Prelims - Our 3rd Q was as good as Collingwood's 1st Q

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cirra
Club Player

Prelims - Our 3rd Q was as good as Collingwood's 1st Q

I've found it really interesting that everyone keeps talking about Collingwood's awesome display last Friday night. IMHO was pretty much set up with a 7 goal first quarter. Yes, they did play pretty well in the second as well but the game felt over by then.

The main reason it felt like an all conquering display was the opposition. The Cats were deplorable and did not turn up at all.

On the flip side, our victory was not seen in the same light because of the first half. BUT - huge difference, we actually played an opposition that was having a crack. Well done to the Dogs who put their head over the ball and made a game of it.

Once we calmed down an relaxed our best footy was played in the 3rd term and we smashed them. Much like the Pies did in their first quarter.

So, with my rose coloured glasses on - our best is just as good and we saw it last week too.

"When we get back on November 5 and walk through that door, we're getting on a bus together and we're going down the road to a premiership. You're either on the bus or you get run over," Roo at the B&F 2007

In 2012, I'm still on the bus.
saint3d
Club Player

I agree 100%.

I've noticed a few times this year the Saints have gone into half time behind by not much in a low scoring game. Then in the second half the Saints put on a burst that wins the match.

I've been developing a theory that some teams can only win if they get in front and stay there. So the Saints will absorb everything including the kitchen sink, and steamroll the opposition in the second half.

This leads me to the conclusion that perhaps a 'good start' that everyone says is crucial every week, may not mean being four goals up at quarter time, but just having stifled the opposition's attack.

widereceiver
Club Player

I don't agree, the Pies totally demoralised their opponent on Friday night. I think we had breached their confidence a fortnight before.

Our third quarter, the championship quarter was as impressive as our first half was crap.

Saturday arvo, both teams start at 0.0.00.

They have beaten us once in six attempts.

I believe.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar