Where were all the Saints supporters?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Where were all the Saints supporters?

Where were all the friggin' Saints supporters today? Season on the line and you had better things to do? Maybe you went to an exhibition of Serbian pottery?

It was bloody embarrassing.....top deck of the Southern Stand we were outnumbered at least three to one!

Have a good hard look at yourselves and hang your heads.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Have a look at the club's Facebook page and you will see by the comments just how fair-weather a lot we are. Maybe it's representative of all clubs, and we just don't have a massive pool to start with, but our fans seem to be incredibly unwilling to turn up when the chips are down.

e.g. Average home crowd in 2000: 24 422

Average home crowd in 2010: 38 009

Source: http://stats.rleague.com/afl/crowds/summary.html

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Saints dont go to away games...

St Lenny
Club Player

Saints fans have become very soft after two years of success and are full of excuses.......................

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Expect the memberships to drop drematically next year and low crowds at our home games. But they will be back when we start moving towards the top again,

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I had my familt at the "Walking with Dinosaurs" show for my young son's birthday if that's Ok with you? If not, get f***ed !!

And last week I was interstate for work and didn't get to that game either - OK with you if I make a living?

Unfortunately for many of us we don't have the luxury of being able to run our lives around a footy fixture. My family membership and social club membership are one step from being simple donations to the club. Fortunately next week we will be able to go and the whole family will be there - does that meet your standards you judgmental f***?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I had my familt at the "Walking with Dinosaurs" show for my young son's birthday if that's Ok with you? If not, get f***ed !!

And last week I was interstate for work and didn't get to that game either - OK with you if I make a living?

Unfortunately for many of us we don't have the luxury of being able to run our lives around a footy fixture. My family membership and social club membership are one step from being simple donations to the club. Fortunately next week we will be able to go and the whole family will be there - does that meet your standards you judgmental f***?
See this is what happens when generalisations are made.

Any contempt should be specifically aimed at those supporters who choose to attend or miss a game purely based on how the team is going and the prospects of victory.

It is quite possible to be extremely passionate without having to attend games each week. If attendance is based on other things in your life then so be it.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
True Believer wrote:I had my familt at the "Walking with Dinosaurs" show for my young son's birthday if that's Ok with you? If not, get f***ed !!

See this is what happens when generalisations are made.

Any contempt should be specifically aimed at those supporters who choose to attend or miss a game purely based on how the team is going and the prospects of victory.

It is quite possible to be extremely passionate without having to attend games each week. If attendance is based on other things in your life then so be it.
+1

Certainly I hope TrueBeliever isn't too offended. Hope your boy had a much better day than we did.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Had a great day thanks dcstkfc. Awesome show, had the kids spell-bound, right up until the end when the big T-rex appeared and roared at great volume and the little guy nearly soiled his pants.

The only bad part of the day was his old man quietly following the footy scores on the smartphone during the show and watching a great start turn into disaster.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:Saints dont go to away games...
Think you'll find thats the same for nearly every club. Alot of people just cant afford to pay their 11 game home memberships and go to the away games.

Obviously ILPK thinks money grows on trees or something, or that going to the football is more important then putting food on the table, a roof over peoples heads, water, gas, electricity you know the basic stuff in life... How have so many people be such arseholes for doing that over going to a freaking game of football :roll: :roll:

sRaf
Club Player

Felt the same way on Monday night against the Blues for me. I'd say there were maybe half a dozen Saint supporters in the vicinity and many, many Blues supporters.

After today's performance, I'd imagine it's only going to get lower.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I sat at ground level behind the goal impersonating a T rex among the Hawks fans and got told by a group about our failing club and our impending 20 years of down cast loses. there were a good amount of saints around me and noisy ones. We stayed until we would have to see Franklin or some clown get the police medal and left. (unless they saw sense and gave it to fisher

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I didn't feel well enought to go today - do I need to bring a note to our next home game to explain my absenteeism ?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

typical. when the chips are down, the fair weather "supporters" flee the bandwagon. they don't have the intestinal fortitude. they'll be back the next time when the club looks to be a contender and probably claim they stuck with the club through thick and thin. lousy fakes. but after all, everyone loves a winner, don't they? :x :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Going to the footy as a family is cheap.

20 bucks for an adult, little kids free.

Bring food from home. No excuses.

I sat near our CS.

Talk about a small and quiet mob.

A decent and decent SIZE CS would help promote the club IMO.

If our CS is this tiny already god help us next season.

Saints fans are soft in general. Very soft!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Given it was a Hawthorn Home game and they had much of the bottom level as reserved seating I would think they would ahve more questions to ask of their #55,000# supporters.

looking from the opposite end Saints predominant level3/4 Southern Stand and even though the cheapskate hawks were in one of the few gen admit on level 1 I think we out numbered them.

Home game on a Saturday afternoon next week - test it then--- True believers....................

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint4Eva
Club Player

Re: Where were all the Saints supporters?

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Where were all the friggin' Saints supporters today? Season on the line and you had better things to do? Maybe you went to an exhibition of Serbian pottery?

It was bloody embarrassing.....top deck of the Southern Stand we were outnumbered at least three to one!

some people have a life outside of the footy so have a look at yourself.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I sat at ground level behind the goal impersonating a T rex among the Hawks fans and got told by a group about our failing club and our impending 20 years of down cast loses. there were a good amount of saints around me and noisy ones. We stayed until we would have to see Franklin or some clown get the police medal and left. (unless they saw sense and gave it to fisher
they give one to each Club and Sam got the Saints one.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Both my daughters had a netball tournament on. Hate these 1pm starts when you have something on. makes it impossible to slip away. At 1/4 time I was kicking myself for not using any excuse to leave at midday and go to the footy. Got home in time to watch the 2nd half on FOX. Beer in hand, fire roaring, looking fwd to a ripping 2nd half :?

Thank GOD I didn't slip away from my daughters' netball tournament is all I can say. Watching those hawks find space at will on the TV made me want to throw the stubbie at the TV I was so angry.

Next week is a close call - my old club East Ringwood play Blackburn in the top of the table clash in 1st division of the EFL OR I could watch the saints play like they don't really care against another insipid team. Could be about a total of 20 tackles for the game. Topuch footy I reckon.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I live in geelong and finished work at 7:30 am after doing a 12 hour shift. Thought I did well to get a couple of hours sleep and get to the pub to watch the game. :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where were all the Saints supporters?

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Where were all the friggin' Saints supporters today? Season on the line and you had better things to do? Maybe you went to an exhibition of Serbian pottery?

f*** off. i was there yesterday, and apart from the first half an hour it was a pretty miserable experience.

so should i keep turning up each week to watch a playing group who barely put in? am i supposed to enjoy that? why would i spend so much time doing something i can't control which is making me unhappy?

obviously people will turn up less when we're losing. it's just not as much fun for anyone involved. it makes no difference to whether we win or lose, so who cares?

if you have no better way to spend your time then by all means go along to the footy. personally, i'll be there a lot less for the remainder of the year.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I was a marriage Preparation classes. Have to go to the 'work shop' to get married in the catholic church.

Saying that,i didnt get updates, I just read the final score and I thought that was the end of it. Whats a big surprise we lost imo. Its only today from listening to the media that im learning it was a complete shambles.
And if i was there maybe i would of left, if i was watching it on tv maybe I would of turned it off, changed the radio.. you know why- cos i do what i want.. and I dont give a rats what anyone says about.

I dont personally care what other fans are doing at any given moment, I am however concerned with whats happening at the club-that I support.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

The game clashed with my Grandson's footy.

They won and he kicked a goal from way, way out.

Better than watching our sad and sorry mob.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

All your excuses are puss weak.

If we were going well all those with excuses on this thread wouldve found a way to be at the G yesterday.

One word: SOFT!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saintspremiers wrote:All your excuses are puss weak.

If we were going well all those with excuses on this thread wouldve found a way to be at the G yesterday.

One word: SOFT!

Not me.

Family comes first, but the Saints are a close second.

Anyway.... hoping to sign the grandson under the grandfather/son rule. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.