So have we beaten anyone yet?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

So have we beaten anyone yet?

I wonder if Essendon will count for a good team for all those knockers who say we haven't beaten anyone.

IMHO Geelong will only meet it's second decent team for the year next week in the Bulldogs.

4 of our wins are against teams currently residing in the 8 including the number 3 and 4 sides, whom we accounted for easily.

We play another team in the 8 next week in Brisbane, which our nar best will beat. Our very best will shatter them.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

....one thing to beat sides below you on the ladder..........true test is to beat those above you.........we are yet to beat someone ahead of us on the ladder......until we do that we will always have our detractors.....

:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rexy
SS Life Member

We have beaten everyone we can, we will obviously get more kudos if we can beat the likes of Hawthorn and to a lesser extent Carlton whom the media seem to have wraps on.

Interestingly enough we may have beaten a little more than we realise today, a very good side Essendon are becoming IMO. Possible top 4 side when you consider they have already played 5 of the sides currently in the 8, I rate them over the Dogs currently and with Fletcher Hurley Mcveigh and Welsh still to come back they could be the bolt from the blue IMO.

Maybe this year?
Sainterone
Club Player

Apart from R1 (when there were no ladder positions) and R4 (when we clobbered the then bottom team freo) every team we have met (and beaten) has been in the 8.

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

At the moment we are only beating sides below us :?: Let's hope that continues for the rest of the year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:At the moment we are only beating sides below us :?: Let's hope that continues for the rest of the year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

i think maybe at least one poster thought i was being serious..... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
donthglfa
Club Player

Eastern wrote:At the moment we are only beating sides below us :?: Let's hope that continues for the rest of the year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

OOH YEAH :wink:

Statsman
Club Player

I don't know if we've been "anyone", but we've certainly beaten "everyone" we've played! :wink:

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Statsman wrote:I don't know if we've been "anyone", but we've certainly beaten "everyone" we've played! :wink:
And...........where are they all now? ...........below us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

One would hope so considering we are 8 rounds in, and havnt played Melbourne, Richmond or NorthMelbourne... Thats almost all the teams!

Saying we havnt beaten anyone is basically saying the AFL is on the decline.