Watching the Melbourne Game at Republica..NOT THIS WEEK!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cps
Club Player

Watching the Melbourne Game at Republica..NOT THIS WEEK!!!!

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has watched a game at Republica (at the St Kilda Sea Baths)? What's the place like? Is it a good place to watch the interstate games? Is it expensive?

Cheers,

Chris

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I watched the last one there (Port Power game) Great venue to watch the game, big screen TV, lots of saints supporters great atmosphere. The alcohol is typically inflated Melbourne bar prices but the Pizza is really good!! The wife and I will definitely be back this week.

walski
Club Player

Been to this venue in the past and quite hyped to watch the saints while over looking St Kilda beach for the first time. Quite a fitting venue really. Is the club advertising this event this time around?

Anyhow be nice to meet some other Saintsational people as well.

:) See ya Saturday

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Can someone sumarize there parking there? Expensive? anything cheap nearby?

Been a while since ive parked there on a Sat night

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Nattens
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Can someone sumarize there parking there? Expensive? anything cheap nearby?

67 Tram to St Kilda Road then 16 tram to St Kilda ;)

Quixote
SS Life Member

Haven't watched a game there yet but huge chance for this Saturday night. Live ten minutes walk up the road - woo whoo!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Can someone sumarize there parking there? Expensive? anything cheap nearby?

We have always got parking on Lower esplanade, its meter parking so you will need around $6 in coin. There is also a parking area across the road next door to the old Palace nightlub area, again its ticket parking and you will need coins[/quote]

Sunday Red
Club Player

Not happy Jan!!!!!!

I just called the venue to check 100% if they will be showing the game (to save the hassle of making the trip if they are not). Apparently they do not have Fox Sports and thus will not be showing the game this week!

Who ever heard of a bar that was too stingy to pay for Fox Sports?? What a horrible business decision.

So to those of you planning to go there on Saturday night, don't bother!!!!!

sainter35
Club Player

Thanks for letting us know.

Thought it would have been a great place to watch the footy and then the FA Cup straight afterwards.

Why would the club advertise it as the clubs live venue for away games if they don't have fox?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sunday Red wrote:Not happy Jan!!!!!!

I just called the venue to check 100% if they will be showing the game (to save the hassle of making the trip if they are not). Apparently they do not have Fox Sports and thus will not be showing the game this week!

Who ever heard of a bar that was too stingy to pay for Fox Sports?? What a horrible business decision.

Stingy. Its $1500 a month so you cannot blame some pubs for not getting Fox sports.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Stingy. Its $1500 a month so you cannot blame some pubs for not getting Fox sports.
Yeah but you can blame them for listing it as a coming event on their website

So lets get this straight...the Club promotes a venue as a "live site" for Interstate games, and either doesnt ask or just assumes they can show the Fox games?

What a ham-fisted schemozzle whatever the reason

SOmeone needs to tell then to get that game off their website :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So lets get this straight...the Club promotes a venue as a "live site" for Interstate games, and either doesnt ask or just assumes they can show the Fox games?

WSouldnt have a clue about that. Just commenting on the money situation.

Sunday Red
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Wouldnt have a clue about that. Just commenting on the money situation.
You seriously don't think they would make $1500 over the course of a month on food and beverage by showing events on Fox Sports? If that's true, they need new management in that joint!

marksnsparks
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
You're kidding? They'd get 3 times that back in one night through the bar!!

Tight bastards cutting their noses of to spite their faces.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Has this been confirmed?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Has this been confirmed?
See above post from Sunday Red..who rang the venue

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

To be fair, I just checked the website and it said:

St Kilda Football Club Official Live Site
Round 19 Saturday August 8 Hawthorn Aurora Stadium at 2:10pm
http://www.republica.net.au/website/newsandevents.html

No mention of the Demons game at all. Good spot SundayRed.

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
$1500 a month? Yeah right.

Quick look at the Foxtel website - Get Started + My Sport = $56 a month. Plus an initial installation fee. You telling me that they can't pay what they'd earn in less than half an hour?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Theyve changed it since 4.00 this arvo then..obviously the call got them thinking

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Nattens
Club Player

Moorabbin Saints wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Quick look at the Foxtel website - Get Started + My Sport = $56 a month. Plus an initial installation fee. You telling me that they can't pay what they'd earn in less than half an hour?
Thats for home plans, commercial licences cost more.

So, this is an urgent emergency. Where are we going for teh game guys?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Rosstown isnt bad..theres an alcove off the TAB that has a nice size flat screen and chairs and tables..can get bar snacks and the beer is cheap..watched a game there last year

Just need to ask em to have our game on it and not Freo v Richmond

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes you know a lot about Pubs paying for Fox Sports. I suggest you check out the facts before commenting. As for others saying they would easily make up the money, well they obviously wouldnt or they would get it. By the way do you know how much they make on each drink. I will give you a clue not a lot.

kannus_

I would recommend Zagames in Caulfield. Got a couch area with a big flat screen and always show the foxtel games with volume. However they are pushing the FA cup which starts at 10 so if it finishes after ten it might get cut off. Have been there b4 on a Sunday(StK v Ess) and there was about 20 saints supporters so there are obviously a few that go there considering it was a home game.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

kannus_ wrote:I would recommend Zagames in Caulfield. Got a couch area with a big flat screen and always show the foxtel games with volume. However they are pushing the FA cup which starts at 10 so if it finishes after ten it might get cut off. Have been there b4 on a Sunday(StK v Ess) and there was about 20 saints supporters so there are obviously a few that go there considering it was a home game.
Cool..Ive heard thats ok also..Bistro meals are nice too.. Wheres the viewing area in relation to the bistro?

Bounce is at 7.10 so should be finished by 10

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
kannus_

When i was there saw first half in bistro(without volume). Later found out that it was on 3 big screens in the TAB Bar with volume so watched second half in there. Plenty of sitting room and volume for footy was loud.