collingwood/thomas to contest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

merlin
Club Player

collingwood/thomas to contest

i'm guessing he will get off

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

ba ha ha ha

They're trying to say the strike was reckless instead of intentional. Was Thomas really trying to swot a fly away?

Another opportunity awaits!
merlin
Club Player

looking at two weeks if appeal fails

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I actually don't think he will be successful, and will probably have more points loaded.

If they are trying to argue that players like Campbell Brown got charged with reckless rather than intentional, I don't think the MRP looks at precedents.

Anyway, he didn't throw an elbow back without looking, he was on top of his opponent, the ball was nowhere to be seen, and he gave Jones one in the mouth.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Maybe they could argue that Thomas was so incensed by the racial abuse directed towards Krakour that he was for a moment rendered insane, he of course, has no recollection of the alleged incident.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I actually don't think he will be successful, and will probably have more points loaded.
We're talking about a player from Collingwood here, not only that, but a star player, and not only that, but a Brownlow contender...he'll get off.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

So, do we all hope that he fails and gets 2 weeks instead of 1? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Maybe they could argue that Thomas was so incensed by the racial abuse directed towards Krakour that he was for a moment rendered insane, he of course, has no recollection of the alleged incident.
Could be on to something there dragit.

Or maybe he had just looked up and seen Eddie on the big screen going off his nut and thought "I'll have some of that" :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:So, do we all hope that he fails and gets 2 weeks instead of 1? !!
Shichyeah!

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

He won't get 2 weeks - he'll still only get one, but will have 70-odd carry over points rather than 20.

Not that it's going to matter - he will walk. We all know he will. . . .

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Well its a given - Collingwood, AFL, Pretty Boy, Role Model
Definitley will get off - none of his actions will come into it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Of course he will get off. It is Collingwood. By the way when was the last pies player to get off?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Not only will he walk, but he'll be given the keys to a new Lexus so he can arrive in style on Brownlow night.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Of course he will get off. It is Collingwood. By the way when was the last pies player to get off?
Saturday night I'm tipping.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Of course he will get off. It is Collingwood. By the way when was the last pies player to get off?
Beams?

With Duthie I think.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
+1

I'll never get over Nick Maxwell walking a few seasons back...unbelievable. THAT shows the clout they have when they need it, they'll bring their legal A game, as there's a Brownlow at stake. If there wasn't, they'd happily give him a rest against the Demons, wouldn't they?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
+1

I'll never get over Nick Maxwell walking a few seasons back...unbelievable. THAT shows the clout they have when they need it, they'll bring their legal A game, as there's a Brownlow at stake. If there wasn't, they'd happily give him a rest against the Demons, wouldn't they?
I had to read your post twice, I thought you said walking.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
+1

Yep Maxwell got off but was nearly the first charged after they changed the rule. Like you said, they come with a proper legal team where as we come with Stinger.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
+1

Yep Maxwell got off but was nearly the first charged after they changed the rule. Like you said, they come with a proper legal team where as we come with Stinger.
I reckon we use Dennis Denuto.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
dragit
Saintsational Legend

He can't get off this, no way, only Judd or Goodes could escape this

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Chris Dawes
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
+1

He is 100% at least.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
+1

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...and the MRP takes us to the cleaners.

Anyway, wasn't that the rule they changed after Gia smashed Kosi's skull in with a flying headbutt? Some fine adjustments were needed, I guess.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saints legal eagle

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
+1

He is 100% at least.
What about Chris Nyst?