A real crap piece of journalism

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

A real crap piece of journalism

I know this has been stated on other threads but the article wriiten in The Herald/Sun http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html by Mark Stevens is the biggest load of crap I've ever read. It seems to reek of such bias that it's a bit hard to stomach. If you want to read a balanced view thwn you should read Greg Baum's article in The Age http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 38949.html. The Heral/Sun article is s*** journalism at it's best. It needs to be said. Hopefully the wanker will come on to this site looking for his next story.

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: A real crap piece of journalism

Moccha wrote:I know this has been stated on other threads but the article wriiten in The Herald/Sun http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html by Mark Stevens is the biggest load of crap I've ever read. It seems to reek of such bias that it's a bit hard to stomach. If you want to read a balanced view thwn you should read Greg Baum's article in The Age http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 38949.html. The Heral/Sun article is s*** journalism at it's best. It needs to be said. Hopefully the wanker will come on to this site looking for his next story.
Mark Stevens has given us a great go over the last couple of years. Why would he have any bias against the Saints. Maybe he just wanted to write the article in that way afterall that is the closest anyone has got to us all year.

rexy
SS Life Member

Didnt think it was that bad!

Maybe this year?
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

What is this s*** about "if it bleeds you can kill it"?

It's a game of footy isn't it?

Another opportunity awaits!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

it's the herald sun. don't confuse it with journalism.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mark Stevens wrote:If not for the odd dumb decision and turnover, they might have even won
Lol – which game were you watching Mark? They didn’t get within 3 goals of us.

I can play this biased game too. “If not for inaccurate kicking the Saints may have won by 7 goalsâ€

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Foz
Club Player

Prefer 'The Age' article too.

The Herald-Sun one spends too much time glorifying StKilda as a monster of the competition with a massive track record. Look no further than Geelong, Mark !

Lines such as "StKilda finally trickling blood" (when was that?) were glorified images versus the more mundane "and seeing an ever slight sign of weakness"

Much can be written of Essendon as they took it up to us for most of the game. Did they learn more about themselves or did the competition learn more about us ? Or...did Saints learn more about there own areas for improvement ? IMHO the Saints get to reload and take some positives out of it, the Bombers get more respect but realise that crucial skill errors are why they are midtable. They also need to get more consistent, need to win 2 games in a row and need to play 4 quarters.

The Saints are no monsters, the Bombers held no bayonets and slayed no one. A bit rich for mine.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mark Stevens wrote:If not for the odd dumb decision and turnover, they might have even won
Lol – which game were you watching Mark? They didn’t get within 3 goals of us.

I can play this biased game too. “If not for inaccurate kicking the Saints may have won by 7 goalsâ€

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Moccha wrote:What is this s*** about "if it bleeds you can kill it"?

It's called a "figure of speech".

Seriously you need to take the paranoia glasses off.

The article is fine it shows that the Saints in 09 are human and yes can be beaten.

Don't you remember 04 when people were betting on us finishing undefeated.

In a way I think the same article could have been written about how we used to be 20 or so years ago. Not quite good enough to win games but taking it right up to the good sides, who would then just do enough to win.

Pazza
Club Player

Moccha wrote:What is this s*** about "if it bleeds you can kill it"?

Leigh Matthews said that about Essendon in 2001.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I always thought Mark Stevens was a Saints fan...?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:it's the herald sun. don't confuse it with journalism.
Yep. And Greg Baum is a great writer, who understands the passion of the game for both player and supporter. He also knows that it's a game.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

n1ck wrote:I always thought Mark Stevens was a Saints fan...?
Very much a Doggies supporter.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
marksnsparks
Club Player

I found it interesting only for the fact that a 19 point win in 2007 would have been lauded. It's flattering in a way that anything less than total anihilation of the opposing team is seen as a weakness.

I get sick of the press blowing wind up our arse anyway..

saint3d
Club Player

Greg Baum wrote:The effort it takes to score even one goal against St Kilda makes a three-goal margin look like 10.
That is probably the greatest compliment towards the Saints I've read this year.