Best pub to watch the Saints....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

pluggernaut
Club Player

Best pub to watch the Saints....

Every year me and te guys I work with go to Melb from W.A in round 10 to watch the footy. One of the main reasons I go is it is one of the few times I get to see the Saints play live surrounded by Saints supporters, and not d**khead Eagles & Freo supporters. However this year, and I am spewing, we are playing at the Gold Coast!!!!!!!!!
So, my question is - WHERE IS THE BEST PUB IN MELBOURNE TO WATCH THE SAINTS PLAY ON THE 30TH MAY VS MELBOURNE. I read in a magazine that the "skiny dog hotel" in Kew is pretty good.
Any recommendations on where 20 blokes wanting to wacth the footy should go be appreciated. (establishments with "entertainment and girl waitresses" will be duly considered.)
Cheers

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The "official" live site is now at the St Kilda sea baths..the name of the bar escapes me for now

No "entertainment" of the type you are seeking however

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
pluggernaut
Club Player

Not seeking - just a bonus!!!!

Art Vandelay
Club Player

The "Official" live site is a joke (re: St.Kilda Sea Baths) - went down last sunday as our game vs the Doggies was live on Fox. Anyway walked in to find an open courtyard with a pissy 30" TV screen that wasn't even tuned in to Fox. Making it even worse, there was a DJ playing Samba music, making it almost impossible to hear each other talk.
We ended up at the Cricket Club Hotel (Clarendon Street, South Melbourne) - plenty of TV screens scattered throughout the pub, great food, and friendly waitresses. Will definately be back here for Saints interstate matches.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Art Vandelay wrote:The "Official" live site is a joke (re: St.Kilda Sea Baths) - went down last sunday as our game vs the Doggies was live on Fox. Anyway walked in to find an open courtyard with a pissy 30" TV screen that wasn't even tuned in to Fox. Making it even worse, there was a DJ playing Samba music, making it almost impossible to hear each other talk.
We ended up at the Cricket Club Hotel (Clarendon Street, South Melbourne) - plenty of TV screens scattered throughout the pub, great food, and friendly waitresses. Will definately be back here for Saints interstate matches.
I would guess they would be hoping people who may be near enough ( St Kilda is only a few km from docklands) would go to the game

they did / do advertise it for interstate games
http://www.stkildaseabaths.com.au/event.php?id=63
OFFICIAL ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB
LIVE SITE
Saturday 30th May - St Kilda vs Melbourne
BIG SCREENS AT THE SEA BATHS ON ST KILDA BEACH
Republica at the St Kilda Sea Baths has the perfect Friday night footy solution. Big screens inside and out, with fireplaces and heaters for the coldest winter night.

To keep the focus on the footy and not the hunger, there's free bar snacks for the game. For those who need more, there's $15 Wagu Beef Pies and a full gourmet menu including tap beer, great wines and cocktails.

Come and enjoy footy with no cues, great food and proper drinks.

Beachside Friday night footy, for the people.

--------------------------------------------------------
St Kilda Football Club Official Live Site
Round 5 Friday April 24 Port Adelaide AAMI Stadium at 7:40pm
Round 10 Saturday May 30 Melbourne Gold Coast at 7:10pm
Round 15 Sunday July 12 West Coast Subiaco at 2:40pm
Round 18 Saturday August 1 Sydney SCG at 7:10pm
Round 19 Saturday August 8 Hawthorn Aurora Stadium at 2:10pm

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107