Zac's game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Zac's game

i was able to get a decent look at zac for quarters 2 and 4 however melbourne barely scored in the second half so that's null and void

however when he did get it it seemed like he was playing alot of kick to kick football

the few one on one contests he was beaten despite being on the kick's side of the contest...so the forward had more to do than the defender

no real pack's to split either as there weren't many packs.....at all....

thoughts???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Zac's game

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:i was able to get a decent look at zac for quarters 2 and 4 however melbourne barely scored in the second half so that's null and void

however when he did get it it seemed like he was playing alot of kick to kick football

the few one on one contests he was beaten despite being on the kick's side of the contest...so the forward had more to do than the defender

thoughts???
Sorry Premiers, Zac played well enough to retain his place.
Max will have to replace Raph Clarke if he wants a game.
Raph has gone back to his bad habit of loping along with the ball with no idea of what to do with it.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
battye
Saintsational Legend

I thought Zac was good. Last night he was pretty useful when he went up the ground with some nice penetrating kicks into the forward line.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Nearly his best game. Now what do they do with Max and Zac. Maybe Max plays because heis ahead of Zac on the alphabet.

claystreet
Club Player

Zac played a shocker :shock: you must have watched a different game
or watched the wrong 1/4s
12 kicks 7 handballs= 19 positions which were 100% effective
including 9 marks and didnt give away a free kick

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:Zac played a shocker :shock: you must have watched a different game
or watched the wrong 1/4s
12 kicks 7 handballs= 19 positions which were 100% effective
including 9 marks and didnt give away a free kick
i never said zac played a shocker...i was asking for opinions as to whether this was a normal type game from him as its the first time ive seen him play live

thanks for the supercoach stats on how efficient he was...

even on tv it was obvious to almost all that plenty of those were chipping around contested or easy handballs but stats tell an incredible story of someone who can kick 100% efficiency over 20-30 mostly in chips...love the stats

claystreet
Club Player

you also love being a smartass

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:you also love being a smartass
well why mention stats when you know he had 20 odd touches uncontested and under almost no pressure???

claystreet
Club Player

Where was his player?? couldnt get the pill?? if so then why not??

I guess it would be firstly he was negated, secondly it left Zac to chip around at will. He was good last night and solid as he has been for 10rounds.

in the top10 easy last night

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually thought Zac was one of our best players and one of the few positives from last night.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I am not qualified to have an opinion on last night because you cant have a complete view of the field and the paly from TV.

From the other games I have seen live Zac has been excellent. From the limited view I got on TV he seemed to do his job very well.

Max can wait or take someone elses position.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I am not qualified to have an opinion on last night because you cant have a complete view of the field and the paly from TV.

From the other games I have seen live Zac has been excellent. From the limited view I got on TV he seemed to do his job very well.

Was at the ground and did very well. Didnt have to beat but that isnt his fault. Max will have to wait.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I am not qualified to have an opinion on last night because you cant have a complete view of the field and the paly from TV.

Was at the ground and did very well. Didnt have to beat but that isnt his fault. Max will have to wait.
OK - no worries. Seems to have carried on his form from when I have seen him live.

Good to hear. Thanks for that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:i was able to get a decent look at zac for quarters 2 and 4 however melbourne barely scored in the second half so that's null and void

thoughts???
I seem to be getting a vibe that your not that impressed with Zac?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

From my view on the wing at the game...Zac was good.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ThomasR
Club Player

I have been very anti-Zac for a while now but the last couple of games he's really started to show something and I thought he was among our better players on Saturday night.

That said I am still trying to work out if he's deceptive or lucky - better up the ground pressure is making it a lot easier for our defenders this year and I think he is reaping the rewards.

We can't leave Max in the twos for much longer...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

however melbourne barely scored in the second half so that's null and void
Umm...how can a team barely not scoring in an entire half of football have nothing to do with the other team (St Kilda's) defence??

Sheesh...if they'd outscored us in the 2nd half you'd havve ripped into Zac as the sole reason for it, yet we hold them to one goal in a half of footy and thats "null and void" where Zac is concerned??

Lets face it..if he ran off his man and kicked the winning goal in the GF you'd give him a serve for playing too loose and relying on others to cover his opponent :roll: 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Zac is getting better and better last week he must have been up around 20 pos. as well. Max is a favorite and a really strong competitor, but he never gathered huge possessions. The way the saints play they need loads of rebound from a multitude of players- thats why Max wasn't rushed back in. Max is one of my favorites along with Baker but both look like they are not going to find it easy going forward with the guys coming through. They both have been great servants and it is painful to imagine those guys not around the club. Hope they both prove me wrong.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I though Zac had an awesome game again. No way can this boy be dropped. Bring Max in for Raph.

Raph is a confidence player and is eaily put off. When Raph does well he is on his own, he is slow at making decisions. Play him on the forward line, where mistakes don't cost goals.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

thoughts???
Clearly youve never played football!!! Poor post, Zac has played fantastic football so far and Saturday night was no differant.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

IMO he's overtaken Blake

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Interestingly enough, he's now number one in the AFL for disposal efficiency (91.7%). In the last four weeks he's had only two ineffective disposals and one disposal clanger. For the year he has only 10 ineffective disposals and 4 disposal clangers. He's also 5th in the leaguie for 1% (predominantly spoils).

Zac's a gun.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Interestingly enough, he's now number one in the AFL for disposal efficiency (91.7%). In the last four weeks he's had only two ineffective disposals and one disposal clanger. For the year he has only 10 ineffective disposals and 4 disposal clangers. He's also 5th in the league for 1% (predominantly spoils)....
Unfortunately such "inconvenient" statistics are of no use when those who want his omission are doing so only because their pinup is not in the team. His disposal efficiency is on a par with players in Geelong's backline, in most cases better. He is one of those players, who despite his size, always seems to have time to dispose of the ball. I still can't believe that we picked up both he and Farren Ray (who had a good game against Melbourne I thought) at the same time.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:Unfortunately such "inconvenient" statistics are of no use when those who want his omission are doing so only because their pinup is not in the team.
Disposal efficiency isn't really what I'd look at from a key back. Max had a 90.5% efficiency last year including a team-high 89.1% kicking efficiecy. The nature of the position leads to very high disposal efficiencies. Most of the top efficiency guys are key backs. It doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

If it was 70%, like some Freo players, you would certainly notice the difference.