Membership Packs...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

Membership Packs...

Just got an email from the club that the 2010 packs have arrived and are being distributed.

Interesting that they state we have 25,000 members already.

Can some one compare to this time last year?

I'd be dissapointed if we didn't at least break 37-38,000 this year.

Cheers. :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Anyone got their's yet?

Facebook said they should arrive last friday....but ive nothing yet.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Re: Membership Packs...

Milton66 wrote:Just got an email from the club that the 2010 packs have arrived and are being distributed.

I understand we are about 5000 up on this time last year. Even so, Id be staggered if we got to 37K.

And on the mem packs, why the hell cant they send the scarfs out with them?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Just got an email from the club that the 2010 packs have arrived and are being distributed.

a few days ago in the age it had all the clubs current members, and this time last year.
hawks are down a lot, we are up about 4-5,000, north i dont think have hit the 13,000 mark yet...
everyone is roughly the same except us (higher) hawks and north (lower)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ill check the p.o.box on the way to work Image

asiu

they forced thousands of us to join early

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:

a few days ago in the age it had all the clubs current members, and this time last year.
hawks are down a lot, we are up about 4-5,000, north i dont think have hit the 13,000 mark yet...
That cant be right. If north arent even at 13K, they are as good as dead in the medium term.

Hawks musnt be signing up pets and family garden gnomes this year.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:

I understand we are about 5000 up on this time last year. Even so, Id be staggered if we got to 37K.

correct me if im wrong, but they send them out to members outside vic/aust? people in vic collect them at the game, this gives people no option but to go to a game if they want their scarf

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

lol, nice one. There must be a few thousand of those as official hawthorn members.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:

they forced thousands of us to join early
a lot of SC a result of cut off in Dec. or miss being a Social Club member

this would be most of the increase on same time last year..........

when memb. numbers settle will be interesting see how many more this year.

saint4life
Milton66
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:

Why staggered? Given our results last year, surely an extra 5000 is possible. Or do you think it would be an under achievement?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

s***. Thats not what I wanted to hear !! :evil: :evil:

I thought we were genuinly thousands up and heading for a record. A bit misleading and mischievous. Disappointing.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

That cant be right. If north arent even at 13K, they are as good as dead in the medium term.

Hawks musnt be signing up pets and family garden gnomes this year.
i actually still have the paper here

in 2009 north had a total of 28,340 members, mid way through Jan 2010 they have 12,898 members.
Hawthorn had a total of 52,496 members in 2009, they currently have 39,279 (not bad now i think about it)
Carlton had 42,408 in 2009, and now have 20,102
Collingwood had 45,972 in 2009, and now have 40,061
Richmond had 36,981 in 2009 and now have 19,624
Geelong had 37,160 and now have 20,373
St. Kilda had 31,906 and now have 25,029

*when i say 'now' i mean when this paper was printed (24/01/10) so i guess everyone (except north) would have 300-700 more than that by now

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Milton66 wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:

Why staggered? Given our results last year, surely an extra 5000 is possible. Or do you think it would be an under achievement?
Well I would have thought closer to 40k. However, it now seems the club may be being shifty with the figures if the posts re the SC veing forced to renew early are true.

Batnoe

Whether we are ahead or behind etc etc it doenst really matter, u must look at new members

I read somewhere we have about 4000 new members currently signed and i guess another 1000 new ones will join from now until mid season if we play well at a minumum. If we had 33000 last year and we have 4000 new, that means about 12000 of last years members havent signed up yet

So assuming each of last years members sign up we could hit 37 or 38k but chances of everyone signing up again is very rare so we should aim for 35k...

I know we have about 20000 members from years gone past that havent re signed from the first time they did so potentially we could go a lot more

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Also factor in the payment plans which were an added option that I believe were put in place (IIRC) last year. Much easier to roll over for members and the club, meaning that the club already knows these members are continuing (SC or not) as opposed to those who wait until march to purchase.

Even factoring in those two things though, you'd think that St Kilda ought to have a bump in memberships this year, much like the Hawks did last year... if not quite to the degree.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintnick12
Club Player

Do the three game members count? I always thought they didn't, but looking at Hawthorn's number and the fact that they play a couple of games (or is it 4?) a year in Tassie, they may have lots of three game members in that figure.

Was looking our site earlier and saw that we now have a three game membership. I think I will sign my partner up for that this year. He indentifies now as a saints supporter (I have successfully converted him from his childhood team, which he wasn't very attached to anyway..lol. He follows us, but doesn't like to come to games...averages one or two a year. I have been threatening to sign him up as a member for years but we can't really afford the $180 for an adult membership which then is essentially a donation. I think I will buy him the three game one. At $75 (7.50 pm on the plan), I think we can afford that :wink:.
If he comes to two games for the year that would cost us nearly $40 anyway, so I think I will try and talk him into that. Don't know if it will count as another member. Interesting it says in the booket still able to buy finals tickets (excluding GF of course as you need sc).

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Do the three game members count? I always thought they didn't, but looking at Hawthorn's number and the fact that they play a couple of games (or is it 4?) a year in Tassie, they may have lots of three game members in that figure.

Was looking our site earlier and saw that we now have a three game membership. I think I will sign my partner up for that this year. He indentifies now as a saints supporter (I have successfully converted him from his childhood team, which he wasn't very attached to anyway..lol. He follows us, but doesn't like to come to games...averages one or two a year. I have been threatening to sign him up as a member for years but we can't really afford the $180 for an adult membership which then is essentially a donation. I think I will buy him the three game one. At $75 (7.50 pm on the plan), I think we can afford that :wink:.
If he comes to two games for the year that would cost us nearly $40 anyway, so I think I will try and talk him into that. Don't know if it will count as another member. Interesting it says in the booket still able to buy finals tickets (excluding GF of course as you need sc).
i remember at around round 8 last year collingwood were advertising they have 1 game memberships. i dont know if they count, if they do thats pretty stingy. a 1 game membership i doubt would be much more than $35 for an adult, it would cost the club more to make the card, print the name on it, print the bumper sticker and mail it out

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Regardless, I think we are doing extremely well for this early in the year.....

SaintHomer
Club Player

matrix wrote:Image
i got the saints one (minus the beard) for my bday last year. it sits at the end of our pool, over looking proceedings. every time i take my little 1 year old daughter for a swim, she always says hello to him.

no prizes in guessing his name.... harvey.

its adorable when she says "hi harves"

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:Do the three game members count? I always thought they didn't, but looking at Hawthorn's number and the fact that they play a couple of games (or is it 4?) a year in Tassie, they may have lots of three game members in that figure.

i remember at around round 8 last year collingwood were advertising they have 1 game memberships. i dont know if they count, if they do thats pretty stingy. a 1 game membership i doubt would be much more than $35 for an adult, it would cost the club more to make the card, print the name on it, print the bumper sticker and mail it out
I was under the impression that one games don't count, but three games do?

I think our membership will also improve because of the draw, lots of Friday and Saturday footy that people are able to get to.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The early membership figures would be well up for a couple of reasons

1. The December cut-off for Social Club & Reserved Seats

2. The Rollover memberships becoming more popular

I read that we are 3,400 up on this time last year which is good. It will look even better if we can keep our drop-off rate well below the 5% average !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

loris
Saintsational Legend

There is an article in today's Australian quoting Michael Nettefold stating that 26,000 have already signed up, 7000 up on the corresponding time last year. He states that about 13% of that figure are new members.

Nettleford stated that they had budgeted for 36,000 now hoping to head for 40,000.

Article also says up 1000 on children's membership.
Reserved seating is up 16% on same time last year, and social club all but sold out (?)

Article also mentions the $800,000 payment AFL compensated us for poor home games as we were the most severely affected tenant at Etihad Stadium. Seemms we will be at least $300,000 better off in 2010 with the new MCG & Etihad Stadium deals.

So members are doing the right thing, Saints Board &AFL has got us better deals now it's up to the Team & Coaches to bring the bacon home for us long suffering supporters :P :P

Ooops that might be not PC :oops: :oops: :oops: could offend some religious groups......... s'pose the Holy Grail does too :? :? :? . Maybe it's just the premiership cup we want eh :wink: