30,000 crowd v Weagles? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

30,000 crowd v Weagles? !!

It would be great to get a crowd in excess of 30,000 on Saturday Night, with 90% being rabid saints fans (joffaboy, are you going to show up?). We'll give the Weagles 5% with the other 5% being theatre goers !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

agreed, biggest game of the year for us so far. Need to make it a pure home ground and make some noise. See if we can get some cheap frees for starters

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I'll be there.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Better be 30K.

About 10K Eagles fans.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'd be hoping for 35K considering the timeslot, the importance of the game etc.

HOWEVER I suspect most of the neutrals will have gone to the G earlier in the day to watch Carlton/Collingwood. I know I will be at that game then straight to Etihad! :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

WCE have many supporters over here.

They usually fill that whole bottom area behind their goals with 90% eagles fans, then the whole bay next to their race (the bay on the other side to the ara behind the goals)

I was at the Carlton vs WCE game a few weeks back, and with about 10 mins to go when it was clear they were going to win they sure were making some noise, would of been a good 8k of them there.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Went to a game when the WC were good 5-6 years ago , and there was plenty of cashed up W A miners over for the game ,
seeing as there playing good footy again , I'd expect the same this year !
So if saints fans can extract the digit on saturday night and turn up , I don't see why we couldn't get 40000 +
p.s. W A miners look like bogans with beards ( and thats just the women ! )

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not many people get a chance to watch a match live with the likes of Riewoldt, Milne, Nic-Nat, LeCras.

Could be a bit of x-factor about this one.

Badlands
Club Player

foolishly booked tiger flights to attend... all the cheap virgin and qantas fares were long gone for that weekend. So now driving to albury friday night and getting the train down saturday morning.
Heading to the arvo game in the G' then dragging 4 makeshift st kilda supporters along to etihad for the main event - i say makeshift not because they follow other teams but because theyre new to melb and new to this afl business. Believe me we will all be making some noise come 7.10pm Saturday night!

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
westy
Club Player

With all due respect to you guys over there, I wonder if we need to send some Western Sainters over to add a bit of NOISE on the day? We've gotta belt this smartarse Egirl mob.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Austinnn
Club Player

First of all, a disclaimer: I live in provincial France, and cannot go to the game. I can't even watch it on TV. Thankfully it's on at night, which means I will spend lunchtime glued to the radio on the AFL website! So anyone that can, get to that game and cheer for me too, cheer for all of us overseas Saints that want to be there but can't.

It's fantastic that you guys are so revved up for this match; this could be pivotal in us getting off the ropes and punching again.

The flickers of hope are there; who'd have given us a chance with this game 6 weeks ago? We're still outsiders, but we can - and should - win this game.

It's Victoria, it's our home, we've got far more to prove, if we neutralise their delivery to NicNat and the other forwards, we can destablise them. This year's WCE success story is built on the shaky foundations of not so distant failure, they have not been consistent enough to trust themselves and their gameplan, so if we can get a good start, we can get the question marks going in their heads, and provided we keep going, we can knock them over.

More importantly, it's a chance for the Saints supporters to band together and show the footy world that our spirit will not be defeated and that we are still a proud club. Put your scarves in the air, get fierce with the chants, get the 'Milney' song going again, be the 23rd man we need. If you know any other Saints who are thinking of passing, do everything you can to get 'em there, buy them a ticket, shout them dinner, whatever it takes. This is a statement of our intent as supporters that we are a strong club.

If we win, we should win so don't whooping it up like we've won the GF. There will be more challengers. Drink it up and go again.
If we lose, there's another winnable game next week, the season isn't over. Suck it up and go again. And again. Until we are victorious.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:First of all, a disclaimer: I live in provincial France, and cannot go to the game. I can't even watch it on TV. Thankfully it's on at night, which means I will spend lunchtime glued to the radio on the AFL website! So anyone that can, get to that game and cheer for me too, cheer for all of us overseas Saints that want to be there but can't.

It's fantastic that you guys are so revved up for this match; this could be pivotal in us getting off the ropes and punching again.

The flickers of hope are there; who'd have given us a chance with this game 6 weeks ago? We're still outsiders, but we can - and should - win this game.
It's Victoria, it's our home, we've got far more to prove, if we neutralise their delivery to NicNat and the other forwards, we can destablise them. This year's WCE success story is built on the shaky foundations of not so distant failure, they have not been consistent enough to trust themselves and their gameplan, so if we can get a good start, we can get the question marks going in their heads, and provided we keep going, we can knock them over.

More importantly, it's a chance for the Saints supporters to band together and show the footy world that our spirit will not be defeated and that we are still a proud club. Put your scarves in the air, get fierce with the chants, get the 'Milney' song going again, be the 23rd man we need. If you know any other Saints who are thinking of passing, do everything you can to get 'em there, buy them a ticket, shout them dinner, whatever it takes. This is a statement of our intent as supporters that we are a strong club.

If we win, we should win so don't whooping it up like we've won the GF. There will be more challengers. Drink it up and go again.
If we lose, there's another winnable game next week, the season isn't over. Suck it up and go again. And again. Until we are victorious.
No we are not...

Hard to believe

we are 1.60 and eagles 2.25 currently at TAB sportsbet

hmm

saint4life
philtee
Club Player

Those odds are strange. Roughly the same odds at Sportingbet and Centrebet.
But how? The Eagles have just stitched up the ladder leader with some pretty exciting footy, and we've
had a minor win over a miserable Port Adelaide. The Eagles are eyeing the top 4, and we're closing in on 10th. Sure it's our home game,
but in the words of Yosemite Sam - "It just don't add up!"

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:foolishly booked tiger flights to attend... all the cheap virgin and qantas fares were long gone for that weekend. So now driving to albury friday night and getting the train down saturday morning.
Heading to the arvo game in the G' then dragging 4 makeshift st kilda supporters along to etihad for the main event - i say makeshift not because they follow other teams but because theyre new to melb and new to this afl business. Believe me we will all be making some noise come 7.10pm Saturday night!
Thats dedication, hats off!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:With all due respect to you guys over there, I wonder if we need to send some Western Sainters over to add a bit of NOISE on the day? We've gotta belt this smartarse Egirl mob.
Excellent idea.

Especially as elements of the official Cheer Squad will no doubt be busy expending all their energies on bagging Kosi :roll:

doppler effect
Club Player

chook23 wrote:Hard to believe

we are 1.60 and eagles 2.25 currently at TAB sportsbet

hmm
I'd say it has to do with the near perfect Saturday night @ Etihad record we have. Hard to believe we haven't had a Saturday night game there yet this season.

Maybe this means our luck is about to change

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

IF Eastern is shouting its all-ticket!!!! :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Id love to be there but I have a work comitment interstate. Cheer loud and hard for me

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Will do Hurricane! WILL DO!!!!!!! (particularly IF Eastern is going to shout:lol: )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

30,000 would be a poor turn out. The club would 40,000

Another opportunity awaits!