What do you want to see in 2011?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

What do you want to see in 2011?

Apart from a premiership. That's what we would all like. I'm one of the sceptical ones that thinks the scarring of consecutive losses, player age and the mass exodus of assistant coaches will take too much of a toll. But, prove me wrong boys.

However, if I can't have that elusive flag, I just want us to thump Collingwood in the grand final rematch. I want the boys to go out for revenge an inflict some pain, just like in the Round 13 match against the Cats, minus an epic suspension of course.

Anyone have anything else?

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Oh, I would also like to see Armo and Dempster finally come of age.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I would like to see Lenny win the Brownlow.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm, thinking carefully...

I want to struggle to seperate my SS best player votes each week, because keeping it to 5 is simply too hard.

RW&B
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:I would like to see Lenny win the Brownlow.
amen

"I'm a better coach when Nick Riewoldt is in the side" - Ross Lyon 2007
matrix
Saintsational Legend

f****** idiots who abuse people left and right get finally kicked off our forum

(seems weird that those that do get abused by this ass clown get warnings, so i guess the ass clown does as well, but the weird thing is the ass clown keeps abusing, to various people....now its a three warning system and then perm ban, yet after five episodes in nearly a week....no perm ban is ever forthcoming :!: :!: :!: )

so i guess its ok then
8-)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to see BOTH Kosi & Raph in the Top 10 in our B&F !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i would like to see us thump collingwood in the repplay also, but to be honest unless they need the win to stay alive in the top4/8 it wouldnt really matter, they have the 2010 premiership we dont.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:i would like to see us thump collingwood in the repplay .
...me too mate....

went to lunch with some old friends recently.....one was the wife of a filth supporter...she told me her husband wished to pass on his views to me that the saints were gallant in defeat.....i told her that that was stretching the truth a bit too far.......as we were crap.....she replied.....yes they were....

she told me that her husband was still up in the clouds......as one would expect......he is a nice guy though....vietnam vet......still...i would like to wipe the smile off his face next year...i won't begrudge him his memories though....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
PJ
SS Life Member

An effect forward structure... ala what we had with Hamill & Gehrig

My pick would be Stanley and Roo but I'd be equally happy with Tommy Walsh perhaps even all 3.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:f****** idiots who abuse people left and right get finally kicked off our forum

(seems weird that those that do get abused by this ass clown get warnings, so i guess the ass clown does as well, but the weird thing is the ass clown keeps abusing, to various people....now its a three warning system and then perm ban, yet after five episodes in nearly a week....no perm ban is ever forthcoming :!: :!: :!: )

so i guess its ok then
8-)

you tell em babe... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

A Premiership ??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:An effect forward structure... ala what we had with Hamill & Gehrig

My pick would be Stanley and Roo but I'd be equally happy with Tommy Walsh perhaps even all 3.
Not that you're expecting much :)

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I look forward to RTB subtly reinventing us again, and then all the moaning, whinging, so called supporters scrambling for the handles on the bandwagon.

More than anything, I crave the conversion of the misanthropes to people who can acknowledge the conversion of one of the great failures of the VFL/AFL to a genuinely sustainable power of the competition. Because that's what we are now, and a pox on the house of any supporter who denies it. Argue the merits, by all means, but give me a freakin' break from those who cannot acknowledge the progress.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: More than anything, I crave the conversion of the misanthropes to people who can acknowledge the conversion of one of the great failures of the VFL/AFL to a genuinely sustainable power of the competition. Because that's what we are now, and a pox on the house of any supporter who denies it. Argue the merits, by all means, but give me a freakin' break from those who cannot acknowledge the progress.
how true !! we have lost under ten games in the last 3 years!! i remember when winning ten games would of taken us almost 5 years !!

to think we were on the brink of non existance!! 10 years ago we were wooden spooners with not much hope of getting off the bottom , not long before that we were the dumping ground for the strong clubs rejects ....

its been a massive turnaround

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Young players given a chance to develop !!!

Young players given a chance to develop !!!

There is no way the SAINTS will improve sufficiently, if RL doesn't bite the bullet and play the younger blokes. They still have to earn their chance but leave them in the team for long enough to get a decent go at it. We need more attacking playerr ready to go, to pressure on others. No more playing favourites RL just because they are a bigger body!!!

Time for McQualter, Eddy, Kosi, Dempster, Peake, Jones (only due to disposal) Blake, Baker, Gram, Clarke to be put under real pressure to maintain their spots.

eg

Armitage, Stevens, Smith, Stanley, Walsh, Lynch, Heyne & Simpkin (all likely)

Chances - Winmar, Cripps, Johnson, Archer & Crocker

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
PJ
SS Life Member

Not that you're expecting much
I tend to er on the side of optimism when it comes to all St.Kilda but Stanley to me is showing all the signs of being an outstanding talent. Walshy has ego and talent and the frame/physicality to back it up. If you put him in he'll adapt - he has "mongrel" - that can't be taught.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Not that you're expecting much
I tend to er on the side of optimism when it comes to all St.Kilda but Stanley to me is showing all the signs of being an outstanding talent. Walshy has ego and talent and the frame/physicality to back it up. If you put him in he'll adapt - he has "mongrel" - that can't be taught.
Oh me too PJ, I like that you said all three....I have no problems with aiming high....I tend to wear rose coloured glasses with anything St Kilda see :wink:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Who to cultivate as a full forward?

Who to cultivate as a full forward?

Roo would be wasted there. He is the best CHF going around, and they are more important than FF. Remember, Darrell Baldock would have had Plugger at CHF, but because of his asthma he did not have the necessary stamina for CHF.

For me a FF must be able to lead and mark, kick accurately, and be fairly mobile.
I cant see any stand outs as potential full forwards on our list. Cahill was recruited as one, he is in the running. I would have Lynch, Siposs, Walsh, Archer, as well under consideration.

WHOOPS. Supposed to be a new post.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Young players given a chance to develop !!!

WinnersOnly wrote:Young players given a chance to develop !!!

There is no way the SAINTS will improve sufficiently, if RL doesn't bite the bullet and play the younger blokes. They still have to earn their chance but leave them in the team for long enough to get a decent go at it. We need more attacking playerr ready to go, to pressure on others. No more playing favourites RL just because they are a bigger body!!!

Time for McQualter, Eddy, Kosi, Dempster, Peake, Jones (only due to disposal) Blake, Baker, Gram, Clarke to be put under real pressure to maintain their spots.
eg

Armitage, Stevens, Smith, Stanley, Walsh, Lynch, Heyne & Simpkin (all likely)

Chances - Winmar, Cripps, Johnson, Archer & Crocker
why not the whole 22 ? should there not be pressure on every player to hold their spot in the team ? i like seeing the kids get a run but not just for the sake of playing the kids they have to earn the right to be out there .
we are again striving for the top 4 we are not on the rebuild as yet , also there is a strong focus on getting the player ready for the big time

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

All I want for 2011 is a premiership, anything else is just window dressing.
Wouldn't mine seeing my numbers get picked by Tattslotto as well.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Gershwin
Club Player

fierce tackling ...
bone jarring bumps ..
goals dobbed from inside 50 with monotonous regularity ...

summertime and the living is easy ........
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote: More than anything, I crave the conversion of the misanthropes to people who can acknowledge the conversion of one of the great failures of the VFL/AFL to a genuinely sustainable power of the competition. Because that's what we are now, and a pox on the house of any supporter who denies it. Argue the merits, by all means, but give me a freakin' break from those who cannot acknowledge the progress.
how true !! we have lost under ten games in the last 3 years!! i remember when winning ten games would of taken us almost 5 years !!

to think we were on the brink of non existance!! 10 years ago we were wooden spooners with not much hope of getting off the bottom , not long before that we were the dumping ground for the strong clubs rejects ....

its been a massive turnaround

yep......butterss and thomas had the dream....which most if not all on here shared ...laid the foundations ......the current board and ross.....whom i actually admire.....built on those foundations....

St Lenny
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:I would like to see Lenny win the Brownlow.
:D

noob
Club Player

a new afl song! that's what a like about football