Social Club Membership - Only 1000 spots left!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Social Club Membership - Only 1000 spots left!

Our family just joined up and I was told that there is about a 1,000 spots left and after that any new supporters will be placed on a waiting list.

I am paying ours off per month @ $11.36 per member

But seeing I have joined late, I had to pay $68.16 up front per member.

But next year, all it should cost is $11.36 a month a member

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Batnoe

I finally booked our accomodation for grand final week... Thought i would get in early as it will be cheaper than doing it the week before- Am already a social member, so if we dont make it i guess i will soak up the atmosphere but if we do make it well hell yeah!!

Richter
SS Life Member

Cheers St Fid,

having seen your post I have got straight on to the membership line (1300 467 246) and signed myself up as a social club member.

$125 to guarantee access to the GF should (?when) we make it..... a bargain....

....dunno why I didn't think of it before!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Cheers St Fid,

having seen your post I have got straight on to the membership line (1300 467 246) and signed myself up as a social club member.

Well done...

Remember, to have access to Social Club benefits you must have upgraded your membership by June 30.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

thats great news, extra money for the club

but remember not to complaign people if you don't get granny tickets ;)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Cro
Club Player

Am I right in reading that interstate social club members would not be guaranteed a GF ticket?

I would sign up, but it seems like I would be wasting my money.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Cro wrote:Am I right in reading that interstate social club members would not be guaranteed a GF ticket?

I would sign up, but it seems like I would be wasting my money.
I think you have to be a Full 11/16 game Member to be guaranteed a GF as a social club member

Cro
Club Player

That's what I thought.. so I would be spending $125 for a new membership card?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

you need to be 11 game - or Full Football club member + Social club

to have priority access to Purchase Grand final ticket
you also get early access to any finals games tickets

you will still pay a variety of prices for Grandfinal tickets and someone may remember but was there a pre book fee of maybe $5 at around prelim time
but you will have two days grace before other members and then general public

from what I believe you may have NO choice on where your seats are- BUT you will be there. 8-)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Quixote
SS Life Member

Hmm was just wondering about this and PRESTO! Thread! Gotta love the SS...

I'm a full-member via AFL Silver Membership. Any other AFL members out there know any reason why I shouldn't pickup a SC membership now to guarantee GF tickets? (touch-wood we make it!!)

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Hmm was just wondering about this and PRESTO! Thread! Gotta love the SS...

I'm a full-member via AFL Silver Membership. Any other AFL members out there know any reason why I shouldn't pickup a SC membership now to guarantee GF tickets?
Simple, as an AFL Silver Membership holder, I don't believe you have access to the GF or even the Preliminary Finals...

Cro
Club Player

Would I at least have more of a chance at getting finals/gf tickets that would make it worth it..?

Richter
SS Life Member

Quixote wrote:Hmm was just wondering about this and PRESTO! Thread! Gotta love the SS...

I'm a full-member via AFL Silver Membership. Any other AFL members out there know any reason why I shouldn't pickup a SC membership now to guarantee GF tickets?
Q, I am an AFL silver member..... and I just upgraded to also be a SC member!

Great value until I become a full AFL member..... probably about 4 years away for me I would think..... (I'm hoping that we will be in the next 3 GFs at least! Not unreasonable..... :wink: :D )

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
stinger
Saintsational Legend

what's taken you so long....?????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Quixote
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:

Simple, as an AFL Silver Membership holder, I don't believe you have access to the GF or even the Preliminary Finals...
Get Prelim just not GF until Gold.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Quixote
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:

Q, I am an AFL silver member..... and I just upgraded to also be a SC member!

Great value until I become a full AFL member..... probably about 4 years away for me I would think..... (I'm hoping that we will be in the next 3 GFs at least! Not unreasonable..... :wink: :D )
Thanks -
Yeah thought it would be cool - am going to follow suit!

Was more just getting at whether there were any weird restrictions placed on full AFL Club members... seems not.

Sweet ride!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

what's taken you so long....?????
Mate, if you are quoting myself in that, it's been until now until I figured that I should ring the Club and see how much it's going to cost me a month...

Yep, I am slow but at $11.36 a month (less than $3.00 a week) .....

That's one latte a week...

and be guaranteed a GF if the Saints play, just why wouldn't a Saints Fan Join???

Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

ok...so as a current interstate membership holder,,for me to upgrade to social club for a chance of granny tix do i first have to upgrade to full member and then social club membership as well?

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Halo-9 wrote:ok...so as a current interstate membership holder,,for me to upgrade to social club for a chance of granny tix do i first have to upgrade to full member and then social club membership as well?
yes
To get closer to the inner sanctum experience
become a Social Club Member.
Packages
– Adult $125, Junior $58
(Only an extra $11.36 per month for Adults
or $5.27 for Juniors per month with Saints
Easy Payment Plan)
St Kilda Social Club Rewards Continuity
As an added benefit to all Social Club Members,
numbers for 2009 will be capped at 11500
Members. This will guarantee only Full 11/16 game
Members an AFL Grand Final ticket, should the
Saints be part of the action again in September
(Prices and seating dependant on AFL rules
and regulations). Any Members who join after
the cap is reached will have the opportunity to
be added to a waiting list, and this waiting list will
determine their order in the queue. As individuals
discontinue their Social Club Membership,
Members on the waiting list will be elevated.

+ Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand
Final ticket (for full 11/16 game Members)
if St Kilda is a participating team, Members
will be notified by email and letter with any
information regarding finals games
Country/Interstate Adult – $105
(Only $9.55 per month on a 11 month
payment plan)
+ 2009 Membership Card that admits to 5
home games at Etihad Stadium played in
Victoria in the Toyota AFL Premiership season
(subject to capacity)
* Please note that although Country/Interstate Members have the
right to purchase finals tickets in preference to non-Members this does
not extend to the AFL Grand Final either with or without Social Club
Membership
http://www.saints.com.au/portals/0/sain ... let_v2.pdf

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Halo-9 wrote:ok...so as a current interstate membership holder,,for me to upgrade to social club for a chance of granny tix do i first have to upgrade to full member and then social club membership as well?
I would think that's right...

I really don't know the interstate position but, I feel that if interstate members would have to be at least an eleven game a member to qualify for a full Social Club Membership...

I know that I pay roughly $22.00 a month and that's for a 11 game membership with a reserved seat and now I have to pay an extra 11.32 a month for a Social Club Membership.

Mind you the $22.00 odd dollars is for a 11 game membership, the Age subscription and a reserved seat to the 11 home games...

Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

if it definately helps to securing a granny ticket if we make it its a worthwhile chance to upgrade despite the costs i guess.

thanks for your help again mate :wink:

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:

The only reason I buy both an AFL full member, plus an social club membership including another membership ticket is because my AFL membership for what ever reason will not let me sit along side my friends on Grand Final day. On my AFL I'd have to sit in the AFL section and no-one seems to explain why I can't sit with my friends on my AFL membership. As one lady at the club said to me when I asked about the situation "Look upon it as an extra donation to the club" Hmmmm buying an extra vote at the club may have it's advantages but it means I'm paying lcose to $1000 for both.

To be honest I'm wondering when to leave the AFL membership as the AFL members have less space than ever on Grand Final day allocated to them and I've signed up for MCC membership which will come around in about 15 years, just when I retire.

BTW welcome to the Social Club St Fid, I'll meet up with you in the bar next home game.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

The only reason I buy both an AFL full member, plus an social club membership including another membership ticket is because my AFL membership for what ever reason will not let me sit along side my friends on Grand Final day. On my AFL I'd have to sit in the AFL section and no-one seems to explain why I can't sit with my friends on my AFL membership. As one lady at the club said to me when I asked about the situation "Look upon it as an extra donation to the club" Hmmmm buying an extra vote at the club may have it's advantages but it means I'm paying lcose to $1000 for both.

To be honest I'm wondering when to leave the AFL membership as the AFL members have less space than ever on Grand Final day allocated to them and I've signed up for MCC membership which will come around in about 15 years, just when I retire.

BTW welcome to the Social Club St Fid, I'll meet up with you in the bar next home game.
I have the same issue but with MCC Trace...I can get into the GF but still get a SC membership because should we make the big one I want to be with the folk Ive been through the highs and lows with over the years...not stuck in the MCC Members with a bunch of neutrals as I was in 97

I rarely use the SC at home games so its pretty much a donation but well worth it should we reach the last day in Sept

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Why do you guys become AFL Members in the first place - reckon it's just another AFL ripoff with very few benefits for the dollars.
You are MUCH better off putting that money into your Club (StKFC) as an SC Member and then be assured that you are not hassled by opposition halfwits.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

...not stuck in the MCC Members with a bunch of neutrals as I was in 97

I agree..I was in the AFL Members area in 97 (went for that was able to get good seats on the wing)...and being amongst so many theatre going neutrals really ruined the atmosphere.

I will make use of my 30 year strong SC Membership in 2009 should we make it. Will be much better atmosphere.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....