Now we REALLY have to beat the Pies.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Now we REALLY have to beat the Pies.

Todays Herald Sun has an article saying that Scott Pendlebury says that " Bringing in luke has taken a bit of pressure off the guys who go through the midfield" and "Its probably taken a bit of pressure off him as well, KNOWING THERE ARE 10 TO 12 GUYS WILLING TO COP THE HITS AS WELL. HES NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TO DO IT."

FFS you piece of crap look at your pathetic attempt at roughing up the Saints.

Obviously Luke couldn't get regular games with us because he was the only one who could take a hit for the team.

Hope we strangle the life out of their game plan and Luke gets back to his 15 dodgy possies turning over when he kicks 8 meters to a contest.

At least their so busy blowing air up themselves that they will forget that most of their wins have been against ordinary teams.

The Craw
Club Player

I thought the sole reason for Luke Ball being recruited to the Fagpies was because their midfield was like a pack of schoolgirls outside the chemist…..they look the goods but won’t go in for the pill.

Not Craw, CRAW!
na exa
Club Player

they look the goods but won’t go in for the pill.
bwhahahahaha

:lol: classic.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Is he suggesting we are soft, maybe he should watch the replay. :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

One for the club noticeboard next time we play the Pies.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I really do try and not dislike other teams but its so hard when they keep giving me reasons! :roll:
Not hard to see from the game we played against them that our boys stood strong and threw themselves into winning.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Hope RL is reading this, pin it up on the wall

Heard Cometti make referance to ball saying that he got the right result and it was good to see good things happen for him

I would like to know if it would be the same if he went from the filth to any other team

I love this club
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I have no problem with Luke at Collingwood as he suits their rubbish game plan and would not get a game with us now. Good luck to him.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saintsfan
Club Player

I thought we beat them in round whatever it was.

But that aside, Collingwood are coming across much like Footscray with the idea that they will always beat us next time but never do.

The Saintsfan Cometh
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Someone (with more motivation than me) should forward that on to the club with a little cover letter explaining some of our angst .....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's funny because the supporters just gobble this stuff up, it may be a dig at the Saints, but the Collingwood faithful will take it as gospel...

I may offend some Luke Ball fans on here by saying this, thought that's not really my intention, but I can't help but feel that Luke likes to be publicly endorsed and praised by his coach and team mates?

St Kilda's culture these days is far more team orientated, with the individuality / pedastool mentality long removed.

I think that is very important to him, and was perhaps one of the expectations that Ross couldn't meet?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:I thought we beat them in round whatever it was.

But that aside, Collingwood are coming across much like Footscray with the idea that they will always beat us next time but never do.

Footscray always say that, and so do the filth, hasnt happened for a while accept iin the who cares cup

I love this club
Solar
Saintsational Legend

love this time of the year, wher the pies go through their "exciting" period and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. They go on about all this DEPTH they have in their seconds but a closer look will show that most of them a vets who would not improve them. Right now thy are playing to their limits IMO and talking big. Only problem is that they don't give out flags for wins in may. Otherwise we would have won the 2009 flag .....

anyway talk them up anyway you can, get the pies supporters exited and demanding things. Because when the heat comes on later in the year it will fall apart.

BTW my call on the dogs struggling to make the 8 just might come true :P

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Pies are crap and MM will be replaced by Buckley before mid season.

older saint
SS Life Member

Pies are flat track bullies and MM is spending every living moment talking up Ball whihc says to me he is mentally fragile and needs positive reinforcement to perform.
Perenial June premiers

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Saw them play live on Sunday and save for the goals Ball kicked (which were uncharateristically good for a player who has struggled to kick goals in recent years) he had no impact on the game as per usual. I too find it strange why MM insists on pumping up his tyres at every opportunity. If Dane Swan had played the same game as Ball then no-one would have said much. It's all very strange I reckon.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Saw them play live on Sunday and save for the goals Ball kicked (which were uncharateristically good for a player who has struggled to kick goals in recent years) he had no impact on the game as per usual. I too find it strange why MM insists on pumping up his tyres at every opportunity. If Dane Swan had played the same game as Ball then no-one would have said much. It's all very strange I reckon.

It seems that the filth, and certain media commenators are to keen to pump up ball, maybe in a way to cover the fact that he may not be as good as they expected.

I love this club
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:Saw them play live on Sunday and save for the goals Ball kicked (which were uncharateristically good for a player who has struggled to kick goals in recent years) he had no impact on the game as per usual. I too find it strange why MM insists on pumping up his tyres at every opportunity. If Dane Swan had played the same game as Ball then no-one would have said much. It's all very strange I reckon.
One was a regulation snap. One was a very good crumb off hands, one was a absolute floater that would have been back over his head in a nano second if it was a field kick.

Saintsfan
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:
One was a regulation snap. One was a very good crumb off hands, one was a absolute floater that would have been back over his head in a nano second if it was a field kick.
They still were goals and one should not take anything away from him.

If Luke Ball was our new recruit we were probably pump him up a little too.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Moods
Saintsational Legend

They were regulation for Milne, but uncharacteristically good for Ball though. In 04/05 Ball was a great goal kicker - since then he has struggled to hit the scoreboard, so in this aspect it was a good game from him I reckon.

Also someone said in a press article that his kicking appears to have more penetration. Absolute rubbish. If he kicks the ball further than Tony Shaw did I would be surprised. He mustn't have any power at all left through his hips, b/c he's a strong young man. THis is where much of the speed comes from as well (hips/buttocks) so the O.P. has killed him as a player. Very curious as to how Judd has managed to come back and regain his speed but Ball hasn't though?

Quixote
SS Life Member

I'm glad they've said that.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
yipper
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:They were regulation for Milne, but uncharacteristically good for Ball though. In 04/05 Ball was a great goal kicker - since then he has struggled to hit the scoreboard, so in this aspect it was a good game from him I reckon.

Also someone said in a press article that his kicking appears to have more penetration. Absolute rubbish. If he kicks the ball further than Tony Shaw did I would be surprised. He mustn't have any power at all left through his hips, b/c he's a strong young man. THis is where much of the speed comes from as well (hips/buttocks) so the O.P. has killed him as a player. Very curious as to how Judd has managed to come back and regain his speed but Ball hasn't though?
I actually think Ball has a poor technique when kicking that nobbles him substantially. Good kicks have a technique that is similar to a golf swing - i.e. maximum power at the right time. Ball kicks like me - no timing and hence very little power when he connects with the ball. OP may have contributed to this - as he was a pretty good kick at one stage, but never a prodigously good kick ala Judd or Hodge!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Thomas
Club Player

Moods wrote: speed comes from as well (hips/buttocks) so the O.P. has killed him as a player. Very curious as to how Judd has managed to come back and regain his speed but Ball hasn't though?

Maybe steroids?

What am I talking about there is no drugs in AFL, just ask Dimwit and Ando. :evil:

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thomas wrote:
Moods wrote: speed comes from as well (hips/buttocks) so the O.P. has killed him as a player. Very curious as to how Judd has managed to come back and regain his speed but Ball hasn't though?

Maybe steroids?

What am I talking about there is no drugs in AFL, just ask Dimwit and Ando. :evil:
Yes because OP is the same for every player.