We have now beaten ALL interstate teams!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

We have now beaten ALL interstate teams!

Which I'll take as a bloody big positive!

An even bigger positive, of our nine scalps, five of those are current top eight teams, two of which are currently top four, who we are also four wins clear of.

I'll admit, our last two wins were far from convincing, the playing group is certainly fatigued and lacking pace, short turnarounds certainly aren't helping. Also, maybe it is time to replace one or two who are struggling to make their mark. But we are still winning, hanging firm or putting all the eggs in the basket when crunch time hits and I'll take that as a positive. Bombers, nine to six day break in their favour and they still couldn't crack our three goal lead, despite their youth and pace to burn. Lions, I think are under-rated and I was almost sensing a five goal upset, but we still found the extra gear when we seemed just about spent and pulled he win out of the bag. We've made a point of applying pressure in the past matches and now we've shown we can absorb it. Lets face it, we can't go and blow teams to pieces week in and week out. Would love to, but we can't and I think we still have some real arm-wrestles ahead, not just Geelong but I think Carlton and even Richmond will still give us a good shake.

But who said winning a premiership was easy.

GO THE SAINTERS!!!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Just as long as we go over there and win.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

YEAH, we have played (and beaten) all six non-Victorian sides. Does anyone know how this compares with the other Victorian clubs this year? !!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Pretty irrelevant given the likelihood that this years top four will all be victorian - again.
Also makes a mockery out of finishing top two - no home advantage. It's also likely if the saints finish top two they'll have at least one game 'away' from home, whilst geelong will play all finals away from home. Makes proper preparation for the finals much more important than the finishing position.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "