The AGE and Saintsaitional.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The AGE and Saintsaitional.

Some of our own quoted.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 1#comments

Sorry if its been posted already.

What a s*** article too by the way.

St Michele
Club Player

I must say I was miffed at being quoted. I would have thoguht they would need permission to do so. What I wrote was to the saints supporters on here not the wider community.

:shock:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

yeah, thats the world of gutter crawling journalism for you. They can basically say what they like by linking information to a un named source. Or hide in bins, whatever takes their fancy.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

It really was lazy and sensaitional journalism. It seems to me that the standard of sports jounalism is going down the same path as the British press. I can just imagine all these little porkers running round looking for any little tidbit of info they can make into a scoop, and this was it. They did not have much substance so they used quotes on this site to add depth to there bullshyte stories.

I am almost dissapointed that I did not post anything they felt worthy of printing.

I love this club
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

They whinge and complain when they are lied to, but can you really blame players and clubs for trying to hide things? Today has proven that no matter how good are a reporter you claim to be (MARK ROBINSON), some will stoop to any means to get a story. Think you owe 1 or 2 parties a big fat apology.

I am going back to my ban of reading the sports section of the newspapers. It is funny how you feel so much calmer through the week between games. I don't need bumbling inept fools to point out that St Kilda haven't hit their straps yet. I go to the games, I can see it for myself and I certainly don't need to read their carp analysis!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:I must say I was miffed at being quoted. I would have thoguht they would need permission to do so. What I wrote was to the saints supporters on here not the wider community.

One of the unfortunate drawbacks of an 'anonymous' username, St Michele. Especially in a situation such as this.

Jimmy1972
Club Player

Yep, this is not right.

Things manipulated.

How they construct, not a story, but what they want from forums is a false interveiw based on mainly crap.

How do you stop this from happening :?:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:They whinge and complain when they are lied to, but can you really blame players and clubs for trying to hide things? Today has proven that no matter how good are a reporter you claim to be (MARK ROBINSON), some will stoop to any means to get a story. Think you owe 1 or 2 parties a big fat apology.

I am going back to my ban of reading the sports section of the newspapers. It is funny how you feel so much calmer through the week between games. I don't need bumbling inept fools to point out that St Kilda haven't hit their straps yet. I go to the games, I can see it for myself and I certainly don't need to read their carp analysis!
Yep, agree, I have have learnt it best to ignore the press, rarely read the age or HS craptorial as the quality of jurnos these days is poor, and today proved it. I hope the tossers will no longer complain about RL`s press conferances

I love this club
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:I must say I was miffed at being quoted. I would have thoguht they would need permission to do so. What I wrote was to the saints supporters on here not the wider community.

Unfortunatly since your comment (or post if you like) was recorded on a public forum for anyone to see so The Age, Sun and any other poor excuse for toilet paper with words on it can use and abuse it for their own ends.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Jimmy1972
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:

Unfortunatly since your comment (or post if you like) was recorded on a public forum for anyone to see so The Age, Sun and any other poor excuse for toilet paper with words on it can use and abuse it for their own ends.

BANG BANG
It is the worst thing i have seen in a few years, it is not right. Can anyone be held accountable as how can it be used as a quote etc.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Not happy with being quoted. The comment was meant for the forum only!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Interestingly they Stopped taking Comments'''''''' very quickly.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintTom
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:Interestingly they Stopped taking Comments'''''''' very quickly.
Haha I just read through them and had quite a laugh. Can't see a positive comment about the article in that entire lot, and some of them are very effectively putting the onus back on the author. Very amusing.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I love that quote from Disraeli!
He was witty, intelligent and courageous...like all true Sainters!

Another great line from him when heckled as a "f*lthy J*w" or words to that effect in Parliament by (I'm sorry to say) an Irish MP, he replied:

"Yes, Sir, I am a Jew. And when your ancestors were painting themselves blue, mine were priests in the Temple of Solomon."

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Michelle

Write a letter to the editor. You deserve the right to air your grievance.

Cheers
Mark

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.