Fair bet that St Kilda's Salary Cap will be investigated

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philip
Club Player

Fair bet that St Kilda's Salary Cap will be investigated

Given Brian Waldron has been implicated by the NRL and now SEN for his alleged role in the salary cap rorting, it is a fair bet that additional scrutiny will now be placed on the Saints player payement/contracts while he was our CEO.

Expect there to be stories on this and on us in the papers over coming days.

I'm hoping like hell we are ok, because I have that many Carlton friends who will only be too happy to return my jibes with interest!!!

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fair bet that St Kilda's Salary Cap will be investigated

philip wrote:Given Brian Waldron has been implicated by the NRL and now SEN for his alleged role in the salary cap rorting, it is a fair bet that additional scrutiny will now be placed on the Saints player payement/contracts while he was our CEO.

Expect there to be stories on this and on us in the papers over coming days.

I'm hoping like hell we are ok, because I have that many Carlton friends who will only be too happy to return my jibes with interest!!!

philip
The AFL have investigated us a number of times over the past few years over our TPP and third party/Investment schemes.

They have been satisfied that everything we've been doing is o.k.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I guess its good we didnt win any premierships to have taken away :)

Before Im 85
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Alreay mooted by the warblers on SEN.

Thought our SC's had been pretty extensively investigated.

The bonus is that it over 5 years ago, and unless we are as dumb as Carlotn who sent the auditors the wrong set of books or the Storm who left them lying about the office, it would be hard to lay anything on the Saints if they were over the cap.

I wouldn't be that worried.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
philip
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Alreay mooted by the warblers on SEN.

The bonus is that it over 5 years ago, and unless we are as dumb as Carlotn who sent the auditors the wrong set of books or the Storm who left them lying about the office, it would be hard to lay anything on the Saints if they were over the cap.

Joffa

The time lag didnt save Carlton and as for the two sets of books issue, greater scrutiny will include trawling through bank statements to see what went into players accounts and going through it that way.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:

Joffa

The time lag didnt save Carlton and as for the two sets of books issue, greater scrutiny will include trawling through bank statements to see what went into players accounts and going through it that way.

philip
Understood, but that would be the minimium that an auditor would do or would have done.

Pretty easy to spot anomolies in payables and the Bank Account.

Maybe the books (or the second set) have been archived :D :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

nah, well be right. dont panic.

s*** watching the news. listening to the radio, if this happened in the AFL, the world may actually end.

philip
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
philip wrote:

Joffa

philip
Understood, but that would be the minimium that an auditor would do or would have done.

i'm glad you have more faith in auditors than i do :) and we've both worked with them...hahahaha

philip

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
philip wrote:

Joffa

philip

i'm glad you have more faith in auditors than i do :) and we've both worked with them...hahahaha

philip
lol - I have faith in the incompetence of Auditors :wink:

Really as plugger66 said - burn the second set of books NOW :D :D

Lance or James??

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

They'd have to investigate Richmond too then?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
philip
Club Player

saint66au wrote:They'd have to investigate Richmond too then?
you can be sure of it Michael.

philip

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Crikey...

That would be value...

Richmond rorting the salary cap at ANY stage in the last twenty years.

lols

AlpineStars
Club Player

Hope they don't take all our premierships off us,

Wake me up when September ends.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Would they strip us of our wooden spoon from 2000?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Investigate us for what? How many of our current players, coaches, board were at the club a decade or so ago? Drawing a long bow to suggest what happened at the Strom will have any implications for the St Kilda FC.

bozza1980
Club Player

degruch wrote:Investigate us for what? How many of our current players, coaches, board were at the club a decade or so ago? Drawing a long bow to suggest what happened at the Strom will have any implications for the St Kilda FC.
Try 5 years ago.

Waldron left the saints to join the Storm.

For Waldron it's a sad way for your career in sports management to come to an end.

I still can't get my head around the fact that if you had a second set of player payments why this second set would be anywhere near a pre arranged visiting salary cap investigator.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

The AFL have announced that Richmond have been systematically breaching the salary cap for the last five years and are being stripped of two ninth-placed finishes and a wooden spoon. Also, they will be stripped of all their premiership points so far won this season, and won't be able to win accrue any more.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

lol maybe thats why sportsbet paid out on the wooden spoon soo soon they had inside knowledge

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
degruch wrote:Investigate us for what? How many of our current players, coaches, board were at the club a decade or so ago? Drawing a long bow to suggest what happened at the Strom will have any implications for the St Kilda FC.
Try 5 years ago.

For Waldron it's a sad way for your career in sports management to come to an end.

I still can't get my head around the fact that if you had a second set of player payments why this second set would be anywhere near a pre arranged visiting salary cap investigator.
Well, I know we've been investigated during that time. Seems if they were stupid enough to leave a second book laying around, it would have turned up at St Kilda too.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote: I still can't get my head around the fact that if you had a second set of player payments why this second set would be anywhere near a pre arranged visiting salary cap investigator.
this.

It is unbelievable, the stupidity of the fraudsters is incredible.

Lance or James??

bozza1980
Club Player

degruch wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:
Try 5 years ago.

Well, I know we've been investigated during that time. Seems if they were stupid enough to leave a second book laying around, it would have turned up at St Kilda too.
I would be mortified if we were found to have done anything similalrly blatant.

That said the Storm have been regularly investigated throughout the last 5 years and ironically have been fined for salary cap breaches in their "clean" books.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Didn't we get Goddard because of Carlton cheating. Would be kind of ironic.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

When did Waldron leave. Wasnt it about 2006. Even though we were a good side back then I doubt we would have been 100% of the cap because we were young. They would have needed room as the players got older and wanted more money. Hopefully everything is Ok but of course we should be investigated as should the Tigers. If we cheated we deserve what we get.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:When did Waldron leave. Wasnt it about 2006. Even though we were a good side back then I doubt we would have been 100% of the cap because we were young. They would have needed room as the players got older and wanted more money. Hopefully everything is Ok but of course we should be investigated as should the Tigers. If we cheated we deserve what we get.
Archie was there in 2006. Must have been 2005 at the latest.

Lance or James??

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bozza1980 wrote: I still can't get my head around the fact that if you had a second set of player payments why this second set would be anywhere near a pre arranged visiting salary cap investigator.
this.

It is unbelievable, the stupidity of the fraudsters is incredible.
not really apparantly there was a whistle blower so they knew where to look