Go Sainters New Orleans style

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

58ter
Club Player

Go Sainters New Orleans style

its in the bag

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WHO DAT????

:D :D :D

Will wear my No.26 NO Jersey to the intra club on Friday.

Duece McAllister should have been there :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Are they celebrating 'New Orleans' style?

Beads and flashing?? :shock:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Good to see them get up! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

oneHD full replay including FULL after match celebrations at 6pm

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I am going to have dig here, but to all you soccer fans, see what happens when you have a competition with a salary cap and draft, every team has a chance to be champions, not just two or three or whoever can get the biggest billionaire to finance them.
10 years ago both the Colts and Saints we're no hoper teams, so we're the Cardinals and a lot more.
In the years to come you will see the Jets, the Lions and the Bengals, hell maybe even the Browns get up.
having the rules in place like the NFL and AFL it takes good management and good recruiting to have a great team, not the richest.
FIFA are just a bunch of rich ignorant men with their heads in the sand if they can't see the disaster that is coming for soccer and trust me it's coming because it cannot sustain itself the way it is going.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

As I said on the other post, wouldn't you love to be in Bourbon Street tonight.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:I am going to have dig here, but to all you soccer fans, see what happens when you have a competition with a salary cap and draft, every team has a chance to be champions, not just two or three or whoever can get the biggest billionaire to finance them.
10 years ago both the Colts and Saints we're no hoper teams, so we're the Cardinals and a lot more.
In the years to come you will see the Jets, the Lions and the Bengals, hell maybe even the Browns get up.
having the rules in place like the NFL and AFL it takes good management and good recruiting to have a great team, not the richest.
FIFA are just a bunch of rich ignorant men with their heads in the sand if they can't see the disaster that is coming for soccer and trust me it's coming because it cannot sustain itself the way it is going.
and the A League :)

chook23
Saintsational Legend

How can I get excited about the wrong saints winning....... :cry:

but good luck to them

hope we can have that feeling one day. (listening to the celebrations)

saint4life
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Cowboy does the A League have any rules regarding recruitment?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Hey Cowboy does the A League have any rules regarding recruitment?
Not from what I've seen in the last few weeks. They've redefined bush league with their mid season transfer efforts. Shambles doesn't begin to describe the recent transfer.

But more importantly...

THE CLUB MUST WARN PROSPECTIVE ATTENDEES AT THE INTRA-CLUB THAT THE FORUMS RESIDENT MAN CHILD WILL BE WANDERING AROUND IN A MESH TOP WITH A 26 ON THE BACK.

Please wear something under it JB.

saintm
Club Player

Can't really discuss the intricacies of the game with you as I have never taken the time to understand it - but I do hope the AFL consider introducing those lycra pants as part of team uniforms 8-) :oops:

p.s. thank you to all of those "grid-iron" fans who have shared their knowledge on here over the past couple of weeks. Having watched the Superbowl on and off over several years I at least knew a little about who was involved this year.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im still wondering when the saints got that touchdown and then instead of kicking the point afterwards they went for another touchdown play but its not called a touchdown???
whats all that?
did they get two points? (cant remember)

i had no idea what was going on then :?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:im still wondering when the saints got that touchdown and then instead of kicking the point afterwards they went for another touchdown play but its not called a touchdown???
whats all that?

Conversion after the TD - can kick for one extra point or go for a touchdown and get two points (one down only).

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:im still wondering when the saints got that touchdown and then instead of kicking the point afterwards they went for another touchdown play but its not called a touchdown???
whats all that?

Second TD after the first you get an extra point, took them from 6 to 7 up, and made the Colts force the play resulting in the pick off and the 70 yard return for the winner.

Oh how I love dem Saints :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
whats all that?

Second TD after the first you get an extra point, took them from 6 to 7 up, and made the Colts force the play resulting in the pick off and the 70 yard return for the winner.

Oh how I love dem Saints :D
No, it actually took them from 5 points to 7 points up.

You get one point by kicking the conversion, or you can go for a two point conversion by getting the ball into the end zone, in one down, from the two yard line, which is what they did.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:I am going to have dig here, but to all you soccer fans, see what happens when you have a competition with a salary cap and draft, every team has a chance to be champions, not just two or three or whoever can get the biggest billionaire to finance them.
I hate to say this but...the NFL salary cap will be a thing of the past from next season. The new CBA being discussed will exclude a salary cap. Jerry Jones, the Dallas Cowboys owner, is already building a war chest. Thats seriously bad news for the saints and colts and all the other smaller teams

Sainterman
Club Player

I liked the "Hell Is Frozen" sign someone was holding up at the victory celebration! Always good to see Saints winning!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I just hope this means, its the years of the saints !!!
What a great story to hear of a team that has never won a Superbowl before, come up and win.

Hopefully the saintly cheer spreads all the way till that last Saturday in September.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Can someone explainto me the reasonings behind that "onside kick" or whatever it was called that turned the game after 1/2 time? Just when you think you've got 1/2 a grip on the rules they throw that in!

Also noticed the apparent lack of hardcore fans of either side in the crowd. When Tipper (?) made that intercept and ran down for what was obviously gonna be the TD that decided the game..they showed the odd fan or two hi-fiving..but where were the bays of harcore fans going nuts that even the AFL manage to put into our Grand Final?

Does anyone wear the team colours over there? The crowd seemed mostly in civvies..with the odd scarf or jacket. Where was the sea of Colts blue?

..and lastly..wtf is with the 500 people who can stand on the sidelines????lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The stadium holds 75,000. The cheapest ticket is $US1,000. Only 17,000 tickets are available to the competing teams. I wonder who the AFL copies.

In regard to the onside kick, at the start of a half or after a score one team must kick the ball into play. Generally the ball is kicked up the other end as far as possible, and the receiving team takes possession.
An onside kick is where the ball is kicked into the ground within 10 yards of the kickoff. If the ball travels 10 yards or is touched by the opposition the kicking team are able to take possession.
In this case the ball was kicked into the ground and touched but not recovered by a Colt. The Saints did recover the ball, shattered the Colts plans, scored a touchdown and won the game. QED.

The sidelines are occupied by the two teams, 44 players each plus coaches.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Can someone explainto me the reasonings behind that "onside kick" or whatever it was called that turned the game after 1/2 time? Just when you think you've got 1/2 a grip on the rules they throw that in!

Also noticed the apparent lack of hardcore fans of either side in the crowd. When Tipper (?) made that intercept and ran down for what was obviously gonna be the TD that decided the game..they showed the odd fan or two hi-fiving..but where were the bays of harcore fans going nuts that even the AFL manage to put into our Grand Final?

Does anyone wear the team colours over there? The crowd seemed mostly in civvies..with the odd scarf or jacket. Where was the sea of Colts blue?

..and lastly..wtf is with the 500 people who can stand on the sidelines????lol
Onside kick is usually used late in the 4th qtr. I have never seen an onside kick after a half and most certainly never in a Superbowl.

For example Colts down 31-17 with 1 min 30 secs to go. They needed to score and then onside kick to regain posession to have a crack at tieing the game.

The reason it isn't used much is because the game is all about yardage, you usually want to make the opposition offence begin their drives from about their twenty yard line. An onside kick needs to be able to be regained by your team so it is a shallow grubber type kick, if the other team get it they have great field position (about 40 to 45 yards from your end zone).

the truly gutsy thing about the onside kick is that
1) Saints down 10-6
2) It is a Superbowl
3) If Colts gain the ball in good field position M<anning probably converts and Saints are 17-6 down.

As it turned out Saints score a TD and are up 13-10.

Payton the Saints coach, coached the gutiest game I have ever witnessed probably in any game of NFL football.

Down 10-3, goes for 4th and 1 and is stopped. Usually kick for FG for the 3 points. Saints stop the Colts with 46 seconds of the half and convert the FG anyway 10-6

Onside kick - unherad of after half time (Tommy must have inspired them, :wink: ), get the ball, put the Colts back on their heels and score the TD.

Fourth qtr, Saints take a 5 point lead with a TD, instead of taking the extra point and only being 6 points in front (so vunerable to a TD and conversion) go for the two point conversion - again you hardly ever see this come off. They had already been stopped on the 1 yard line a couple of times, but Payton calls the play, and the Saints manages (just to get the extra point).

Those three calls in one game, in the Superbowl no less is an extraordinary feat of coaching. Gutsy. Fortune favours the brave.

So then we have the Saints 7 points up and the Colts have to score a converted TD to tie.

Saints blitz the quarterback who has to throw downfield quickly to avoid the sack, throws to a reciever on his heels and the pick takse place and a 70 yard return for the game.

Oh and the Superbowl is like the AFL GF, many neutrals watching (it is always in a neutral city).

the people on the sidelines are the teams. remember there are about 50 on each team, add in team officials, doctors, waterboys, etc plus NFL officials and media and there is a whole bunch on each side (plus more in the stands - did you see the coaches cover their faces? Teams employ lip readers to read coachs plays being relayed).
Hope that helps.

WHO DAT.

Lance or James??

bigred
Saintsational Legend

He coached with complete belief in his team.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

How long did this 60 minute game go for?

Was it the normal 3.5 hours?

Talk about a lot of time-on eh?