How is this a "New Saints Scandal"?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cps
Club Player

How is this a "New Saints Scandal"?

Just reading the article in The Age about Sam Fisher being assaulted.

How is this a "New Saints Scandal" as the headline screams?

FFS, I thought The Age was a "quality" media outlet - they're on a race to the bottom with the rest.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the next "Saints scandal":

ROSS LYON'S CAR CLIPPED BY FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE

GWILT STRUCK BY LIGHTNING

HAYES OVERDUE ON GAS BILL

GRAM'S NEIGHBOUR COMPLAINS ABOUT BARKING DOG

MILNE SPITS ON SIDEWALK, DOESN'T SAY SORRY

philtee
Club Player

I'm with you cps -
Why are The Age and Australian calling this a "scandal" ?
Bloke in pub gets belted by moron...an "incident", yes.
It's as if the two papers are grasping at any event to keep the titillation going.
The Herald-Sun is reporting this one much more even-handedly.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yep, Sam Fisher getting king hit is a headline in both the HS and The Age and is considered a further scandal for his club.

Meanwhile news of the “Pies lewd hand gestureâ€

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

It's actually quite funny how they tip-toe around Collingwood. Bloke waves his hand about in a way that insinuates a desire to penetrate a female in a degrading way that makes a mockery of pretty much every step the game has taken in terms of respect for women and yet that ain't scandalous, it's a mere platform for a rather limp apology. To the contrary, the club deemed scandalous has been shown as doing nothing wrong beyond having one dim-witted half back flanker without knowledge of a delete key, and yet....

Laugh. Its the only way.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Richter
SS Life Member

MacQuarie news on SEN:

"Saints stand by Sam Fisher"

WTF?

From all reports Chips has been the victim of a cowardly attack. Why the need to say that the club is standing by him, unless you're insinuating that he has done something wrong.

Just all goes to show that Roo was right when he said that there is a media witchhunt against us.

:evil:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

FFS - if one our players didn't get involved in the first place by getting involved with that psychopath, we wouldn't be the subject of these claims.

Sam Fisher should be able to have a night out without ramifications but look, he knows that if he's out in the early hours, he's going to be a target.

We can't shake the 'scandal' tag for a while. Deal with it.

I'm so over it. I seriously want to lock these threads up and throw away the key.

Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 16 Mar 2011 11:12am, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:FFS - if one our players didn't get involved in the first place by getting involved with that psychopath, we wouldn't be the subject of these claims.

Sam Fisher should be able to have a night out without ramifications but look, he knows that if he's out in the early hours, he's going to be a target.

I'm so over it. I seriously want to lock these threads up and throw away the key.

So one player 'being involved with a psychopath', however innocently, briefly, or innocuously, makes it acceptable for the club's name to be spat upon day after day.

Your view. Not shared.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:So one player 'being involved with a psychopath', however innocently, briefly, or innocuously, makes it acceptable for the club's name to be spat upon day after day.

Your view. Not shared.
Sorry Thinline but I'm just over our players getting involved in this rubbish - even if they are innocent bystanders.

Over it, over it, over it...

If we have to stick players on a night-out curfew during the year, say 1am, I'm not against it. Only bad things happen after that time.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
evertonfc wrote:FFS - if one our players didn't get involved in the first place by getting involved with that psychopath, we wouldn't be the subject of these claims.

So one player 'being involved with a psychopath', however innocently, briefly, or innocuously, makes it acceptable for the club's name to be spat upon day after day.

Your view. Not shared.
I'd agree with evertonfc IF the player was aware the psychopath was a psychopath at the time he got involved with her.

However I have seen no evidence that he did.

Stjohn
Club Player

Pie Hero comes to the rescue....

I'm surprised that wasn't the headline....

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Thinline wrote:So one player 'being involved with a psychopath', however innocently, briefly, or innocuously, makes it acceptable for the club's name to be spat upon day after day.

Your view. Not shared.
Sorry Thinline but I'm just over our players getting involved in this rubbish - even if they are innocent bystanders.

Over it, over it, over it...

If we have to stick players on a night-out curfew during the year, say 1am, I'm not against it. Only bad things happen after that time.
It's not ideal to hit the headlines again, but he didn't actually do anything wrong.

Eastern highlighted to me that he didn't play Saturday night, so he was obviously there on his own (as far as Saints players go)

Avoid Eve would be a rule I'd certainly enforce, so much trouble for AFL players has gone on there in recent years.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Your view. Not shared.
I'd agree with evertonfc IF the player was aware the psychopath was a psychopath at the time he got involved with her.

Look, ultimately, that when you break it down, I know we're pretty much in the clear. And this were a private matter - ie: not played out in the public domain - there'd be no doubt where the guilt would lie.

What I'm trying to say is that it's probably too late to recover a lot of the ground we lost - and with her admissions, we've probably recovered as much as we could have hoped for.

But it sure wouldn't hurt to have our players tucked up early in bed for the rest of the year.

Andrew Lovett's episode came after a big night. Allegedly KD met Sam Gilbert in a nightclub. Sam Fisher gets hit in a nightclub. Hayes-Baker happens outside a nightclub. Roo gets slagged and shoulder charges outside a nightclub.

What's the common trend? I know our guys aren't at fault, but come on. If we can cut out the 3am moments, maybe we wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the headlines.

No more nightclubs for a while, please. Not until we win the premiership, anyway.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:It's actually quite funny how they tip-toe around Collingwood. Bloke waves his hand about in a way that insinuates a desire to penetrate a female in a degrading way that makes a mockery of pretty much every step the game has taken in terms of respect for women and yet that ain't scandalous, it's a mere platform for a rather limp apology. To the contrary, the club deemed scandalous has been shown as doing nothing wrong beyond having one dim-witted half back flanker without knowledge of a delete key, and yet....

Laugh. Its the only way.
I'm obviously ignorant when it comes to current day hand signals so can someone explain exactly what Jarryd Blair's hand gesture means. I'm serious. Is it a universally accepted hand signal?
If it is too lewd to explain on the open forum could somebody please PM me so that I can get up to speed and share the community outrage.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

You seen the talent @ Eve?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You do make a good point there Everton, though you be even more broad, and say it all probably stems from drinking.

I don't know the answer, restrict them too much, and it could lead to worse behaviour? Kind of like when you go on a crash diet, and then eat a full block of cadburys?

I'd also lean towards a premiership coming from their own resolve and discipline, not club enforced attitudes?

Richter
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote: No more nightclubs for a while, please. Not until we win the premiership, anyway.
No offence intended Ev, but are you serious?

Were you never a young man?

I agree that the lads need to show some restraint, but to never go to a nightclub?

Think you're overreacting a tad mate.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

I'm obviously ignorant when it comes to current day hand signals so can someone explain exactly what Jarryd Blair's hand gesture means. I'm serious. Is it a universally accepted hand signal?
If it is too lewd to explain on the open forum could somebody please PM me so that I can get up to speed and share the community outrage.

I asked the same question on the opposition forum ... apparently the gesture is called "the shocker" -- Google it.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Your view. Not shared.

Look, ultimately, that when you break it down, I know we're pretty much in the clear. And this were a private matter - ie: not played out in the public domain - there'd be no doubt where the guilt would lie.

What I'm trying to say is that it's probably too late to recover a lot of the ground we lost - and with her admissions, we've probably recovered as much as we could have hoped for.

But it sure wouldn't hurt to have our players tucked up early in bed for the rest of the year.

Andrew Lovett's episode came after a big night. Allegedly KD met Sam Gilbert in a nightclub. Sam Fisher gets hit in a nightclub. Hayes-Baker happens outside a nightclub. Roo gets slagged and shoulder charges outside a nightclub.

What's the common trend? I know our guys aren't at fault, but come on. If we can cut out the 3am moments, maybe we wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the headlines.

No more nightclubs for a while, please. Not until we win the premiership, anyway.
Wasn't Roo picking up fish n chips with his missus when his earth shattering incident occured?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:I agree that the lads need to show some restraint, but to never go to a nightclub?

I don't think it's a stupid thing to suggest that the players have a midnight curfew during the season. In the off-season, well, it's hard to police...

All I can say is this is the last weekend before the season proper and everyone knows that players love to go and smash themselves up on the final Saturday. CQ, Eve, Boutique, Baroq, Revolver, Cushion and Prince will be absolutely filled with them on Saturday night. Those pushing their luck will probably make an appearance at Love Machine on Sunday. And rest assured, girls know this is a key time to make a 'hit' on an AFL player. So while they might score in one sense, who knows what the repercussions might be.

Just saying.

St Lenny
Club Player

The players do have a life outside of football and they need a life outside of football. Maybe the supporters do to :wink:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:The players do have a life outside of football and they need a life outside of football. Maybe the supporters do to :wink:
Eh? Of course they do. But with the perks of being an AFL player comes a shred of responsibility, in my opinion.

And if you don't want that - no problems, I'm not here to judge - go play bush footy where you can do whoever and drink whatever you want.

yipper
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:[Andrew Lovett's episode came after a big night. Allegedly KD met Sam Gilbert in a nightclub. Sam Fisher gets hit in a nightclub. Hayes-Baker happens outside a nightclub. Roo gets slagged and shoulder charges outside a nightclub.
Roo was picking up Fish & chips at a South Melbourne shop (near where he lives) with his missus at around 11pm!!!! Sheesh, it is possible that some of our players are being ridiculously tarnished in the media for doing - well.. normal things, and getting attacked in the process. But it is a scandal how they always get into trouble!!?? It is time to lock the media up I think!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
evertonfc wrote:[Andrew Lovett's episode came after a big night. Allegedly KD met Sam Gilbert in a nightclub. Sam Fisher gets hit in a nightclub. Hayes-Baker happens outside a nightclub. Roo gets slagged and shoulder charges outside a nightclub.
Roo was picking up Fish & chips at a South Melbourne shop (near where he lives) with his missus at around 11pm!!!! Sheesh, it is possible that some of our players are being ridiculously tarnished in the media for doing - well.. normal things, and getting attacked in the process. But it is a scandal how they always get into trouble!!?? It is time to lock the media up I think!!!
I'll take back the Roo one; my apologies. It wasn't a nightclub, he was getting dinner - at 11pm. :?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
evertonfc wrote: No more nightclubs for a while, please. Not until we win the premiership, anyway.
No offence intended Ev, but are you serious?

Were you never a young man?

I agree that the lads need to show some restraint, but to never go to a nightclub?

+1

This holier than thou moral pedestal that posters have here is incredible.

So because some thug King Hits a bloke because he is out at night, the players themselves should be punished.

Talk about blame the victim :roll:

Maybe these same upholders of societies moral standards should practice what they preach, and if they ever get belted while out, I'll automatically blame them :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)