Social club reserved seating

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangerisking
Club Player

Social club reserved seating

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about social club reserved seating for next year I know it's an extra $80 is anyone considering taking it up?

BANGER 350 & STILL GOING STRONG
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I was thinking someone needs to make sure jigging saint get's in early for his front row seats......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Social club reserved seating

bangerisking wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows anything about social club reserved seating for next year I know it's an extra $80 is anyone considering taking it up?
Just shows that you have to read the fine print.

It would seem that with this option that this means that SC Members have now lost a long-running benefit.

The Club are selling off our seats. There has always been a SC area for non-reserved seating. Looks like it is going.

Not happy Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far I have received nothing in the mail spelling out SC entitlements...and looking on the website there is nothing on SC Member entitlements.

It would seem though our SC seating area has been removed without any discussion or announcements...other that "our" seats are now on sale for $80 each.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
bangerisking wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows anything about social club reserved seating for next year I know it's an extra $80 is anyone considering taking it up?

It would seem that with this option that this means that SC Members have now lost a long-running benefit.

The Club are selling off our seats. There has always been a SC area for non-reserved seating. Looks like it is going.

So far I have received nothing in the mail spelling out SC entitlements...and looking on the website there is nothing on SC Member entitlements.

It would seem though our SC seating area has been removed without any discussion or announcements...other that "our" seats are now on sale for $80 each.
Why would anyone be surprised? Year by year various membership entitlements are being removed unless you're prepared to cough up the big bucks. Anyone remember Level 2 reserved seating?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

so let me get this right....

our social club area (that you just book a ticket before each game for)is now converting to reserved seating?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You guys want to be as big as the Pies and the Dons. This is what happens. I reckon good on the club, others may not think so.

Genghis
Club Player

The fine print also says the $80 price is for 2011 only, rising to "normal Adult price in 2012". I'm not happy about our area being converted into reserved seating... but then again, I'm just thankful I don't barrack for the Pies. My partner (yes, a Filth supporter - don't hold that against me) just forked out close to $900 for his Legends membership. Ouch.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

seriously??? wow, it's becoming very hard to afford to go to the football these days IMO....

So does anyone know if we will be able to book week to week this section or will it be sold off as reserved seating outside of those that take up the reserved seating option.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So for an extra $125 I now get what? A chance to get a Grand Final ticket if, we mange to get there again?

Another rip off of the punter just like the L2 reserved seating rip off.

And who wants to be as big as Collingwood? Just means it costs a fortune.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Gail!!! fear not the Jiggster hit the old Stuporannuation and paid up today!!!!!!! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
didzee
Club Player

just spoke to the club

due to popularity of area they are doing this.
if any left over will be available as per normal.
I get tix for up to 8 each week dont think they`ll be up for it.

Also glad this was posted because of rollover usually dont read all mempership brochure and would have missed this.
Would have thought contacting social club members over such a big change would not have been so hard.

Not freaking happy :evil:

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

didzee wrote:just spoke to the club

What they really mean is that they believe that they can sell it now.....

Looking after members, and particularly long-term SC members, is not a factor.

We are just fodder for extracting $$$ now. We are not members..we are customers of a football business that makes Banks look like models of customer foccused business!!

What Westaway really meant was $$$$ first and not footy First.

He came to power on the back of Members with the platform of looking after members. By action there has been little of that.

He and the new Board were meant to be "inclusive", but they are now just as "exclusive" as the old Board. In some ways they are more exclusive even. To get elected he pressed the flesh and painted himself as the members-man. Members-man he clearly is not.

Now Plugga will go blah blah that is great. But fact is, that it is not the platform that Westaway ran with to get elected.

I have been a SC Member for 3 decades..and it once was a Social Club.

More and more as benefits are peeled away it is just becoming a GF priority ticket Fee.

What the shortsighted Marketing staff are forgetting in their $$$$ grab, is when the wheel turns and the club is not likely to make a GF, that there will be no reason to remain a Social Club Member....as the only benefit they will have left is priority GF access in a year when that will not be realised.

I mean, F...me...there is not even a list of SC benefits on the Website anymore..or listed in the Membership Brochure. They are just relying on the fear of missing out on a GF ticket.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

We are just fodder for extracting $$$ now. We are not members..we are customers of a football business that makes Banks look like models of customer foccused business!!

He came to power on the back of Members with the platform of looking after members. By action there has been little of that.

He and the new Board were meant to be "inclusive", but they are now just as "exclusive" as the old Board. In some ways they are more exclusive even. To get elected he pressed the flesh and painted himself as the members-man. Members-man he clearly is not.

Now Plugga will go blah blah that is great. But fact is, that it is not the platform that Westaway ran with to get elected.

More and more as benefits are peeled away it is just becoming a GF priority ticket Fee.

What the shortsighted Marketing staff are forgetting in their $$$$ grab, is when the wheel turns and the club is not likely to make a GF, that there will be no reason to remain a Social Club Member....as the only benefit they will have left is priority GF access in a year when that will not be realised.

I mean, F...me...there is not even a list of SC benefits on the Website anymore..or listed in the Membership Brochure. They are just relying on the fear of missing out on a GF ticket.
Firstly I never said it was great but this is what happens when you become a bigger club. We want to be a bigger club and as we play at a medium sized venue they probably have to do this to satisfy people. Yes it isnt fair on long term social members but they have to make money when they can. it may be a short term approach but once we struggle people will drop off what ever the club have done for them previously. That is just how it works and I reckon the club would have data to show them that.

krabb
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

Absolutely correct...give the man a cigar!

Anyone here that thinks any Club actually gives a stuff about you or whether you'll turn up next year must have rocks in their heads.

All you are is a money making machine...and the sooner they can get hold of that money the more they can make out of you.

The carrot (at the moment) is fear of missing out in case they actually perform a miracle and win a GF...(but dont hold your breath folks)
and thats how they reel the sucker in.

Fast forward to when they slip down the bottom tho...(through crap drafting and short sightedness...and then wait for the syrupy emails to flow)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
We want to be a bigger club .
It would seem that you and the club have something in common.

That is the thought that "biggness' only comes through short term demand and extortion.

Long-term "biggness" to me would be better served and gained by adding "value" rather than just ripping off dollars "because you can" as there currently is demand.

The mistake that you and the club are falling for is that when you are solely relying fear driven GF demand...that when that lure of GF ticket is not as powerful that the "club membership' will collapse like a house of cords.

Much better would be to build the brand of the club...by ensuring that members value proposition is broad based and based on being a member.

Of fostering a "relationship"......rather than just be a ticket sale.

By the club narrowing it all down to a decision on ticket access they are weakening the Value Proposition.

People pay premiums, and stick through thick and thin when they belong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
We want to be a bigger club .
It would seem that you and the club have something in common.

That is the thought that "biggness' only comes through short term demand and extortion.

Long-term "biggness" to me would be better served and gained by adding "value" rather than just ripping off dollars "because you can" as there currently is demand.

The mistake that you and the club are falling for is that when you are solely relying fear driven GF demand...that when that lure of GF ticket is not as powerful that the "club membership' will collapse like a house of cords.

Much better would be to build the brand of the club...by ensuring that members value proposition is broad based and based on being a member.

Of fostering a "relationship"......rather than just be a ticket sale.

By the club narrowing it all down to a decision on ticket access they are weakening the Value Proposition.

People pay premiums, and stick through thick and thin when they belong.
Well I would say the mistake you are making is thinking the social club will still be full when we are poor because of the benefits the people receive. I suggest they historical data that shows people drop off when you are poor even if there are benefits. The answer to that is to make the money whilst you can. Maybe that doesnt seem the right thing to do but how many would complain in 5 years time when we will probably be down the bottom half and we cant get the right coaches to get back up the top. Or we have one recruiter instead of probably 3-4 like some clubs will have in 5 years time

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well I would say the mistake you are making is thinking the social club will still be full
You would be wrong.

I fully understand that the level will always wax and wain..

...however the way the club is going there will be no social club and that is my point.

It is die-ing and club is integral into killing it off.

Bit by bit, the things that made being a SC Member enjoyable are being stripped away. Most have gone. It is only a shadow of what it was.

The Club does not have 11500 SC Members. It has 11,500 GF Ticket Members.

Bit by bit the club is making GF ticket access the only difference.

Why be a SC Member with little other reason for belong? The club is only encouraging people to flood in and out when GF's are on the horizon.

They will make the drop-off larger....and in years to come they will wonder why no one wants to be a SC Member.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well I would say the mistake you are making is thinking the social club will still be full
You would be wrong.

I fully understand that the level will always wax and wain..

...however the way the club is going there will be no social club and that is my point.

It is die-ing and club is integral into killing it off.

Bit by bit, the things that made being a SC Member enjoyable are being stripped away. Most have gone. It is only a shadow of what it was.

The Club does not have 11500 SC Members. It has 11,500 GF Ticket Members.

Bit by bit the club is making GF ticket access the only difference.

Why be a SC Member with little other reason for belong? The club is only encouraging people to flood in and out when GF's are on the horizon.

They will make the drop-off larger....and in years to come they will wonder why no one wants to be a SC Member.

The social club is basically a donation for many people anyway. At the moment as you suggeted for probably half it is a GF ticket access and for many others it is a donation. There are some that expect something for it but I suggest the club would have all those stats. I would also suggest when we are down the bottom half in a few years the social club will revert to probably half full as it was 5 years ago. The club will then give some bonus to be a social club member and it will slightly increase until next time we are GF contender.

Unless you can show me stats that show when people got more we had more social club members then I think the arguement is a bit weak. I think the club need to make money while than can because we arent big enough to get by in poor times unless we have something in the bank.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

100% Spot On......Unfortunately :(

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

saintsRrising wrote:What the shortsighted Marketing staff are forgetting in their $$$$ grab, is when the wheel turns and the club is not likely to make a GF, that there will be no reason to remain a Social Club Member....as the only benefit they will have left is priority GF access in a year when that will not be realised.
Exactly.
Then we risk losing some of our "core" supporters when we most need them.

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

so will this mean I will no longer need to book my seat in SC area each week with this option? i can just turn up and sit in the same seat each week???

any news?

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:so will this mean I will no longer need to book my seat in SC area each week with this option? i can just turn up and sit in the same seat each week???

any news?
That would be a reserved seat.
also means you cannot change it.

If your neighbour is ok...could be ok.

If your neigbour is the guy that sat behind me at the last Home Game , you will have to grit your teeth for 11 games. His gf that talked non-stop about drivel the entire game as well will be delighful company.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:You guys want to be as big as the Pies and the Dons. This is what happens. I reckon good on the club, others may not think so.
Doesn't affect you, so you don't care.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:so will this mean I will no longer need to book my seat in SC area each week with this option? i can just turn up and sit in the same seat each week???

any news?
That would be a reserved seat.
also means you cannot change it.

If your neighbour is ok...could be ok.

If your neigbour is the guy that sat behind me at the last Home Game , you will have to grit your teeth for 11 games. His gf that talked non-stop about drivel the entire game as well will be delighful company.
so SC now = reserved seat but for extra cash?

hmm...is there any available info on this? how do we get seats allocated? hat happens to roll over members?.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:You guys want to be as big as the Pies and the Dons. This is what happens. I reckon good on the club, others may not think so.
Doesn't affect you, so you don't care.
I am a social club member but also AFL. Cant stand level one so always sit in level 3 where ever I can get so yes doesnt effect me. As for not caring, obviously not as I dont sit there.