsewhere...do whatever, don't we have a system in place?
kingsley - ah ross, call on your mobile. from some rosich fellow. says it needs to be done by mid- sep, whatever that means.
ross - s***...
ross - aah...no!
makes you wonder if he deliberately didn't coach well.

may answer questions to why Walsh wasn't given a go, and we had Gardiner playing half a game then dropped against Mumford.

What I know know about Lyon wouldn't put it past him.

really would anyone be suprised ?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Lyon is a hard nosed pr!ck but I'm afraid we are a bit of a rabble..
Dunno, after our press conference this morning, I think the real tosser has left the club and has no premierships as a coach to back himself up in his arrogant grab for power and fortune. This definately paves the way for Fev as captain/ coach next year. :D
I actuallty thought he spoke beautifully and that's what gives me the sh!ts.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
ross - hmmm?
ross - s***...
ross - aah...no!

may answer questions to why Walsh wasn't given a go, and we had Gardiner playing half a game then dropped against Mumford.

Highly highly doubt it.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
ross - hmmm?
ross - s***...
ross - aah...no!

Highly highly doubt it.
Well, he was going for a job with Melbourne...maybe he was getting some tanking practice in?

St Lenny
Club Player

I thought he looked pretty uncomfortable. I wonder how long he has been unhappy for? Was just thinking about the first Collinwood game this year. We smashed them till half time, then we came out and looked like a different team. How does things like that happen?

Bono
Club Player

[quote="joffaboy"]

really would anyone be suprised ?[/quote]

------------------------------------------------------------------

A very good point. Ulterior motives to throw a match. Never before had he blamed himself, what went on in the coaches box or match committee for losing a game of footy. After coaching so well against Calrton, last week was a joke. So we were all taken for a ride. And then to come out with

'if you can't win a final at your home ground v an interstate team after reaching the heights"

That was the icing on the cake.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I haven't seen the press conference and can only rely on the comments come from this forum.

But if half of it's true with his attitude during the presser, either he has a large case of self deception, or it he a dead set sociopath

Antisocial Personality Disorder is chronic, beginning in adolescence
and continuing throughout adulthood. There are ten general
symptoms:

not learning from experience
no sense of responsibility
inability to form meaningful relationships
inability to control impulses
lack of moral sense
chronically antisocial behavior
no change in behavior after punishment
emotional immaturity
lack of guilt
self-centeredness

The Craw
Club Player

Lyon B@stard

Not Craw, CRAW!
Badlands
Club Player

almost vomited watching that presser today.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The only thing where we he appeared to give a reason for leaving, was when he really focussed on the point that he had asked fror a 4 year deal in April.
And that only found it's way to the table on Wednesday.

I think that is his official reason for leaving.

What the real reason is, well, I'd say the real reason for him leaving, was probably the same reason that a contract wasn't put on the table until Wednesday.

I don't think the club was totally happy and wanted some things to change. And he, either didn't want to change anything or knew he wasn't capable of it.

linmarnic
Club Player

The Craw wrote:Lyon B@stard
Caling it a dog act is being too kind as dogs are loyal.

Never give up