Saints uncontracted player to Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DWOODROW
Club Player

n1ck wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
stkfc1 wrote:Armo will go nowhere. Hayes is closer to the end of his career than the

start, we need contingency players for the future.

You are a retard :!:
I think stkfc1 was saying that Armo wont be leaving the club...
Yes I now see that and apologise. I am the retard. :lol: :oops:

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Hate to say it, but for 90% of players its all about the size of the offer and the opportunity to play in the seniors. If Armo believes he will do better on both these fronts with GC then he will barely blink an eye on his way out.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Hate to say it, but for 90% of players its all about the size of the offer and the opportunity to play in the seniors. If Armo believes he will do better on both these fronts with GC then he will barely blink an eye on his way out.
I think that is true like you said if you arent getting a game but it has been shown by Brisbane and Geelong that players will stay for less money if you are successful. If Armo happens to be playing and we win a flag I think you would find he would stay at club unless the offer is plainly stupid in Armo's favour. Not many players leave a club after they win a flag.

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="plugger66"][quote="Zed"]Hate to say it, but for 90% of players its all about the size of the offer and the opportunity to play in the seniors. If Armo believes he will do better on both these fronts with GC then he will barely blink an eye on his way out.[/quote]

I think that is true like you said if you arent getting a game but it has been shown by Brisbane and Geelong that players will stay for less money if you are successful. If Armo happens to be playing and we win a flag I think you would find he would stay at club unless the offer is plainly stupid in Armo's favour. Not many players leave a club after they win a flag.[/quote]

Most players who leave a club after they win a flag are pushed because of the salary cap like Steven King.

PS Did the quote work? I still only get to see [quote="----"] ------- [/quote] with no black window.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Zed wrote:Hate to say it, but for 90% of players its all about the size of the offer and the opportunity to play in the seniors. If Armo believes he will do better on both these fronts with GC then he will barely blink an eye on his way out.
I think that is true like you said if you arent getting a game but it has been shown by Brisbane and Geelong that players will stay for less money if you are successful. If Armo happens to be playing and we win a flag I think you would find he would stay at club unless the offer is plainly stupid in Armo's favour. Not many players leave a club after they win a flag.
Most players who leave a club after they win a flag are pushed because of the salary cap like Steven King.

PS Did the quote work? I still only get to see
---- wrote: -------
with no black window.
No it didnt but I have no idea what you are doing.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I personally think that there will be a lot of players that put their hand up to the move, Cam Mooney is one that springs to mind following his interview this morning....

In regards to the GC team, if any of our players really wanted to go....then I hope they go. I am not so sure on this nominating who we care about least, and placing them up for the offering?
There may be a lot of players that put their hands up... but I'd think those that do will be ala Mooney; 2nd tier stars, not the guns. Take the run and feed of Geelong away from Mooney and he's not a bad player by any means, but he'll be a lot less effective (don't get me the wrong way, I rate Mooney, and think he'd be tough to replace for Geelong, I just don't think he'd slow in elsewhere as well).

I suspect even more players will use the threat of GC17 to negotiate with their clubs to get more $$$.

If I were GC17 Armo would be my St Kilda target - Forget Reiwoldt, he'd be a nice marketing option, but will be very tough to get from the Saints under that rule. Armo will be coming into his physical prime, is blooded, have experienced playing at a relatively successful club and have years of service he can offer.

As a St Kilda supperter, I'd like to see us lock him up past the GC opportunity - it may be that he turns out to be a bust, but of the guys not in the team who can play midfield, he's the one I expect to be applying pressure to get in and eventually make it.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford