I am more confident now than ever!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I am more confident now than ever!

After feeling really angry and furious before with what Baker has received from the MRP, I am now feeling a real sense of us against them more than ever before, with everything that keeps happening to us this year. I just really feel that the more things that keep going against us the stronger we get and the more confident I feel that this will be the year for us. I almost want these things to keep happening, so we really keep our focus and win the whole thing in spite of everything and everyone.
I am more desperate than ever to see us win the flag this year and then we can stick it up everyone...If the players feel how I feel right now, we will not lose another game for the rest of the year! CARN THE MIGHTY BLOODY SAINTERS! They can keep trying to knock us down, but we will not be beaten and keep getting up and fighting until the job is done!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:33am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sean Dempster will be a good replacement for Bakes....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Sean Dempster will be a good replacement for Bakes....
I knew it...aliens set this whole thing up!

saintkid
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Sean Dempster will be a good replacement for Bakes....
Not so sure Dempster can do the job on the likes of Didak, Davis & Johnston to the level of Bakes.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

It is quite strange isn't it? I have had this eerie sense of calm ever since Roo went down. Can't say why, but I have been gaining more and more confidence every week. Last year I was never sure, hopeful, but never confident about the outcome at the end of the year.

I am not usually into conspiracy theories (except for umpires who have up until 6 weeks ago have left me scratching my head with some of the rulings we get on game day). However, there seems to be a real hatred for us and great joy everytime we face an issue or crisis. Seems to be more hatred generated towards us than Collingwood at the moment. If a St Kilda supporter dares mention it in the media, we are shouted down and told we are being paranoid. Perfect example tonight was Ox claiming that Milney brought the attention on himself last week and that he was at fault!! This has gone past paranoia. Just can't understand where the root of the problem lies. Did it start because GT was perceived as being a bit 'arrogant'?

Whatever the reason, instead of causing us to implode, it just makes us stronger which only causes certain sectors to try and throw more mud at us. Have they not learnt yet after we PUNISHED the Cats on Satuday night? Don't envy Melbourne on Sunday. :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I would suggest the umpires now have carte blanche to crucify us in the gf.
We need to fight this all the way.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: I am more confident now than ever!

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:After feeling really angry and furious before with what Baker has received from the MRP, I am now feeling a real sense of us against them more than ever before, with everything that keeps happening to us this year. I just really feel that the more things that keep going against us the stronger we get and the more confident I feel that this will be the year for us. I almost want these things to keep happening, so we really keep our focus and win the whole thing in spite of everything and everyone.
I am more desperate than ever to see us win the flag this year and then we can stick it up everyone...If the players feel how I feel right now, we will not lose another game for the rest of the year! CARN THE MIGHTY BLOODY SAINTERS! They can keep trying to knock us down, but we will not be beaten and keep getting up and fighting until the job is done!
Fantastic post! One of the posts of year for me! :D