Are we in black shorts this week???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ashjam
Club Player

Are we in black shorts this week???

Can someone answer this for me?
I notice that Collingwood were the home team against Adelaide and wore white shorts.
Geelong also finished above Bulldogs in week 1 of the finals yet Bulldogs wore blue shorts and Geelong wore away (white) shorts!
I don't understand how this works....please someone tell me we are in black shorts for the prelim?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I hope so........................and........your avatar is a bit too large !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

we will be in black shorts, dogs in white.
but...i dont see why we cant both wear the home shorts. royal blue never has and never will clash with black.
but that wont happen, the only team that gets away with wearing the home shorts every week is sydney.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
BaysideSaint
Club Player

ashjam.
could you do us all a favour and reduce the size of your avatar man.

ashjam
Club Player

Sorry guys....have deleted image!
Can someone please confirm officially that we are in black shorts this week??
I know we all got an official confirmation on here that we were wearing home strip against Collingwood which included what rooms we were in and time of entry on to the ground....would love that again!
Thanks

BaysideSaint
Club Player

ashjam wrote:Sorry guys....have deleted image!
Can someone please confirm officially that we are in black shorts this week??
I know we all got an official confirmation on here that we were wearing home strip against Collingwood which included what rooms we were in and time of entry on to the ground....would love that again!
Thanks
we wear what we want.
one would believe that that would be black shorts, yes.
WBD may wear their blue shorts, however they may be forced to wear their predominanly white strip.
either way, yeah. nothing official but STK will be in black shorts.

ashjam
Club Player

Bono put this information out before the Collingwood game.....
Bono wrote:From the AFL:

St Kilda - Northern Stand Dressing Room 2
*****Home Guernsey / Black Shorts / Home Socks*****
Team Entry – 2.29pm

Collingwood - Northern Stand Dressing Room 1
*****Clash Guernsey / White Shorts / Home Socks*****
Team Entry – 2.26pm
Any chance for the same info for this week please Bono???

Batnoe

Our home game

we wear our home uniform

black shorts and normal tri stripe

Bulldogs could possibly wear either as they wont clash but may wear their white

ashjam
Club Player

Batnoe.....I agree with the thought process.....then tell me why Collingwood wore white shorts against the Crows on Saturday night....and why Geeelong wore white shorts against the Bulldogs in the Qualifiying Final???
I want us in black shorts this week....we look tougher and meaner and at home!!!
Can someone please confirm officially instead of saying we wear what we want etc because we wear what the AFL tell us to wear!
Thanks

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i think the doggies would clash more in the clash jumper
royal blue will never clash with red white and black.
they will wear the white shorts and home jumper like they have for many years when they play us in an away game.

but can i just ask why it matters who wears what shorts? i just want to win, couldnt care less if we are wearing boxers

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

have called the club and the AFL has not told them their uniform yet, but it is confirmed we are down the Ponsford end this week.

ashjam
Club Player

Does anyone have any news on this yet please???

benengel14
Club Player

Out of curiousity: why the need to know? I didn't know betting markets had opened up on what uniform the players run out with...

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:Does anyone have any news on this yet please???
ashjam. please trust me on this one. we will be home jumper and black shorts, and the doggies will be home jumper and white shorts. it really doesnt matter what we wear, but please trust me, we will be black shorts they will be white.

oneteam
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
ashjam wrote:Does anyone have any news on this yet please???
ashjam. please trust me on this one. we will be home jumper and black shorts, and the doggies will be home jumper and white shorts. it really doesnt matter what we wear, but please trust me, we will be black shorts they will be white.
I have heard we are in home jumper.

Not sure what colour shorts or socks. ( i dont care about the shorts colour anyway> Main thing is hme jumper. Would expect the dogs to sear home jumper too)).

Bono
Club Player

Both teams are in their home jumpers. We are wearing white shorts, they are wearing blue.

And we run onto the ground second.

ashjam
Club Player

Thanks Bono.
Why the hell are we in away shorts for this game????

ace
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:Thanks Bono.
The Bulldogs are so cash strapped they have been unable to do the laundry on their white shorts.
They need to wear their unwashed blue ones yet again.
Hope the stink of their shorts does not cause our guys to reduce the tackle count.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
oneteam
Club Player

ashjam wrote:Thanks Bono.
who really cares. we are in a prelim, and positioned as good as we could be. the players dont give a toss. some perspective is needed on issues like this.