Dempster's 100th game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dempster's 100th game

God bless The Lovechild.

Barring injury pencil him in for 22 games plus finals this year.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dempster's 100th game

saintspremiers wrote:God bless The Lovechild.

I think he is an ordinary footballer but I also think there is no one that RL thinks would be better for the side unless of course RL is trying to lose games weekly.

Saints43
Club Player

Is it 5 Grand Finals in 100 matches?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dempster's 100th game

saintspremiers wrote:God bless The Lovechild.

Finals? I don't thinks so. At the very best it will be a final, 7 vs 8, maybe. Say final.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Whatever you may think of him he plays for our team, wears our jumper and is reaching a personal milestone that very few achieve.

Pretty poor firm IMO to bag a bloke in these circumstances.

Congratulations Demps :D

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Well done Seany D. Continued to make the most of your ability, work hard and have done enough to consistently be trusted to play in the biggest of games under two coaching regimes. Stood up in the 2010 finals series, hope you can find that form and quash the doubters.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

As I mentioned on another thread, Dempster is probably playing a specific role each week and the Match Committee are obviously happy with what he is delivering.

The Saints supporters mark him hard at times. He came to us with a reputation as a good kick, but all I hear is how hopeless his delivery is.

The trouble is, as supporters, we watch from an "overall" perspective and probably miss a lot of the one-percenters.

I stand ready for the onslaught. :P

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not sure why his kicking has dropped of....atm he is almost the worse kick in the afl...just behind, peake, eddy, gilbert, gram, ray, riewoldt, blake, baker.

Is it just me, but it seems all our players seem better kicks before they join us and then get....worse and worse....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not sure why his kicking has dropped of....atm he is almost the worse kick in the afl...just behind, peake, eddy, gilbert, gram, ray, riewoldt, blake, baker.

Is it just me, but it seems all our players seem better kicks before they join us and then get....worse and worse....
We must be unlucky if we have the 9 worst kicks in the AFL. At least your posts lack substance. And yes it is just you.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Hawthorn recruiters specifically chased left footers who were great kicks, a few years ago and grabbed a Grand Final. It seems that kicking skills are a low priority for our recruiters. :!: :!:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations Sean D.
I for one applaud your determination to succeed and wish you well on your 100th game of AFL football.

You obviously play your role in the machine that has seen us get to the GF of the last 2 years.

So just enjoy the game and ignore the 'armchair experts' from the outside who have no idea of what you're supposed to be doing out there and whether or not you're achieving acceptable standards in those roles.

I'm not really sure what the statistics are for how many players get drafted and go on to actually play 100 games, especially after serious injury?

But Sean Dempster is one of the minority who have.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

He's got a premiership medallion.

He's played in 5 grand finals and many more finals.

He's got a magnificent physique and a huge engine.

He was never blessed with much in the way of footballing skill (can't mark, poor handballer, average tackler) and is even less skilled now than he was before he was injured in 2008, in that the range and accuracy of his kicking has fallen away.

But he's ok for all of that. I don't rate him as highly as Ross seems to, and I certainly wouldn't have selected him ahead of Gwilt in the 2009 GF. But he deserves his spot in the team right now more than others (eg, CJ for starters).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Congrats Sean.

Just keep playing a team role, it doesn't matter if you shine individually or not, that's not what it's about.

I hope you have a great 100th game.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do you disagree that those players are sub standard afl kicks???

Or did you just want another cheap shot???

Again..... :roll:
So predictable.......give us your opinion.....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Not sure why his kicking has dropped of....atm he is almost the worse kick in the afl...just behind, peake, eddy, gilbert, gram, ray, riewoldt, blake, baker.

We must be unlucky if we have the 9 worst kicks in the AFL. At least your posts lack substance. And yes it is just you.
I agree with BigMart, our kicking skills belong at Scope not at the AFL :roll:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Mr X from the West
Club Player

LOL.....great post.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

lol......great post.

RL must be a genius to get us to two GF's in a row with the 9 worst kicks in the AFL.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

As I said in the other thread - if he's 'that bad' why are the coaches selecting him each week? Do they want an inferior side? Maybe they know more than us whether he has held his own or not - and where he fits in with their plans... Can match up on talls and smalls, and run all day

He used to be considered a very good kick when at the Swans, I must admit his kicking seems to have dropped off somewhat :shock:

Good on you Dempster hope no 100 is a great one

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He is a great coach.......only problem, we lost both.....

You could also argue, our disposal is why a team consisting of

Riewoldt
Hayes
Dal santo
Montagna
Fisher
Montagna

6 all australians could not deliver a premiership.....oh, and the fact the seventh aa was playing in the opposition

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He is a great coach.......only problem, we lost both.....

You could also argue, our disposal is why a team consisting of

Riewoldt
Hayes
Dal santo
Montagna
Fisher
Montagna

6 all australians could not deliver a premiership.....oh, and the fact the seventh aa was playing in the opposition
Dont know - how may AA's in Geelong and Collingwood?

Considering - as you stated, St.Kilda have the 7 or 8 worst kicks in the AFL, can you tell me how the team won 19 straight in 09 and lost a GF by a whisker, and then made the GF in 10?

If having so many terrible kicks in a team counts against you, the coaching must hav been the best ever. How else could have they achieve what they did? Luck?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:He used to be considered a very good kick when at the Swans, I must admit his kicking seems to have dropped off somewhat :shock:

Did his knee a couple of years ago - maybe that doesn't help.

Anyway good luck Dempster, hope you are BOG on Thursday.

Lance or James??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

F%$# off and support richmond you pricks that bag our players. He is one of our own and should be supported. Are you the types that flog some respect into your kids as well?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:He used to be considered a very good kick when at the Swans, I must admit his kicking seems to have dropped off somewhat :shock:

Did his knee a couple of years ago - maybe that doesn't help.

Anyway good luck Dempster, hope you are BOG on Thursday.
That's right the damn knee, how could I forget that :oops:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Knock 'em dead Sean. Congrats.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Played 100 more games of AFL Footy than any of the Internet hero tools on this site will ever play.

I agree. Shocking form to payout on a boke on a milestone game. Congrats Sean

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor