Scanning in Monday

lendog heaven

what sort of information do you wish they had published?
you just have to look at the no. of postings on this site to ascertain the level of confusion - a simple members email at the start of the week would suffice - I can organise tickets no probs (have been interstate twice this year for eg) so doesn't phase me but reckon the club is slack - if you look under 'season 2009' on the website, click on 'tickets' and it talks about the grand final! you have to hunt around for the correct link, which is only just access to the ticketmaster site anyway. And you're right, brat, is a 16 game mship. Cheers!

Tramps like us.............
sainter35

iwantmeseats wrote:
I just want my gaurenteed entry and Ill stand one level 1 FFS! There has to be a way!?

Membership Tickets do not provide guaranteed entry.

It states on your plastic Membership ticket:

Entry subject to capacity
It doesn't actually. I have my membership card with me.

You are right that unless you have a reserved seat you aren't guaranteed entry but it doesn't actually say it on our membership ticket.

Not helping matters is the new ES website..has NO ticketing info for upcoming games at all...just points everything to the Ticketmaster website.

The old TD site had headlines warning you of "all-ticket" status and had a tickets section dedicated to info on AFL games and prices.

Um, if the GA tickets go will there be standing room tickets?

SaintDebi

sainter35 wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
I just want my gaurenteed entry and Ill stand one level 1 FFS! There has to be a way!?

You are right that unless you have a reserved seat you aren't guaranteed entry but it doesn't actually say it on our membership ticket.
You're right. Just checked my membership card and its not stated. Also wasn't on '07 or '08 cards either, although I would have sworn iwantmeseats was right.. I'm sure it has been in past years, but I'd have to look harder to find those.

I tried online a few days ago and no level 3 tickets available with my AFL membership. That's when I called and was told not to bother just to turn up and scan my card.

Now I've gone online again and paid $11 for a reserved seat on the wing level 3 row A. Nice.

But if I hadn't been persistent then who knows.... you turn up on the night and in fact you can't get in... or have to sit up in the nose bleed section?

So obvious this should have been an all ticket game.

Idiots.
Last edited by Richter on Tue 05 May 2009 10:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is also piss poor is that SEN hardly ever give useful ticketing info....they'd prefer to crap on ad-nauseum about "Who is the best kick in the AFL" and "Why wasn't Hodgy Selected?" and harp on about each issue for half and hour, or half a day.

Perhaps the tosser who gives the sports updates could occassionally give a ticketing update for each round for the big matches.......wouldn't do much harm eh??

There will be no problem getting in on Monday night.

Collo and his Sanby sidekick are just trying to extort money from the general public.

The game is on a Monday night. It is a Collingwood home game.
Demand will not be that great, half the Pies team is out suspended or injured.

I won't be there because we will crap on them and I refuse to add to Eddy's funds.

saintspremiers wrote:What is also piss poor is that SEN hardly ever give useful ticketing info....
Very good point.

It's a great station but I have never heard then give any of this sort of info out.

If the AFL want Monday night footy to take off they really need to get their act together better than this.

I can understand you giving it a miss Bernard, but the reality amongst Collingwood fans is that they give themselves a huge chance. I think there may be more than some expect....

SaintDebi

I have a feeling Bernard is right. I really doubt that this will be a sell out game.

SaintDebi wrote:I have a feeling Bernard is right. I really doubt that this will be a sell out game.
On the basis that St Kilda hasn't for a few years now drawn decent crowds, anything above low 40's attendance would be a good effort IMO.

lendog heaven wrote:
what sort of information do you wish they had published?
you just have to look at the no. of postings on this site to ascertain the level of confusion - a simple members email at the start of the week would suffice - I can organise tickets no probs (have been interstate twice this year for eg) so doesn't phase me but reckon the club is slack - if you look under 'season 2009' on the website, click on 'tickets' and it talks about the grand final! you have to hunt around for the correct link, which is only just access to the ticketmaster site anyway. And you're right, brat, is a 16 game mship. Cheers!
got me wondering lendog--

that's all-- because in the past people would NOT have even queried things like this
they would have just turned up.
home game- reserved seat- you know where your at or general admit- you know where you usually go

away game- well you turn up and sit or stand with the rest of the ground.

now we worry about which level- because we don't like the view-- and whether we're in the sun or next to the cheersquad.. 8-)

one reason would be our enthusiasm for the saints- , and I;m guessing that as much as some on here query everything and give all- there are many more who will-" just turn up"

hence my query- what sort of information should the club be offering- now that WE want more detail- other than just- you have a ticket just turn up :)

saintbrat wrote: hence my query- what sort of information should the club be offering- now that WE want more detail- other than just- you have a ticket just turn up :)
How about a simple list of options that are available to you depending on which sort of supporter you are.......

AFL member

Non member

Followed by options for walk-up, reserved seating etc. and how much they'll cost

Pretty obvious really.

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I can understand you giving it a miss Bernard, but the reality amongst Collingwood fans is that they give themselves a huge chance. I think there may be more than some expect....
Pie's fans I know think they can win, but won't be going because of the ridiculous scheduling.

This game was deliberately set up by the AFL to see if anyone will go to Monday night games.

If Collingwood can't draw a crowd they will give up. I don't want to encourage them.

they can win, but not likely at all really.

Richter wrote:I tried online a few days ago and no level 3 tickets available with my AFL membership. That's when I called and was told not to bother just to turn up and scan my card.

Now I've gone online again and paid $11 for a reserved seat on the wing level 3 row A. Nice.

But if I hadn't been persistent then who knows.... you turn up on the night and in fact you can't get in... or have to sit up in the nose bleed section?

Idiots.
Exactly the same for me Richter, I got Row C, been looking since Sat.
Also emailed AFL and got told the same thing.
This game has been a stuff up for mine.

maverick wrote:
Richter wrote:I tried online a few days ago and no level 3 tickets available with my AFL membership. That's when I called and was told not to bother just to turn up and scan my card.

Idiots.
Do you guys buy tickets other than footy tickets?

All venues only release limited tickets to test the market. First in is not best dressed.

I have often got better tickets for concerts and footy by not taking the supposed best available. Best available is the best available that has been released. They often withhold the best seats unlil later, to ensure sales keep moving.

maverick wrote:

Idiots.

All venues only release limited tickets to test the market. First in is not best dressed.

I have often got better tickets for concerts and footy by not taking the supposed best available. Best available is the best available that has been released. They often withhold the best seats unlil later, to ensure sales keep moving.
Get to heaps of other events, concerts, stage shows, special events, never seen anything as disorganised and blatant as this.

Have a Saints reserved seat and an AFL membership so don't usually go through all this, but was too slow to get AFL member tickets on the day released, real eye opener.

sainter35 wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:

Well I cannot state what is on yours..

But you are wrong to state that it doesn't state that on mine. For it does.

On all 5.

Tis on the back towards the bottom....at least on all 5 of mine anyway.

SaintDebi wrote:

You're right. Just checked my membership card and its not stated. Also wasn't on '07 or '08 cards either, although I would have sworn iwantmeseats was right.. I'm sure it has been in past years, but I'd have to look harder to find those.
Odd..it is on all of mine.

I just got the 2008 one's out as well..and there it is...on the back at the bottom.

Bugger all this Im going over to Rodgerfox's joint with a couple of cans...far easier and if I want to be reminded of the filth supporters I just look across the room at Dodgys toothless grin... :wink: (at least Saints43 does the washing up... :wink: )

SaintDebi wrote:

Odd..it is on all of mine.

I just got the 2008 one's out as well..and there it is...on the back at the bottom.
saintsRrising- are you a reserved seat holder?
saint Debi - are you a reserved seat holder?

in other words- if you don't have a reserved seat- they cannot guarentee you a seat..

saintbrat wrote:

saintsRrising- are you a reserved seat holder?
saint Debi - are you a reserved seat holder?

in other words- if you don't have a reserved seat- they cannot guarentee you a seat..
Well I am not.

But we are talking about General Admission are we not?

maverick wrote:

Idiots.

Get to heaps of other events, concerts, stage shows, special events, never seen anything as disorganised and blatant as this.

Have a Saints reserved seat and an AFL membership so don't usually go through all this, but was too slow to get AFL member tickets on the day released, real eye opener.
Don't know how long you've been an AFL member, but you should know that the Filth have the greatest number of AFL members, and the AFL members allocation for their games disappear quick smart. AFL members seating for May were available from 1 April (they go on sale on the 1st of the month before the game is played).

There will still be plenty of seats available on Monday night.