Anyon else nervous?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu

singing....collingwood take it up the a...

sorry ! wrong thread

nervous ?....nuh

well....only about being locked out of home by my rabid collingwood supporting housemate

(for some reason he's a bit sensitive at the moment ) :)

HarveysDeciple

Pies always scare the crap out of me.

If our first loss had to be against someone, I would pick any team in the league ahead of Collingwood.....(and Carlton).

They are undermanned and if we start well I don't think they can get back.

Once again though the key is the start, if they jump us they can grow in confidence.

A side without Didak, Medhurst and Anthony though will struggle to kick 12 or more goals, especially given how frugal our defence has been.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Look at it like this...

Collingwood lose the games they are expected to win and win the games they aren't expected to win.

This means that Collingwood should win tonight because they're expected to be belted by an undefeated team.

This means that due to their recent history they really should be expected to win this match tonight.... Therefore they will lose it.

Bulletproof logic 8-) 8-)
Thats got me so confused I forgot how nervous I was LOL

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Many experts keep telling us that Malthouse is a great tactician and is very dangerous when his team has 'their backs to the wall'.
I accept the knowledge of these experts but then I think back to the last time we played the Pies.

And Malthouse was SkitHouse that night.

He seemed to have no idea how to close us down.

Was that night an abberation or was that the norm?
??????

They beat us twice in the home and away last season.

They lost to us by 6 goals in the semi-final, without Burns, Didak, Johnson, Presti, Rocca and Heath Shaw.

I think it is a massive overstatement to say that Malthouse was outcoached in his games against us last year.
Well I thought he was comprehensively outcoached by Lyon in that game.
Malthouse seemd to allow us to play as many loose defenders as we wanted to.
He waited much too long to maove Brown off Roo.

He seemed to just allow us to do whatever we pleased without trying to counter any of the moves.

The end score, imho, flattered them.