Time for the ranga

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Time for the ranga

I actually implore the selectors to go against the grain and make two changes, yes two changes

in: max and lynch

out: baker and gwilt

this melbourne game is perfect to see what lynch can do. With bradshaw on top of roo and kosi in the ruck we needed someone else to go to (roo copped a double team, perfect time for a third tall). lynch kicked 4 goals for sandy and is a very smart player around the goals.

Max can give us the flexibility of playing tall and short. Baker had his worst game for the club and seems to be struggling with his knees. If not blake for max.

time for a little fresh blood and max is ready by all accounts.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Lynch kicked 4 goals as, presumably, our second forward alongside Nick Sauntner (who kicked 5). No doubt Lynch played well, but it seems to me that this is his first really solid performance at VFL level.

Did anybody on here see the game? We lost, so Lynch's contribution wasn't a match-winning one.

Would it be too negative for me to suggest that it would be just a tad premature for supporters to demand that any member of a team which is undefeated in 9 games this season and has a percentage of 185 to make way for a first year player who has had one good game at VFL level?

Go on. Tell me. I can cope. I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Solar
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Lynch kicked 4 goals as, presumably, our second forward alongside Nick Sauntner (who kicked 5). No doubt Lynch played well, but it seems to me that this is his first really solid performance at VFL level.

Did anybody on here see the game? We lost, so Lynch's contribution wasn't a match-winning one.

Would it be too negative for me to suggest that it would be just a tad premature for supporters to demand that any member of a team which is undefeated in 9 games this season and has a percentage of 185 to make way for a first year player who has had one good game at VFL level?

I just want another ranga in the team plus it's an excuse to annoy the anti-ranga group on here :wink: strangely I actually found some reason to back this up :lol:

FQF
In richo I trust

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
meher baba wrote:Lynch kicked 4 goals as, presumably, our second forward alongside Nick Sauntner (who kicked 5). No doubt Lynch played well, but it seems to me that this is his first really solid performance at VFL level.

I just want another ranga in the team plus it's an excuse to annoy the anti-ranga group on here :wink: strangely I actually found some reason to back this up :lol:
OK then: you're talking about an affirmative action scheme in favour of rangas.

Fair enough. It's one of two things that might perhaps make my wife happy (the other these days being my head cut off and presented to her on a platter!!).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: OK then: you're talking about an affirmative action scheme in favour of rangas.

Fair enough. It's one of two things that might perhaps make my wife happy (the other these days being my head cut off and presented to her on a platter!!).

you too mate????? :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
starsign
Club Player

yep not a bad idea , we need a ranga in the team as the Dees seem to have a goody in that number 6 (whatsysname!!) He's a bit of a goer and carries old Bluey Adams famous number too if my longer term memory serves! (Perfection where are you oh mighty historian and keen authority on such issues?)
On a serious note though , I've been a pretty staunch member of the "hands off Gwity action faction" so far this year , but he was definitely off his Weeties yesterday and I recon Lynch could fit the bill as a lead up forward and replace him this week Although Jimmys bulk and forward pressure role may be missed ,however having said that, it wasn't too much in evidence yesterday, and he looked all at sea on numerous occaisions when the pressure was on . His worst game this year IMHO

Anyway back to the Rangas
Notable Ranga Saints would be a good test for the grey matter
I'll kick it off with our CHB in 66 Ian Synman , there's a goodie and the 1st I recall
we haven't had an overubundance , not like the Hawks who for years always seemed to have one running around

Jack Daniels comes to mind....
( HELP!!!!... plenty of blondes though!)
Last edited by starsign on Mon 25 May 2009 7:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
meher baba wrote: OK then: you're talking about an affirmative action scheme in favour of rangas.

Actually, I exaggerate a little. She'd never want anything to happen to me that would impair my capacity to earn plenty of money and keep her in the style to which she wishes to become accustomed!! :wink:

- Jonathan Swift
stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
stinger wrote:

Actually, I exaggerate a little. She'd never want anything to happen to me that would impair my capacity to earn plenty of money and keep her in the style to which she wishes to become accustomed!! :wink:

:wink: :wink: :wink: ...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:yep not a bad idea , we need a ranga in the team as the Dees seem to have a goody in that number 6 (whatsysname!!) He's a bit of a goer and carries old Bluey Adams famous number too if my longer term memory serves! (Perfection where are you oh mighty historian and keen authority on such issues?)
On a serious note though , I've been a pretty staunch member of the "hands off Gwity action faction" so far this year , but he was definitely off his Weeties yesterday and I recon Lynch could fit the bill as a lead up forward and replace him this week Although Jimmys bulk and forward pressure role may be missed ,however having said that, it wasn't too much in evidence yesterday, and he looked all at sea on numerous ocaisions when the pressure was on . His worst game this year IMHO
shsshhh your making too much sense

FQF
In richo I trust

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Apparently it is Ranga Appreciation Round (AFL endorsed) this week so he should get a gig. :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Apparently it is Ranga Appreciation Round (AFL endorsed) this week so he should get a gig. :wink:
are they going to make sure 4% of their workforce are ranga's?

Stupid place to hold the APR, on the gold coast! Thankgod it's not 40 degrees and stinking hot, we'd get sunburnt (in fact judging by the floods I think God is a ranga).....

FQF
In richo I trust

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:Fair enough. It's one of two things that might perhaps make my wife happy (the other these days being my head cut off and presented to her on a platter!!).
You channelling John the Baptist MB? :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time for the ranga

Solar wrote:I actually implore the selectors to go against the grain and make two changes, yes two changes

in: and lynch

Why Lynch?

The games I have seen have indicated a player of the future with some pleasing signs...but little to suggest that he is ready right now.

If you want to just "test' outa play...then maguire to see if he is AFL ready......or Gram...incasea mid gets injured.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 25 May 2009 7:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Milton66
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
Solar wrote:I actually implore the selectors to go against the grain and make two changes, yes two changes

in: and lynch

Why Lynch?

The games I have seen have indicated a player of the future with some pleasing signs...but little to suggest that he is ready right now.
Totally agree with you on this one, Wayne.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:

Good to see that you are signing yourself off with your old profile name again.

sRr

Milton66
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

sRr
Sorry Judson, what do you mean?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

sRr

got his number srr

Milton66
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

sRr

got his number srr
For someone who dislikes me, you seem to take a morbid interest in my posting. :lol: :lol:

starsign
Club Player

Why Lynch?

Oh Dear !
Thats the whole point !
He's REDDY!

Hullo Where Are You?
Ready or not !

snippa
Club Player

We've all seen them - on the playground, at the store, walking on the streets - they creep us out and make us feel sick to our stomachs. I'm talking of course about... ginger kids. Ginger kids are born with a disease which causes very light skin, red hair, and freckles. This disease is called Gingervitus, and it occurs because ginger kids have no souls.

Kids who have gingervitus cannot be cured. Because their skin is so light, ginger kids must avoid the sun. Not unlike... vampires.
:lol:

I am the king of the divan
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

And their gums bleed.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
rexy
SS Life Member

Dont see an issue with giving him a go if his form deserves it. The last 2 premiership sides have included a first year player so obviously there is still room for developing players to get a go in the best sides.

BJ is a blood nut isnt he, he played and played well as a first year player still in high school. Dont remember a lot of fanta pants in the side over my time? Daniels obviously (one of my favourites all time), a ruckman from tassie who's name escapes me? Matty Young had a couple of good years and then faded with the rest of the 97 98 finals sides. Thats about all i can remember.

Maybe this year?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Dont see an issue with giving him a go if his form deserves it. The last 2 premiership sides have included a first year player so obviously there is still room for developing players to get a go in the best sides.

1/ His form does not deserve it. Has been excellent in some games and gone missing in others.
2/ The team already includes some developing players..ie Geary.
3/ I have not noticed that Lynch has been playing to the level of Rioi or Selwood.
4? wherea player was drafted has little relevance to being selected IMO. I much prefer merit over reputation.

Milton66
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
rexy wrote:Dont see an issue with giving him a go if his form deserves it. The last 2 premiership sides have included a first year player so obviously there is still room for developing players to get a go in the best sides.

1/ His form does not deserve it. Has been excellent in some games and gone missing in others.
2/ The team already includes some developing players..ie Geary.
3/ I have not noticed that Lynch has been playing to the level of Rioi or Selwood.
4? wherea player was drafted has little relevance to being selected IMO. I much prefer merit over reputation.
Flawed logic if u base selections onwhat 2 other clubs have done.

To bring players in for the sake of "testing them" or to see if the team can get better is tantamount to gambling and tempting fate.

Would also be bad for team morale, knowing that you could be dropped at any time for a "test" player. That's when players will opt for self preservation and playfor their spot... not the team.

Let them earn it first, then decide if their elevation would actually make things better, given the player they would replace.

You know it makes sense.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Maguire will play forward before he does. Not that i see much of them over here in the west. Just my 2cents :P