Saints Round 7 team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

COLLINGWOOD v ST KILDA
Collingwood
B: Harry O’Brien, Simon Prestigiacomo, Martin Clarke
HB: Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Alan Toovey
C: Anthony Corrie, Dale Thomas, Jaxson Barham
HF: Scott Pendlebury, Travis Cloke, Leon Davis
F: Tarkyn Lockyer, Leigh Brown, Brent Macaffer
Foll: Josh Fraser, Dane Swan, Shane O’Bree
I/C (from): Paul Medhurst, Anthony Rocca, Heath Shaw, Sharrod Wellingham
Emg: Ben Reid, Danny Stanley, Steele Sidebottom

In: Shaw, Rocca
Out: John Anthony (susp), Dayne Beams (groin)

St Kilda
B: Farren Ray, Jason Blake, Zac Dawson
HB: Jarryn Geary, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Jason Gram, Luke Ball, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Stephen Milne, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Sam Gilbert
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Clint Jones, Leigh Montagna
I/C (from): Steven Baker, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt, Robert Eddy
Emg: David Armitage, Ben McEvoy, Raphael Clarke

No change

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Spinner...

As RL stated at the luncheon yesterday, he would love to have no changes to the side for the whole season...

I don't think that will happen, but it really puts us in a great position.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
d roit
Club Player

love it. we're unchanged and the pies are bringing in several players who are underdone. says so much about where our 2 teams are at the moment.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Thanks Spinner...

As RL stated at the luncheon yesterday, he would love to have no changes to the side for the whole season...

I tend to look at not changing the side as the easy way out.

The hard decision would be to put in the blokes that are senior players and originally part of the 22 (ie Max, Raph, and Maguire and Xavier to a lesser extent).

Takes the much easier option of not dropping players because we are winning. Its soft. Raph should be automatically back, and I feel he will be a late call up.

TassieJones
Club Player

bah, our good form this year has taken all the interest out of selection night :(

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

The hard decision would be to put in the blokes that are senior players and originally part of the 22 (ie Max, Raph, and Maguire and Xavier to a lesser extent).

Takes the much easier option of not dropping players because we are winning. Its soft. Raph should be automatically back, and I feel he will be a late call up.
Well RL stated that he is not going on the history of players to get a game and they will have to really earn it.

This is dependent on current players having a shocker...

I really don't think he is taking a "easy option" at all.

In RL mind, the "original 22" are the CURRENT players

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stkfc1
Club Player

Spinner wrote:

If it aint broke... :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

No disrespect to Gwilt or Eddy but I would have preferred Raph over either of them

he's just better

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

You just wonder how much better we could be if we were playing players like Max, Goose and Raph rather than Eddy, Zac and Gwilt...

Whist the latter three have definately done their bit... surely the former few names could take the side to another level...

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:You just wonder how much better we could be if we were playing players like Max, Goose and Raph rather than Eddy, Zac and Gwilt...

Whist the latter three have definately done their bit... surely the former few names could take the side to another level...
What coach in their right mind would drop Zac :?:

Surely you are kidding, Zac has not put a foot wrong and you actually think that by dropping him we will play better???

Just what happens to a player's confidence??

just what happens to a TEAM that is undefeated when you drop a player that is preforming??

:roll:

I like RL attitude on this, and if you don't that's fine, but for me, the side is doing fine.

It just puts pressure on the current 22 to preform

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I tend to look at not changing the side as the easy way out.

agreed. not changing the side says "i don't know what i did, but we're winning, so let's hope it keeps going". if anyone pushes hard enough in the reserves, they need to have the option of being promoted for anyone who underperforms in the ones.

that said, last week gwilt and eddy were the last two, but no-one really pushed to replace them, so they got to keep their spots.

have to feel for mcevoy, though. he didn't play at sandy last week or this week, after being good for the first five weeks there, and st kilda emergency every week. makes it very hard for him to push for selection if he's not getting a game. i really hope for structural reasons that he comes in as a late change for gwilt.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:You just wonder how much better we could be if we were playing players like Max, Goose and Raph rather than Eddy, Zac and Gwilt...

Why is that. Goose hasnt played for 2 years and we are winning without the other two. I am not sure you can win 7 games out of 6.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Spinner wrote:I tend to look at not changing the side as the easy way out.

agreed. not changing the side says "i don't know what i did, but we're winning, so let's hope it keeps going". if anyone pushes hard enough in the reserves, they need to have the option of being promoted for anyone who underperforms in the ones.

that said, last week gwilt and eddy were the last two, but no-one really pushed to replace them, so they got to keep their spots.

have to feel for mcevoy, though. he didn't play at sandy last week or this week, after being good for the first five weeks there, and st kilda emergency every week. makes it very hard for him to push for selection if he's not getting a game. i really hope for structural reasons that he comes in as a late change for gwilt.
You have to be joking....

You actually think RL is thinking "I don't know what I did, but we are winning"

My God there are some simpletons on this forum.

Thank F*** you have nothing to do with the Club and its selections :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just goes to show that you earn your spot on form, not reputation..and that is just fine by me :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
No change
No surprise there.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just goes to show that you earn your spot on form, not reputation..and that is just fine by me :-)
happy with that - even happier if maxy and goose displayed the form we know they are capable of and break into the team at some stage!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
rexy
SS Life Member

Would have liked to have seen one more tall, liked our balance in the first couple of weeks more than our current one. Hope Gwilt or Eddy can start holding some marks in the fwd line, especially if someone gets hold of Roo.

Mind you I wouldnt have liked to have made the decision who gets dropped.

St Fid- Geelong have won 49 out of 52 matches and have made many selection changes based on performance, balance and ability. It is called professionalism when the players dropped and the players around them accept this and work harder to get back or to make sure the same does not happen to them.

Maybe this year?
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Since when does 3 good games in a 5 year career equal automatic selection?

Bring back the Lockett era
ace
Saintsational Legend

Raph Clarke, Mc Evoy and Armitage now officially named as the emergencies.
But Armitage played for Sandringham so Mc Evoy and Raph Clarke are the real emergencies.

We need to observe who does and does NOT play for Collingwood in the VFL on Sunday (at the Cardboard Box Stadium at 2:00PM).
It must stick in Eddie's throat having to play his VFL side's home matches at Carlton's ground.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:You have to be joking....

You actually think RL is thinking "I don't know what I did, but we are winning"

My God there are some simpletons on this forum.

Thank F*** you have nothing to do with the Club and its selections :roll:
winning covers all manner of evils. hence, cam mooney is seen as a good player.