StKilda V Geelong stays at Etihad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but how were the AFL able to move the game between Hawthorn & St Kilda from the Dome to the G back in about 01 or 02 due to the poor quality of the surface. They managed this with less than a weeks planning.
That is the difference....

The game was moved because of ground conditions and not to accommodate the crowd.

So one would feel that the Docklands stadium is liable for the change in venue because of an unsafe working environment and it would have been up to the Docklands Stadium to cover all the costs involved.

There would be a huge difference in playing on a ground that is unsafe compared to accommodating for the size of the crowd.
I understand exactly the reasons why it was moved, my point was more around the time frame, logistics etc. It can be done.........when it suits those in power.

SaintDebi
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but how were the AFL able to move the game between Hawthorn & St Kilda from the Dome to the G back in about 01 or 02 due to the poor quality of the surface. They managed this with less than a weeks planning.
That is the difference....

The game was moved because of ground conditions and not to accommodate the crowd.

So one would feel that the Docklands stadium is liable for the change in venue because of an unsafe working environment and it would have been up to the Docklands Stadium to cover all the costs involved.

There would be a huge difference in playing on a ground that is unsafe compared to accommodating for the size of the crowd.
I understand exactly the reasons why it was moved, my point was more around the time frame, logistics etc. It can be done.........when it suits those in power.
I think everyone knows my thoughts on the move by now, but I must say Snoopygirl does have a very good point.
It seems that if the problem is logistics that would be the case regardless of the reason behind the move.