Changes v Brisbane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I don't have a bottom three, anyone would be unlucky at this point...
got your head in the sand? lucky you're not the coach. there are always players who are better or worse than others, therefore there must be a group who are closest to the bottom. feel free to acknowledge that fact.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Geary should be safe now with his Rising Star nomination.

Shades
Club Player

boneless23 wrote:In: Max, Goose
Out: Gwilt, King

Play Max on Brown and Zac on Bradshaw.

Play Goose as the third tall forward option swapping with Gardiner in the ruck. Ross said on the couch tonight that he sees Goose as a mobile ruckman so this would be a game to test that theory with the Lions lack of ruck stocks.
Gwilt would be stif do go i think he was almost B.O.G

Quixote
SS Life Member

^^^ At last someone said it.

Gwilt has come off his best game for the year FFS

Barring injury, it is laughable to suggest that Gram or Blake will be dropped.

At this stage, Geary, Mini and Jones are extremely safe.

The only vunerable position at the moment is Zac's, you'd think.

This week no change.

Dawson to Bradshaw. Blake or Fisher to Brown.

(Don't get me wrong - I really want to see Goose, Max, Raph and Armo in this side. Just can't see it happening right this week. Eventually, Zac will go for Max you'd think)

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
JABBER
Club Player

changes vs brisbane

there should be no changes at the moment Team balance Players like Goose and Max Mc Evoy Raph Armo and jack steven will have to wait for poor form or injuries.

trevor barker
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: changes vs brisbane

interesting to see that ross reckons goose could play as a mobile second ruck.

that would allow us to rotate he and kosi through that position and the forward line without leaving us short of a kpf.

also i think that raph could be effective as a third tall forward. perhaps not as good defensively as gwilt, but probably more creative and capable of impacting on the scoreboard more.

i'd like to see both goose and raph in the side, but given ross's reluctance to change winning teams (which i can live with so long as we keep winning) i'd be surprised to see any changes this week barring injury.

starsign
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
awesome_days wrote:Definate:
In: Maguire
Out: King
King had 9 hitouts to avantage in less than half the game on the weekend. He had a much better game than Gardiner. I doubt he'll be dropped.
Correct. King will improve after a game back also.
He'd want to ... I don't share the exact sentiments about his game c/f Gards on Sunday (although I wasn't aware exactly of the total hitouts to advantage )and I felt some reservations about him post game
He caused a couple of very costly turnovers. One, a familiar one for him, where his short pass tradjects to high taking too much time through the air setting up the recipient and enabling an easy turnover
another a pretty bad fumble and another wayward hand pass delivered when under average pressure as we went though the corridor were both costly
But as you say he will ( I prefer should) improve after a game back
But just those moments had me thinking Sunday as to the specifics that saw him fall from favour at the Cats?
I suppose the glasses are finer tuned as we enjoy much more success, but already RL is talking up Goose as a mobile ruckman and Big Mac went pretty well
I just think he may come under the microscope if he doesn't pick up on the errors made last match , thats all really!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Merretts been ruled out, so that may mean they are forced to put Bradshaw back seem Patfull is out too. If not it should mean Rewoildt and Kosi have a big opportunity to tear a no name backline apart

Bring back the Lockett era
older saint
SS Life Member

Barring injuries no changes.

Forward line too top heavy with Roo, Kosi and Maguire.

Eddy and R Clarke would appear to be 1 and 2 if injuries to running players.

Max needs another game to get a base. He did not play the whole game in the Res is not ready for a full AFL yet, especially with Brown and Bradshaw.

Bradshaw will stay forward as need to kick goals to win.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I would say no changes at all. Why mess with a winning combination?

Nuff said

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
claystreet
Club Player

Maybe rest someone with a few niggles is all. Someone who maybe needs a game break, maybe just to get them cherry ripe again. Some of those boys looked shot early in the game against the bombers, but who can blame them, its been tough at the office.

Give someone who needs it a chance to freshen up maybe.

Time will tell with changes, but i am thinking of Goose maybe playing more forward if any changes and maybe Gwilt out for him.

8-)

StPeter
Club Player

I think all the players would be reluctant to have a rest even for a week.

It's too hard to get back in the side at least for fringe players like R Clarke

and Eddy.

Schillaci
Club Player

Would be extremely suprised if Max is back in this week given what Lyon has said in the press. Will be given another run in the 2s before getting a gig especially considering the form and fitness of the back 6 to date...if it aint broke no need to rush him in.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I cant see how Raph Clarke has suddenly become a fringe player. He was consistently amongst our best right through the final series last season, and was close to BOG when he got injured in Round 1. We have to start getting our best 22 together soon. I agree Max will probably be better off with another run with the Zebras though.

claystreet
Club Player

StPeter wrote:I think all the players would be reluctant to have a rest even for a week.

It's too hard to get back in the side at least for fringe players like R Clarke

and Eddy.
I dont see any changes nor do i think they are warranted. I was just saying if someones a bit tight and could do with a week rather than 12 is about all your likely to see.