BALL(S)!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

BALL(S)!

This morning I went for an appointment with the physio and saw Luke Ball in the carpark.

I wanted to spit in the cheap, lousy, SOB's face and call him every name in the book. Then it occurred to me that that would only be the type of act of a Filth fan and I can never find it within myself to sink to that type of level.

Instead, my heart just sunk as I walked past him, seeing him being congratulated by some fine looking broads.

Sometimes it sucks to be a Sainter :(
Last edited by Sainternist on Mon 04 Oct 2010 8:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

You could've at least dropped the shoulder when you went past :wink:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

J*sus I'm getting sick of all the "Monday experts" who ask "How could you let Ball go?"

The fact is he wanted more money and he demanded more game time. He didn't fit in to our plans or our salary cap anyway.

Where are all the people who at the start of the year said "How could you let Matt Maguire go?" He done five eighths of f*ck-all this year. I'd day that was a success!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Please answer me this, were we offered Wellingham at all....ever?

Because I keep hearing this, it's all getting a bit fuzzy now, but I thought he was offered to North as part of a deal for us to get Everitt?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Please answer me this, were we offered Wellingham at all....ever?

Because I keep hearing this, it's all getting a bit fuzzy now, but I thought he was offered to North as part of a deal for us to get Everitt?
i would say that what you believe is more accurate....the filth never offered us a player....afaia

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Please answer me this, were we offered Wellingham at all....ever?

we were offered wellingham

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:

Really?

I truly thought he was only offered to North, and that it's just turned into a bit of an urban legend that we could of had him?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Please don't fall for the idea that if we'd had Wellingham we would have won...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Please don't fall for the idea that if we'd had Wellingham we would have won...
I'm not, but I turned on the radio today and it was being said that we gave up Ball for nothing when we could of had Wellingham...I didn't think it was accurate?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

These people will say anything to make a name for themselves. David King is the worst! A meathead whose brain has been adversely affected by steroid abuse

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:

Don't think so

Offered to North ......North pick 25?

but Dogs wanted 20-21 pick

so knocked it back and fell through

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Today I have heard it from all of Nathan Thompson, Ox and Richardson on SEN....not maliciously, just allowed the Collingwood supporters to convince them it's fact now.

Truth is, Malthouse probably didn't want to improve St Kilda either.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:These people will say anything to make a name for themselves. David King is the worst! A meathead whose brain has been adversely affected by steroid abuse
Ohhh really???

I'd love to know more. He's high on my hate list.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:These people will say anything to make a name for themselves. David King is the worst! A meathead whose brain has been adversely affected by steroid abuse
Another made up story. Is it helping with the loss?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Ohhh really???

I can't back it up with evidence...just looks that way.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Ohhh really???

I can't back it up with evidence...just looks that way.
You mean you' ve seen his shrunken testicles !!!!!???? :lol:

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

You wish!

The guy is muscle-bound and his voice sounds very forced.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Ralphy wrote:

Don't think so

Offered to North ......North pick 25?

but Dogs wanted 20-21 pick

so knocked it back and fell through
That's what was widely reported this time last year (during Trade Week)
Collingwood offered him to NM for their pick 25/26 to give to us.
We didn't want that pick because WB demanded a pick in the top 22 (NM also had pick 22?).

We didn't want Wellingham - we wanted Everitt.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: BALL(S)!

Sainternist wrote:This morning I went for an appointment with the physio and saw Luke Ball in the carpark.

I wanted to spit in the cheap, lousy, SOB's face and call him every name in the book. Then it occurred to me that that would only be the type of act of a Filth fan and I can never find it within myself to sink to that type of level.

Instead, my heart just sunk as I walked past him, seeing him being congratulated by some fine looking broads.

maybe you could have just asked quietly- why did you really leave the saints Luke- when everyone says you didn't want to and you were offered a contract?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint Mik
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
Sainternist wrote:This morning I went for an appointment with the physio and saw Luke Ball in the carpark.

maybe you could have just asked quietly- why did you really leave the saints Luke- when everyone says you didn't want to and you were offered a contract?
He looked right at me in the gf parade as I was screaming "your a traitor" "shove your money up your arsze" and I hope you snap in half during the game" his head dropped and now I feel sick knowing he has that FARKING medal.

Geez I loved him and now I almost spew at the thought of him he is scum and a filthy one.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I know we are all supposed to have moved on, but I want to know, once and for all....what happened, why did he go?

Heard so much stuff...

Saint Mik
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I know we are all supposed to have moved on, but I want to know, once and for all....what happened, why did he go?

Heard so much stuff...
Did he stand up during a team meeting and have a crack at RL about his game plan and then got dropped for his efforts?

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
SainterK wrote:I know we are all supposed to have moved on, but I want to know, once and for all....what happened, why did he go?

Heard so much stuff...
Did he stand up during a team meeting and have a crack at RL about his game plan and then got dropped for his efforts?
I've heard that one too, something about publicly questioning a mathematically incorrect midfield plan on the whiteboard during a meeting?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Heard so much stuff...
I'll rehash what has been published and not refuted:-

-June/July 2009 - Ball is offered new 3 year deal for 1 million total. He was on a heavily back-ended deal in 2009 at 600-650k.

-July/August 2009 - Greg Denham in The Australian writes articles that Colingwood is interested in Ball and that they are prepared to pay him around 500k per season.

-Ball is 'dropped' a number of times.

-Ball is selected in all 3 finals we played.

- Ball starts GF in the middle but only plays about 50% tog

-Monday of Trade Week - BALL states- I want to go to Collingwood

- No trade is able to be done - Saints want what Pies will not offer.

- Saints reoffer Ball his 3 year deal.

- BALL rejects Saints offer and puts himself into the draft with a price of 500k per season

- Collingwood use Pick 30 on Luke Ball and give him a contracted 500k per season for 2 seasons with a third season to be negotiated.

- Along the way, people associated with Ball (not Luke as he refused to talk to anybody except Collingwood) made allegations about all sorts of reasons he wanted/needed to leave, none of which were Favourable to our Coach.

- Collingwood went out and 'sold their version' of events to their sycophantic media. At one stage Eddy Maguire adn Mick Malthouse both made comments that intimated our Captain was a Liar over this.

- The Luke Ball saga has now become an Urban Myth - he was picked up and forcibly removed from Moorabbin becasue teh Coach hated him.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

He looked right at me in the gf parade as I was screaming "your a traitor" "shove your money up your arsze" and I hope you snap in half during the game" his head dropped and now I feel sick knowing he has that FARKING medal.

Geez I loved him and now I almost spew at the thought of him he is scum and a filthy one.
I really thought you were going to finish that sentence with - 'and now I feel sick at how childishly I behaved - screaming that at a grown man, who has never done anything wrong to me or my family. All he did was make a decision about his footy career that I disagreed with.'

I lost a lot of respect for Luke Ball the way he left the saints. Over the course of the year though, and particularly the way he handled himself on GF day and after, I regained a lot of that respect.